You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I dont think Klopp accepting the reality of the finances of the club is "covering for FSG".

I don't think he is being diplomatic. Pragmatic, maybe.

I don't think it creates any value for him to admit he doesn't have hella money to burn either in the market itself or within the current squad dynamic - it makes much more sense to do exactly what he has done - big up the current lads and say we are not going to go out and make a transfer for the sake of it. Even if -- no especially if that is exactly what he wants to do.

I don't think he has 142 mil at his disposal nor will he next summer.

• Upvote 1

My scepticism with our current owners set in last summer when we'd achieved CL football for the first time in many years and the time was right to strengthen then. We'd become an attractive proposition with both CL football and a world class manager who players wanted to play for. Salah was a superb signing and AOC hasn't done too badly either but its obvious that they alone weren't going to fill the gaps long term and ongoing injuries to Lallana,Clyne and Henderson,even Sturridge and Ings too. Sorry,I forgot about Solanke but it made more sense to keep Origi unless he was being paid too much?

Klopp could easily take us to fourth once again but a slump in form or injury crisis was never going to be a surprise with this squad.

Some of you guys need to make your fucking mind up.

When Klopp refused to admit we needed a defender last summer, you all came out and said he was saying what was needed and that he was “hardly going to throw his players under the bus”.

Now he’s saying we don’t need to replace Coutinho and apparently it’s because he completely 100% stands by his words.

Only two options here - (i) he is covering up the fact that we can’t buy right now or they won’t sanction the player he wants or (ii) he’s a fucking moron who believes having Danny ings as the only attacking back up is adequate.

I don’t think Klopp is a moron, but it seems like certain posters on here do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

He strikes me as the type who'd keep it in house, he wouldn't be leaking to his favourite journalist etc.

He's too outwardly passionate not to act on his instincts if he was getting a raw deal.

He appears to have a strong passion for coaching players and firmly believes in his methods. They clearly take time for players to adopt, both mentally and physically. Think thats why he swerves January signings.

Other managers, such as Mourinho, know they arent big at the actual tutlage of the game and if things arent going to plan they would not accept that they may have a share of responsibility in that, simply put it at the players door and buy new ones 

I dont think Klopp accepting the reality of the finances of the club is "covering for FSG".

Nor do I. That's not what I or anybody else have said, is it? Saying 'I have all the Coutinho money' when, according to some, knows that he doesn't in order to be 'diplomatic' is covering for FSG.

No - its not. He may already understand that some of that was put out for VVD and Keita, in which case he does have it all -- that is where you seem to be stuck.

So there is a chance he knows stuff you do not and he does not feel the need to tell you or me.

We will see - but don't hold your breath waiting for +142 m to be the net spend at the end of the next window. Or the one after that. That seems to be what you are implying.

Over and over.

No. He clearly fucking said...

You know what, what's the point. He's making it up anyway.

That is what we need from you man - a little clarity. You might be wrong but at least you have pointed out for the 27th time which part of what he has said you believe to be true.

So, to clarify,  you are saying he has a clean 140m in his pocket that he spends however he wants - cuz that is what he said.

Let me ask you a direct question and see if you can go on record -- ON THE INTERNET!!!

Will we have a 140m net spend after the next transfer window ? Y/N

IF no -- does he really have it - I mean really really.

That is what we need from you man - a little clarity.

So you are saying he has 140m in his pocket - cuz that is what he said.

Let me ask you a direct question and see if you can go on record -- ON THE INTERNET!!!

Will we have a 140m net spend after the next transfer window? Y/N

IF no -- does he really have it - I mean really really.

To be fair, I've said it multiple times what I think and I've been really clear about it. But sure, I'll say it again. No worries. Klopp stated, 'dismiss[ing] suggestions that the Coutinho money had effectively already been spent in securing deals for Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita' that “We will get all the money”. He said that there has always been money there and more and that the owners are on his side. Now, if he knows differently I would say that's a little more than being diplomatic, it would be outright lying. It's not like he is being vague. He's very clear. I've no reason to doubt the veracity of what he is saying.

