You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

On 27/07/2019 at 17:21, gkmacca said:

When John Henry made these comments a month ago - 'We need to get healthy. We need Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back, we need a healthy Lallana. And I would guess we will see more of Divock next year' - I was surprised more wasn't made of it, because it struck me that he'd pretty much already decided that Klopp was going to have to make the best of what we have. FSG have learnt a lot since they've been here, but they seem to need to learn it the hard way. 

I seemed to be the only one who did

• Downvote 1

I remember about them talking about raising our revenues so we could invest in the squad, well we're not raising them much more than last season. 

Approx £80m total net spend under Klopp, which is criminal when you look not only at the clubs we have to compete against, but the fact we're the 7th richest club in the world, and we're being outspent by Villa and Brighton.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Horus said:

I remember about them talking about raising our revenues so we could invest in the squad, well we're not raising them much more than last season. 

Approx £80m total net spend under Klopp, which is criminal when you look not only at the clubs we have to compete against, but the fact we're the 7th richest club in the world, and we're being outspent by Villa and Brighton.

We've actually just about outspent Brighton since Klopp took over, but not by much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They run the club with more financial sense and business practice than the last two sets of owners which isn't hard to be honest. I do like the way they have increased the club revenues and we aren't massively in debt. They had the sense to hire Klopp but he is a perfect fit for them as he is good at working to a budget and is interested in developing young players. We offered the job to Ancelotti but he turned it down because he believed that we needed to spend shitloads to get the spine of the team to a decent level. 

I do wonder what they will do once Klopp leaves because there won't be another manager out there like him who will match up to their ethos. There might be one that emerges in the next couple of years but at the moment I'd only say Pochettino would fit their model. He'll either still be at Spurs or in Italy or Spain by then. 

We are a million times better off now than when Hodgson was here and then Kenny Dalglish bought some poor players. I honestly never thought we'd be in a position to challenge for the league for a long time, never mind the European Cup. Thank god we have Jurgen Klopp.

What annoys me about them is that they are ridiculously over cautious about certain things and always try to downplay everything. The tiresome stories they feed to the Echo over transfers are annoying,  they like to lower the expectations of the fans but want to make money from being successful. We are still a selling club, it's just that we are European Champions and no one wants to leave.

They have done far too much arsing about over the stadium issues.  Charging people money to stay on the season ticket waiting list just seems a cynical way of making cash when they don't seem to have any proactive plan to redevelop Anfield and they were fully aware of how many people wanted to watch us. They are not interested in the people who sell their tickets on sites to make money, a lot still seem to go to Thomas Cook. Also taking tickets from away fans who have attended hundreds of aways to give them to corporates is shite. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Horus said:

Apologies to FSG; I feel ashamed at the misinformation I'm spreading about them!

It was an easy mistake to make. A team as small as Brighton with revenues less than 1/3 of ours and profit levels 1/10 the level of ours should really not be able to afford the same level of spending as us pretty much. 

FSG must be proper confused

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Out. After about a decade! 

Indeed.  Five crap/mixed years followed by four good/great ones, nothing wrong with still being undecided on the owners especially when it's entirely possible that Klopp is the glue holding everything together. 

1)Man City are owned by a country for soft power purposes.

2) Liverpool are owned by stats geek's that like to operate "prudently ".

3) Chelsea are owned by a dodgy Russian banned from the country.

4) Spurs are owned are a tax exile who is just as prudent as FSG.

5) Arsenal are owned by some yank that is trolling them.

6) Man Utd are owned by inbreds milking the club for every last can't.

7) Everton are owned by the richest man alive and his richer buddy.

We have waited 30 years for the league so I wouldn't look down my nose at anyone that would turn a blind eye to a bit of Saudi journalist mutilation if meant we signed Mbappe. Personally I wouldn't swap FSG for anyone on that list or for any dodgy state looking to polish their image in the West. They're far from perfect but I guarantee when we look back in 30 years time they will have done a much better job than guys following them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I do wonder what they will do once Klopp leaves because there won't be another manager out there like him who will match up to their ethos.

