You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Who has said he is happy?

What people have said is he is probably a better poker player than the Hysterical Fannies.

People on this thread, literally in the last few pages, have referenced him saying that he is 'happy' to go the rest of the season with the state of the current squad as there being no reason for concern. 

It's been said on here tons. 'Klopp seems to be happy to wait until the summer and I trust his judgement'.

He's not fucking happy. If he is then he is a masochist.

Where does it all end though? People say they’ve quadrupled the value of the club. Maybe they have but who the fuck in their right mind is gonna buy it off them for over a billion quid? Similar hedge funds/billionaire investors will look at FSG selling and know that the bubble must have or is close to approaching its peak. So they can either sell us to a sugar daddy or someone that will guarantee a gradual decline.

Where does it all end though? People say they’ve quadrupled the value of the club. Maybe they have but who the fuck in their right mind is gonna buy it off them for over a billion quid? Similar hedge funds/billionaire investors will look at FSG selling and know that the bubble must have or is close to approaching its peak. So they can either sell us to a sugar daddy or someone that will guarantee a gradual decline.

I think a lot of people misunderstand rich fuckers and thus the FSG model. Rich bastards don't just have massive piles of cash lying around, or even a massive amount of money in a bank account.

They are mostly asset rich - sure a fair bit of that will be posh houses, yachts and a trophy wife (hi Linda), but once they've got all that they keep their wealth about the place in other vehicles that keep it growing.

So FSG really don't have any intention of selling up to anyone. LFC is a pretty good investment, sports investment is their thing and they're rich enough that they don't need cash for anything else really. Unless they were offered a humongous amount of money over and above what the club is worth, perhaps - however there are lots more rich bastards in America and they've not sold the Red Sox yet.

I think a lot of people misunderstand rich fuckers and thus the FSG model. Rich bastards don't just have massive piles of cash lying around, or even a massive amount of money in a bank account.

They are mostly asset rich - sure a fair bit of that will be posh houses, yachts and a trophy wife (hi Linda), but once they've got all that they keep their wealth about the place in other vehicles that keep it growing.

So FSG really don't have any intention of selling up to anyone. LFC is a pretty good investment, sports investment is their thing and they're rich enough that they don't need cash for anything else really. Unless they were offered a humongous amount of money over and above what the club is worth, perhaps - however there are lots more rich bastards in America and they've not sold the Red Sox yet.

But we’re not a profitable investment in terms of taking out dividends, are we? I was under the impression (having read it on a loop on here for years) that the only way they’ll profit from us is by increasing the value of the club and then selling up.

But we’re not a profitable investment in terms of taking out dividends, are we? I was under the impression (having read it on a loop on here for years) that the only way they’ll profit from us is by increasing the value of the club and then selling up.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

They are already richer because their investment is worth more. They don't need to sell or take out dividends to be profiting.

Since we buy to sell now, there's a lot of money to be made with the biggest tv in history disappearing and champions league income, neither going back into the team. 

Maybe they've realised no one will buy for the inflated price, hence the shift in spending policy.   They did used to give us every penny the club made.

Klopp's waiting for the players he wants to be available. Thought that became pretty clear after he endured the spastics we have at the back for another 6 months in order to get VvD, but if people want to blame the owners and vent because they don't want to place their anger towards Klopp, I guess that's fine. 

I’ll go back to my first sentence then.

Where does it all end?

Who knows?

The FSG types might pass on their investments to their kids and/or trophy wives. They might decide to disband their business arrangement and either gradually or all at once sell the assets, which include Liverpool, the Red Sox, a TV network, a NASCAR team and some other stuff.

Some benevolent scouse billionaire might offer to buy Liverpool for twice what the club is worth and they do sell up.

• Upvote 1

Who knows?

The FSG types might pass on their investments to their kids and/or trophy wives. They might decide to disband their business arrangement and either gradually or all at once sell the assets, which include Liverpool, the Red Sox, a TV network, a NASCAR team and some other stuff.

Some benevolent scouse billionaire might offer to buy Liverpool for twice what the club is worth and they do sell up.

An FSG dynasty. I can picture it now. Our kids, and their kids after them, fifty years from now still discussing net spend and bemoaning the fact that Saudi-owned Brentford have finished in the top 12 and therefore made it into the Champions League whilst we’re still selling to buy just to finish in 16th and scrape our way into the UEFA Cup.

• Upvote 1

An FSG dynasty. I can picture it now. Our kids, and their kids after them, fifty years from now still discussing net spend and bemoaning the fact that Saudi-owned Brentford have finished in the top 12 and therefore made it into the Champions League whilst we’re still selling to buy just to finish in 16th and scrape our way into the UEFA Cup.

There'll always be the Apple iCup to play for.

To be fair the owners could have had 2 cups in Klopps first season but the players messed up a penalty shoot out against City in one final and then could not build on a half time lead in the other final. That would have slewed some peoples stats.

A lot of people say that they are ok with them not putting any of their own money in but unfortunately this sport and in particular this league doesn't work like that.

If they don't want to put any of their own money in then they are in the wrong sport. It's OK doing this at lower league clubs who survive by selling their best players to the Premier League to keep afloat and hoping they get a good FA Cup draw to boost the coffers. The Liverpool equivalent is selling our best players for top money and limping into the Champions League. The year we had a record TV deal the club made a 13 million pound profit on transfers.

This is what people are so fed up at them about and why we are constantly in a rebuilding phase while other clubs we are competing against aren't. We never build from a position of power and stand still.

I'm ok with them not putting any of their own money in.  I'm not ok with Liverpool not spending what it earns, though.  We're making hundreds of millions of pounds, and we've got a flat net spend for their stewardship.  Fuck that.

Klopp has never complained about not getting enough support from FSG when it comes to transfer, nor has he even remotely showing any signs of being unhappy for being undermined in any way.

So is Klopp being too much of a wuss to do anything, or is he being too loyal and an absolute professional about not airing his 'unhappiness' publicly? Or is he just a good actor and actually in the same boat (yacht!) with his bosses in making a fool of the fans?

It's quite baffling really, because he never said anything bad about our transfer dealings and in fact has repeatedly saying the complete opposite, that he's the man in charge, it's his decisions etc.

They don't have to sell the club lock stock and barrel to take money out. They could list shares on the New York Stock Exchange or Hong Kong etc with limited voting rights. The owners of Manchester United have taken out hundreds of millions that way and kept the asset. They could sell say 20% they could sell the club but keep the stadium or even just the do something with the main stand, refinancing etc.

Some experienced investors like George Soros think football clubs are underpriced I think he bought a chunk of the Manchester United shares that became available. For this to be done with Liverpool they need to show a strong balance sheet not silverware in the trophy cabinet.