You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Klopp's words are not always clear statements but if you take them at face value your understanding of them holds up, I can acknowledge that. You seem incapable of entertaining any alternative, so confirmation bias if you like.

I'll keep a healthy dose if cynicism thanks.

I’m all for cynical approaches to what people say. But there’s quite a difference between ‘I’m not sure I believe him when he says he has money to spend’ and ‘you idiot, he clearly means he doesn’t have money to spend and FSG are selling players for ywchts’. Being wary is one thing, making things up, as others have done repeatedly, is a whole other ballgag.

And yet you refuse to apply that approach in this case.

You can be cynical and still believe something. I know you want me to dismiss what he has said, on multiple occasions, a multiple of ways, but I’ve got no evidence or anything to suggest he is telling lies being diplomatic.

I’m happy to change my mind but I can’t see any rational reason to think what he is saying isn’t accurate. I’m judging what he has said, his actions, and my knowledge of how he acts over two clubs and many years. If you have something - anything - to suggest what he is saying isn’t accurate, please let me know so I can jump aboard this bus of darkness and despair.

• Upvote 1

Haha, and you accuse others of hysterical fannyism!!

That’s where it all breaks down isn’t it? When you’re asked to produce something to back up what you’re saying. We can debate back and forth, but I’ve asked multiple people for something to back up what they’re saying and not one single person is willing to provide anything that’ll support their view. Shame.

He strikes me as the type who'd keep it in house, he wouldn't be leaking to his favourite journalist etc.

Like most things the truth probably lies somewhere in between, He will have financial parameters to meet which could make life difficult but he is doubtless extremely choosy about who he brings in and inflexible when his first choices are unavailable 

He certainly said that we needed to "strengthen from the outside" and that "quality out needs to be replaced with quality in". 

This was in the last few days - for him I think that is going out on a limb.

He sure did. At the same time as he said that we will make lots of signings. It was about this window.

Wha??

So you think when he said that, he means it in very broad general terms -

We vill make lotz ov signings!!

But that was not about this window -- with that presumption you have decided that he doesnt want any of these lots during this window. Sometime yes, but not in this moment since he didnt say it will be tomorrow - just cuz he didn't. But he does want them. He wants lots, he said so - just not now. Maybe - in your opinion.

Knowing how he parses his words I would conclude the exact opposite.

• Upvote 1

binning the deadwood should free up some money to do something surely?  I can see why they would want some of the shit shifted first.  Sturridge and Markovic would free up a bit.

They are both dead money.  If those 2 go, it looks like we have finally cleared the real junk.

Then on to operation upgrade.

forgot about flanagan and bogdan.

I suspect what you think is wise and what I think is sensible vary quite somewhat. I support Klopp, and I trust his judgement. I judge it over a few people on the internet who are making things up and pretending that making things up is better than listening to what the manager says. If that makes me unwise to you, fair enough by me. Judging by your recent posts, wisdom isn’t your specialty.

Possibly. What i think is not sensible is selling your best player mid season and bringing in no replacement. If i have to believe that selling Coutinho is good business and bringing nobody in is fine, then i'd rather be seen as unwise (in the eyes of some) and preserve my critical thinking skills. 

• Upvote 3

Possibly. What i think is not sensible is selling your best player mid season and bringing in no replacement. If i have to believe that selling Coutinho is good business and bringing nobody in is fine, then i'd rather be seen as unwise (in the eyes of some) and preserve my critical thinking skills.

I think you might be changing things up a bit there, mate. I agree that selling Coutinho without a replacement is far from ideal. That’s not what was being discussed, though.

Only as strange as having a completely closed mind to Klopp's statements assuming he is incapable of diplomacy and therefore have only one meaning.

I think the healthier, and more realistic, stance to take is probably somewhere in-between.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s where it all breaks down isn’t it? When you’re asked to produce something to back up what you’re saying. We can debate back and forth, but I’ve asked multiple people for something to back up what they’re saying and not one single person is willing to provide anything that’ll support their view. Shame.

No. You just got a bit hysterical so I thought it best not to engage any further at that point.

I've seen people provide quotes to you that they feel are vague or ambiguous, myself included, you just flatly refuse to countenance any view other than your own.

• Upvote 2

Like most things the truth probably lies somewhere in between, He will have financial parameters to meet which could make life difficult but he is doubtless extremely choosy about who he brings in and inflexible when his first choices are unavailable

Yep, and maybe a tad too much faith in who he has already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A start to our improvement would be not selling anymore of our best players for a few years atleast, and you know, do something daft, like build on them. One step forward two steps back is no way to run a successful football club. Continually playing catch up, walking in treacle, treading water, knitting fog etc etc.

Then maybe in the next window we can improve the parts of our squad that are weak and not weaken the part/s that are strong. Having these fantastic attacking players over the years then losing them whilst having crap in the rest of the team is soul destroying, almost cruel.

What might have been, WMHB.

Doing the right thing in the summer window shouldn't be anyone's line in the sand imo. How many windows have we had to listen to promises about warchests, about players/teams getting pissed off with us because of how much we've fucked about, only to ultimately lose out to other teams, or hear that we just couldn't get it over the line?

Having a great summer window won't make them great owners, just like having another shit window won't make them terrible owners; it's the body of work that proves them to be shit owners. 

I fully expect them to throw us a bone now and again just to keep the natives in order, but they've been fucking shit.

I'm with NV on this.  I'm one of the more cynical members of the human populace - and after some of the rank bullshit peddled by previous managers who wouldn't be - but I believe Klopp has the funds to buy now should he wish to.

The main issue with this 'it was Klopp covering for FSG' or even the 'it was Klopp being diplomatic' line of thinking, other than there being nothing at all to back it up and it being invented by those who want to have a pop, is that it's neither covering for FSG nor is it diplomatic. It would set them all up for a massive fucking fall. The diplomatic way to deal with FSG telling him he can't spend wouldn't be to say 'fuck yeah we've got money to spend'. It generally seems a poorly thought out suggestion. The cynic in my won't let me believe it without evidence, or at least some form of logic.