I reckon they’re grooming young Pepin for just this eventuality.

57 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Dragging their heels over getting Big Game  James signed up - obviously they won't give him a new contract on the same money so he'll be off in the next 12 months.

I think they are absolutely correct regarding Milner. Our midfield is pretty crowded and has a fair amount of quality too. I think Milner needs us just as much as we need him. Short term contract is the only sensible move.

FSG are the luckiest bunch of cunts in football. Bought us for dirt cheap, and are now are making an absolute mint from the club, and they got a genius as manager who is making miracles happen. Give them any other club and another manager, they would be run out of town.

• Upvote 2

They're American capitalists. They're always going to look at investing as little as possible whilst maximising their returns.

I hate American capitalists with a passion but if we are shit this season it won't be down to FSG. I will put the blame down to the shitty international tournaments over the summer causing fatigue with our best players. It's just a tad unlucky that our best players are with successful national sides. 

I think a combo of a CL hangover and the internationals will see us struggle and end up around 4th/5th end of season with a possible League cup or FA cup final. We won't win anything. But next year we'll be right back at it. 

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

They're American capitalists. They're always going to look at investing as little as possible whilst maximising their returns.

I hate American capitalists with a passion but if we are shit this season it won't be down to FSG. I will put the blame down to the shitty international tournaments over the summer causing fatigue with our best players. It's just a tad unlucky that our best players are with successful national sides. 

I think a combo of a CL hangover and the internationals will see us struggle and end up around 4th/5th end of season with a possible League cup or FA cup final. We won't win anything. But next year we'll be right back at it. 

It'll be solely down to FSG. It isn't like the Copa or the ACON weren't known about ahead of time, or that we didn't know Brazil or Senegal would likely go far in the tournament.

45 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Your second paragraph makes no sense. Nearly every top club in the world has had to deal with the same tournaments. They weren't organized on a whim over a bevvy - they have been planned for four years. 

Your third paragraph also makes no sense. If we end up fourth and without honors to boot, say bye to Salah or Mane or another top star. Rebuilding starts again, and we all know how difficult that is...it's all we ever seem to do as a club.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Your third paragraph also makes no sense. If we end up fourth and without honors to boot, say bye to Salah or Mane or another top star. Rebuilding starts again, and we all know how difficult that is...it's all we ever seem to do as a club.

Salah and Mane have become far too expensive and they are approaching their late 20's. No one is going to pay the humongous fee it would take. We're basically in the clear when it comes to the crippling sale of our top players. 

43 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Your second paragraph makes no sense. Nearly every top club in the world has had to deal with the same tournaments. They weren't organized on a whim over a bevvy - they have been planned for four years. 

They get off lightly because of where we were ten years ago. They have progressed us to a point but that has largely coincided with a higher tv deal and having a very good manager. Everyone thinks they are master businessmen because the two previous owners were clueless. 

They don't seem to have any long term proactive strategy for the club apart from being smarter and having a better academy. This suits them because a better academy means less outlay on players and the ability to sell the ones who don't make the grade. They are happy owning the seventh richest club in the world yet refuse point blank to invest their own money.

They will sell us eventually for 7 or 8 times as much as what they bought us for. John Henry thinks that a fucked Adam Lallana should be like a new £25m signing because he played about 4 times last season. All summer we've had the Echo fanboys tell us how great they are and how clever they are in the transfer market.

Apart from a better kit deal and the odd noodle partner we've pretty much earned the maximum we can as a club last season yet the club still operates cautiously with moneyball signings and only spending what we recieve in sales. We haven't even done that this time though. 

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

As long as the Red Sox are alright though, thats the main thing isn't Mr henry?

https://www.ibtimes.com/mlb-payrolls-2019-red-sox-cubs-yankees-lead-league-phillies-not-among-top-opening-day-2780726

225 million on Fucking rounders.

Would you prefer they were the type of owners who didn’t pay top wages?