You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Jurgen has agreed this. If he had not he would be out the door and could walk into the Bayern job tomorrow.

He knows how football works, he knows how this club has worked for the last 7 years, I don't think this particularly transfer will make much difference to him. However I do think if he can't change the status quo and it keeps happening he'll get to the point where he'll consider his future.

Got any evidence that FSG went back on their word?

Seriously though.. they are business people, nothing wrong with that. The money offered is fucking ridiculous of course they were going to take it.

I am sure Klopp was in agreement if he could buy a replacement so let’s see what happens.

It's always weird how little criticism players get for their antics when they try to leave this club. We've had players refusing to play, faking injuries, biting other players and declaring publicly they'd like to play for another Premier League club, and yet there are still meltdowns whenever the club makes the decision to get rid of the malcontent twats. 

Really, really bizarre. 

• Upvote 1

What do you mean "what happened to that?"

Some people tried to get it off the ground, then it died down, but it won't be long until it comes back up again. Oh but it already has of course.

Klopp gave Coutinho the captaincy in the last couple of weeks, doesn't seem like he was desperate to get rid.

I can't imagine a scenario where FSG say coutinho doesn't leave without Klopps permission.

Then they decide to sell him regardless, and leave Klopp looking like the cunt who allowed it.

Wouldn't happen, and if it did then Klopp would be off pretty sharpish for being made to look like a mug.

We aren't even a week into the transfer window yet and people are talking like we are being deliberately stripped of assets to fund a new yacht.

Still 3 weeks left, I'm pretty sure we'll have a replacement lined up, then all the hysterical fannies can go back into their box until the summer.

It's always weird how little criticism players get for their antics when they try to leave this club. We've had players refusing to play, faking injuries, biting other players and declaring publicly they'd like to play for another Premier League club, and yet there are still meltdowns whenever the club makes the decision to get rid of the malcontent twats.

Really, really bizarre.

What's the point in criticising the player to any great extent, he won't be our player for much longer so we might as well forget about him.

But we'll still have these owners, owners who are overseeing a period in the club's history where our best players want to leave every 18-24 months. They're not creating the conditions where these players want to stay and that deserves criticism.

Jurgen has agreed this. If he had not he would be out the door and could walk into the Bayern job tomorrow.

He's under a very lucrative contract he can't walk even if he wanted to. It would cost Bayern around 35 million to buy it out. Not that I think he would walk he has a cushy gig here and he seems genuinely settled. Football managers rarely walk out of such contracts. It's one of those lazy cliches that exist in football.

What's the point in criticising the player to any great extent, he won't be our player for much longer so we might as well forget about him.

But we'll still have these owners, owners who are overseeing a period in the club's history where our best players want to leave every 18-24 months. They're not creating the conditions where these players want to stay and that deserves criticism.

They hired Jurgen Klopp and he's signed all of his desired transfer targets. How are these not adequate conditions?

He knows how football works, he knows how this club has worked for the last 7 years, I don't think this particularly transfer will make much difference to him. However I do think if he can't change the status quo and it keeps happening he'll get to the point where he'll consider his future.

I actually think you are wrong and there is evidence to support this. He wanted van Dijk when most on here were losing their heads saying are there no other CBs we could sign. He held firm to get what he wanted. Same with Keita. Held firm got a deal in place for next season. Jurgen is clearly changing the MO of the club but not some fans obviously that 2nd choice will not do. I am sure Jurgen both wanted to keep Coutinho and is not happy he could not convince the player to stay. But Klopp knows the bad smell a want away player brings to a club. It reminds me of Keegan at Newcastle when he sold Cole to Manchester United. A group of geordies confronted Keegan at St James Park saying what you doing selling him to them. Keegan said trust me. We have sold a Spaniard, a Urugyan a Argentine and now a Brasilian to Spains top 2. That shows there is not much you can do when these players want to go there.

Read the article - Klopp wanted to sell him in the summer - he has allowed it.

Actions speak louder than a journalists words. Why did Klopp very recently give the captaincy to someone he's wanted out if the club since August?

That's pretty fucking unfair, mate. It's not exactly a possibility to move Liverpool FC to Spain and at the same time, recruit Messi. 

Actions speak louder than a journalists words. Why did Klopp very recently give the captaincy to someone he's wanted out if the club since August?

Because he was the longest serving player in the starting XI. Can was captain for a spell last night and he’s fucking off to Juve.

He's under a very lucrative contract he can't walk even if he wanted to. It would cost Bayern around 35 million to buy it out. Not that I think he would walk he has a cushy gig here and he seems genuinely settled. Football managers rarely walk out of such contracts.

Come on. He has a cushy gig here. I must be daft because I thought he wanted to be the man to try and win our first league title in god knows how many years. Yeah I am sure he sees it as a cushy gig when he is berating those main standers.

To change his mind and convince him to stay, obviously. Klopp wanted him gone because he didn't want to be here. If Coutinho had shown signs of finishing the season here, Klopp would've gladly kept him, but he didn't. This isn't complicated.