You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

On this point, Manchester United have a noodle partner, we have the whole food division of Japanese group NH foods! 

https://www.nipponham.co.jp/eng/group/business/

Fuck you, Yernited!

Better than any win at the Theatre of *insert your own pithy put down here*.

Theatre of shite always worked for me or something to do with bad shithouse dog aids

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I believe this kind of income is keeping our ticket prices 'reasonable/lower' than would otherwise be the case.

Really? Fourth highest season ticket price in the division after Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs according to some table I found online there.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6404583-ranking-the-average-prices-of-premier-league-club-s-season-tickets-ahead-of-2019-20-season

48 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Really? Fourth highest season ticket price in the division after Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs according to some table I found online there.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6404583-ranking-the-average-prices-of-premier-league-club-s-season-tickets-ahead-of-2019-20-season

It's also a little misleading. Ours includes just 19 league games, all cup tickets are extra. Arsenal for example includes the 1st 7 cup matches of each season. That has much less value now as they're shit, but when they were in the CL every season, they were generally getting 4 or 5 European games thrown in too. I don't know if it's the same at spurs. 

9 hours ago, El Rojo said:

4th highest seassie price for a club that tended to float around 4th place in the league and 4th highest transfer spend.

And based on an attendance of around 44,000 per home game before the extended Main Stand opened. The cost of a season ticket had over the years, been high because of Anfield's lowish capacity and you still get a couple of games 'free' over general admission prices if you're fortunate to get in to all the PL games.

ST prices have been frozen for a couple of years and hopefully will continue to be.

Im not in agreement with the statement arsenal's general seassies included the price of 7 'cup' games. To my knowledge they got a a couple of games in the domestic cups and European games were extra although the seassie gave the holder priority rights to purchase them.

On 26/09/2019 at 21:49, Numero Veinticinco said:

There's a middle ground. Some people on here think they can do no right, or wouldn't acknowledge it if they did. Some - although I've never seen them - think they can do no wrong. Some of us think they've done some things wrong and quite a lot right. 

Exactly. This isn't a vanity project for them and they will get a decent return.  Getting Klopp has been manna from heaven for them as he isn't interested in buying a team for mega bucks.   

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

4th highest seassie price for a club that tended to float around 4th place in the league and 4th highest transfer spend.

And based on an attendance of around 44,000 per home game before the extended Main Stand opened. The cost of a season ticket had over the years, been high because of Anfield's lowish capacity and you still get a couple of games 'free' over general admission prices if you're fortunate to get in to all the PL games.

ST prices have been frozen for a couple of years and hopefully will continue to be.

Im not in agreement with the statement arsenal's general seassies included the price of 7 'cup' games. To my knowledge they got a a couple of games in the domestic cups and European games were extra although the seassie gave the holder priority rights to purchase them.

I've got a bunch of mates who are arsenal st holders and they deffo get their 1st 7 cup matches free per season. They pay about a grand for them (or did 2 or 3 years back). Back when they were in the CL we worked out our tickets were about the same price, but they would maybe lose out if they had a lot of home domestic cup games as they'd be cheaper. They had better seats than mine in the kop though. The flip side is they're now shit and all the cup tickets are valueless as nobody even wants to go and they have uefa cup not European cup. 

Edit ... https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/matchcategories

Each Arsenal season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign gives you admission to 26 graded matches.

Your season tickets include all 19 home Premier League and the first seven home cup matches in European competitions and the Emirates FA Cup, with all fixtures subject to match categorisation.

On 10/09/2019 at 16:46, Barry Wom said:

Aren't they incentivised to finish as low as possible once they won't make the playoffs? They do better in the draft next year?

Nope. Baseball isn't like American Football or NBA, where highly drafted kids are ready to start and be stars. Baseball draftees still have to go through a long developing process with the farm system before they were deemed ready. Drafting early still mattered, but not as much. The incentive is still to win, given how much they spent. 

Red Sox are in a tough division. A slow start fucked them and that was that. No biggie.

• Upvote 1

The new Sporting Intelligence survey on global sports salaries is out. The figures quoted are only the basic salaries and don't include bonus payments, image rights etc.

http://www.globalsportssalaries.com

The average first-teamer at Anfield earns just over £5.5m a year (just over £106,000 per week), which puts Liverpool 41st in the list of the world's top sports teams by average pay. They were 38th on the list last year. In football terms, Liverpool are 8th on the list globally.

The top 3 in the world are Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus, with PSG in 12th. Barcelona's average is not far short of £10m per player, of course massively inflated by Messi's new contract. I suspect Juventus are so high because of Ronaldo's deal (they were 9th on the list last year). NBA teams make up the numbers between 4th and 11th, and indeed the NBA makes up the vast majority of the top 40 teams.

Man City pay on average just under £7m per year (just over £134,000 per week), but who knows what is paid out in "ambassadorial fees" and "consultancy fees" by their ownership group to keep the club's own books looking healthy.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Trumo said:

The new Sporting Intelligence survey on global sports salaries is out. The figures quoted are only the basic salaries and don't include bonus payments, image rights etc.

http://www.globalsportssalaries.com

The average first-teamer at Anfield earns just over £5.5m a year (just over £106,000 per week), which puts Liverpool 41st in the list of the world's top sports teams by average pay. They were 38th on the list last year. In football terms, Liverpool are 8th on the list globally.

Fucking Austerity for you. 

14 hours ago, Trumo said:

Sturridge must have been on a fortune if binning him was enough to drop us down 3 places.