You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Fair enough but the failure to address the goalkeeping problem is diabolical, It looks as though yet another window will pass before we get an upgrade, Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid

I would love a new keeper this window. It might not happen but I am not going to lose my shit over it until Mignolet or Karius cost us another goal. That said, we have a better chance of getting a real top class keeper the stronger the team is and finishing higher in the league and progressing in the CL. I keep hearing Butland being linked with us and I keep thinking hell no, we can do a lot better than him.

I would love a new keeper this window. It might not happen but I am not going to lose my shit over it until Mignolet or Karius cost us another goal. That said, we have a better chance of getting a real top class keeper the stronger the team is and finishing higher in the league and progressing in the CL. I keep hearing Butland being linked with us and I keep thinking hell no, we can do a lot better than him.

I lost my shit over it a couple of years back, Hardly a shock Mig has failed to improve and Karius looked a dud from the get go. Klopp guilty of a bit of bloody mindedness there I'm afraid. See we're linked with Butland which would be an improvement but cant see anything until the summer , 

I lost my shit over it a couple of years back, Hardly a shock Mig has failed to improve and Karius looked a dud from the get go. Klopp guilty of a bit of bloody mindedness there I'm afraid. See we're linked with Butland which would be an improvement but cant see anything until the summer , 

Jurgen firmly believes he can improve players. Yeah he is no keeper coach but I am sure he probably thinks motivational speeches work as well. We would all be applauding him if the gamble on Karius had paid off and he was getting rave reviews in the Bundesliga at the end of that season we bought him. But time has proved neither are good enough so I hope he does go into the market in the summer at the very least. My big worry is his current keeper coach plus the fact he never upgraded that weidenfalla fella or whatever he was called at Dortmund.

Jurgen firmly believes he can improve players. Yeah he is no keeper coach but I am sure he probably thinks motivational speeches work as well. We would all be applauding him if the gamble on Karius had paid off and he was getting rave reviews in the Bundesliga at the end of that season we bought him. But time has proved neither are good enough so I hope he does go into the market in the summer at the very least. My big worry is his current keeper coach plus the fact he never upgraded that weidenfalla fella or whatever he was called at Dortmund.

Club like Liverpool cant afford to school raw young keepers. We need a solid proven player

While I don't think FSG are great, there is a divide between the boomer generation that thinks Liverpool can overcome every financial hurdle through hard work and millenials that understand finances determine pretty much everything in life. The Boomers' magical thinking has ruined the planet and maybe it's part of the reason why the fanbase is still overwhelmingly negative. 

Speaking as a boomer, I'm afraid I think you're a little bit thick. 

• Upvote 1

Think you have that the wrong way round. Boomers know the value of money, work hard for it and see saving for a rainy day as a good policy. Boomers do not expect some rich sugar daddy or bank of mum and dad to bail them out of a financial hole all the time. Millenials on the other hand want it all today and see throwing shitloads of money at a problem as the only way to fix anything.

That's such a misguided and lazy stereotype.

From all accounts, Karius was brilliant.  He came here and completely shit the bed.

Yes which goes to show Klopp thought he was buying a quality keeper. Plus he would also be aware of him being at Mainz and Dortmund. We can all see it has not worked and as I have said would love him to buy a better keeper this window. If we have to wait until the summer there is not a lot we as fans can do but grin and bear it.