As for your question, which is different to anything I've discussed before regarding net spend, assuming we don't sell shit (for example, I think Mignolet is gone, and will bring in money, as will Sturridge, et al) then I think we will have a very healthy net spend. I think we will get a keeper for relatively big money and a midfielder/attacker type replacement (not necessarily directly comparative) at the minimum. I would expect another defender or defensively minded midfielder, too. I guess we will see. I would say the 100m we will get for Coutinho that is 100% guaranteed will be spent, yes. Something I've said all along is that I'll be unhappy if it isn't.Either at Klopp, FSG, or both. I care less about net spend than I do in getting good quality players in positions we need them. In short, yes; unless we get massive late deals for shite players.

What do you think? Because if we've already spent it on VVD and Naby - he'll be short and we will have a positive net spend under these criminal yacht merchants?

If the money is there, then why are we not looking to bring some of these glaring squad needs?

What if we get past FC Porto, get a great draw, and then get a few injuries? The CL is our only chance of silverware this year. 

Not sure if you've noticed this mate but FSG give not one flying, solitary fuck about the footballing success of this club as long as it's rolling the cash their way.

To be fair, I've said it multiple times what I think and I've been really clear about it. But sure, I'll say it again. No worries. Klopp stated, 'dismiss[ing] suggestions that the Coutinho money had effectively already been spent in securing deals for Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita' that “We will get all the money”. He said that there has always been money there and more and that the owners are on his side. Now, if he knows differently I would say that's a little more than being diplomatic, it would be outright lying. It's not like he is being vague. He's very clear. I've no reason to doubt the veracity of what he is saying.

As for your question, which is different to anything I've discussed before regarding net spend, assuming we don't sell shit (for example, I think Mignolet is gone, and will bring in money, as will Sturridge, et al) then I think we will have a very healthy net spend. I think we will get a keeper for relatively big money and a midfielder/attacker type replacement (not necessarily directly comparative) at the minimum. I would expect another defender or defensively minded midfielder, too. I guess we will see. I would say the 100m we will get for Coutinho that is 100% guaranteed will be spent, yes. Something I've said all along is that I'll be unhappy if it isn't.Either at Klopp, FSG, or both. I care less about net spend than I do in getting good quality players in positions we need them. In short, yes; unless we get massive late deals for shite players.

What do you think? Because if we've already spent it on VVD and Naby - he'll be short and we will have a positive net spend under these criminal yacht merchants?

The last sentence should not have a question mark - it would be a fact. Actually it is a fact.

We do.

I think we will buy a couple of players, good players but not the world class targets people have been throwing around. There is not enough wage for a player like Oblak to come here - Atletico is a top team in the biggest football city in the world. Lemar will find another another suitor imo.

I do not think that before any additional outgoings ( there should be upwards of 30m deadwood still to be chipped away)  there will be 142m pure plowed into this team. Much less after.

Not sure if you've noticed this mate but FSG give not one flying, solitary fuck about the footballing success of this club as long as it's rolling the cash their way.

Yea, I've been the one making that point.  I was just being a repetitious little twat about there not being the Coutinho money to be spent, because it's already been spent.

The last sentence should not have a question mark - it would be a fact. Actually it is a fact.

We do.

No we don't.

I think we will buy a couple of players -- I do not think that even before additional outgoings ( there should be upwards of 30m deadwood still to be chipped away)  there will be 142m pure plowed into the team.

142 is the overall transfer 105 is guaranteed. I think we could see an outgoing of 150m or more in the summer.

• Upvote 1

This is the commitment TLW has been waiting for from you.

TLW doesn't give a fuck. Like I say, it's more about the players we bring in. If next summer we bring in Lemar, Alisson, and another, but don't end up with 150m net spend.. I don't much care. I care about the players, the performance, etc.

TLW doesn't give a fuck. Like I say, it's more about the players we bring in. If next summer we bring in Lemar, Alisson, and another, but don't end up with 150m net spend.. I don't much care. I care about the players, the performance, etc.

Me too - but I can do the math in my head and realize there is no way we could bring in Lemar and Allison and another and not spend top dosh -- unless you are saying it would be ok to cash in on another one of our top three players.

We dont have that much deadwood. Well we do - but not enough that someone will pay for.

Me too - but I can do the math in my head and realize there is no way we could bring in Lemar and Allison and another and not spend top dosh -- unless you are saying it would be ok to cash in on another one of our top three players.

We dont have that much deadwood. Well we do - but not enough that someone will pay for.

Fuck no. No more sales. The FF won’t cope!