You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

8 hours ago, Aventus said:

Whatever happened to Everton’s old training ground from before they moved to finch farm?

I trust they donated it to the community, pride and dignity FC would never try to get planning permission to build houses on it would they? They are above that sort of redshite behaviour. 

It got sold to Redrow/Bellway. There's a load of new builds there but nothing got said about that. 

The council have approved a housing estate there, one by the bowling club and one on the site of a school. The area has no train station nearby and has several bus routes going down one road past the Jolly miller.  

This has led to fears that the area is overpopulated which will lead to bigger congestion. Yet Liverpool are the big bad guys for selling off the land when the council has already approved this and three other new housing estates in a one mile radius.

the club are pretty crap at this sort of stuff though. it's like all the shite with concerts and stuff at anfield, they made no engagement with the local community as they just assume everyone will just accept whatever the club wants. and when they don't, the club then reacts. but this is the issue, by then it is too late in terms of good will. i don't know if this is just an fsg thing, i think it has always been the case. the club has little to no respect for it's neighbours in my opinion and makes them an easy target for anything like this. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

the club are pretty crap at this sort of stuff though. it's like all the shite with concerts and stuff at anfield, they made no engagement with the local community as they just assume everyone will just accept whatever the club wants. and when they don't, the club then reacts. but this is the issue, by then it is too late in terms of good will. i don't know if this is just an fsg thing, i think it has always been the case. the club has little to no respect for it's neighbours in my opinion and makes them an easy target for anything like this. 

The community aspect of running a club is definitely one of FSG's biggest failings which is surprising because it wouldn't cost much to improve our image massively.  But having said that, if we were planning to demolish 160 derelict houses in the area and build a Melwood I expect  the fume would be the same.  

40 minutes ago, aws said:

The community aspect of running a club is definitely one of FSG's biggest failings which is surprising because it wouldn't cost much to improve our image massively.  But having said that, if we were planning to demolish 160 derelict houses in the area and build a Melwood I expect  the fume would be the same.  

Most people on here know I am happy to slam FSG. But honestly I don't think they are involved day to day enough to impact this. They're in Boston, they have a couple of people in London and then there's the club run out of Castle Street. We have a CEO who should be in charge of stuff like this and if he doesn't have the budget to have an adequate community programme, he should find it. For me this sits squarly with the people in Liverpool running the club and has since way before FSG were on the scene. Personally I think the issue is a culutre within the club, the CEO needs to fix that. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Most people on here know I am happy to slam FSG. But honestly I don't think they are involved day to day enough to impact this. They're in Boston, they have a couple of people in London and then there's the club run out of Castle Street. We have a CEO who should be in charge of stuff like this and if he doesn't have the budget to have an adequate community programme, he should find it. For me this sits squarly with the people in Liverpool running the club and has since way before FSG were on the scene. Personally I think the issue is a culutre within the club, the CEO needs to fix that. 

I'm sure you're right as this has been going on far too long. I'm just surprised that FSG haven't sorted it because American corporates are usually shit-hot on the public image front (if it doesn't cost much).  

5 minutes ago, aws said:

I'm sure you're right as this has been going on far too long. I'm just surprised that FSG haven't sorted it because American corporates are usually shit-hot on the public image front (if it doesn't cost much).  

They have to be involved day to day to be aware of it. I just don't think they are - and I am fine with that, we shouldn't want the club run out of Boston. The people here should be able to see it - we can. And it is not like there aren't fan groups such as SoS who am I sure would happily help the club improve where they fail if they were asked - I don't mean SoS would fix it, but I mean point them in the direction of where they're failing and what needs improving. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure of the amount of times I've said to people who try to add up net transfer spending to show that we haven't spent much that they are not including costs such as agent fees which can be significant, so I'm going to try and pre-empt that with the figures published for 1st Feb 2019 to 31st Jan 2019, showing that we spent £44m, £17m more than the next highest team.

Reckon a big chunk of that is Coutinho

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6885975/Liverpool-paid-staggering-44million-agents-year.html

24 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Not sure of the amount of times I've said to people who try to add up net transfer spending to show that we haven't spent much that they are not including costs such as agent fees which can be significant, so I'm going to try and pre-empt that with the figures published for 1st Feb 2019 to 31st Jan 2019, showing that we spent £44m, £17m more than the next highest team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6885975/Liverpool-paid-staggering-44million-agents-year.html

Doesn't count. That's free money that doesn't count. Doesn't count. Wages. Don't count. Contract increases. Signing bonuses. Don't count. Just net spend divided up as many times as possible to make everything look shit. That's what counts. 

Yeah, the entire football thing is a total farce. 

17 hours ago, The Woolster said:

I think the positive thing is that we are earning most of what we spend,cup finals,champions league qualification etc and its being used by the manager and staff in the transfer market,or at least that's how it seems to me.

Does anyone actually give a fuck how much they spend so long as we’re competitive and not on the verge of going under? I seem to remember most supporters not wanting a sugar daddy sort of owner. We haven’t got that, we’ve got owners who spend within their means and a manager that seems to be perfectly aligned with that mentality. I’m not sure what more one can really ask of them at this point unless they actually do want us to have an owner that can just hemorrhage money without giving a fuck. I do get annoyed at times with out lack of January movement but again, the manager is on board as far as I’m aware so who am I to bitch about it?

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Does anyone actually give a fuck how much they spend so long as we’re competitive 

Only insofar as how much we spend is directly linked to how competitive we are. It's not everything, it's not the only thing, but it's linked to how well we do. Outside of that. I couldn't give one fuck. I care about how well we do. 

• 2 weeks later...