You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

We've got some serious squad surgery to do in summer.

We have no credible cover at LB.

We need cover (proper cover) at RB

Probably need to upgrade at least 1 of our centre half options behind first 2.

We need better forward cover.

Still a hole for that creative midfielder?

Players who surely will go:

Mignolet

Moreno

Lallana

Sturridge

Origi

Milner - maybe off.

OK some of this will be replaced by youth - but that is still a lot of work to do.

You only have to look at how stretched we are right now to know we need a lot and that is before all that deadwood goes.

Feels like this is another pivotal summer following a tilt at the title - fail to do what is needed and we potentially fall back again.

It feels weird that a squad challenging for the title will need such change.

'It covers a season when Liverpool sold Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona'

'There was a £173million outlay on transfers in the summer of 2018 for Alisson Becker, Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri and those deals aren't covered by this set of figures'

Alright. Cool. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Liverpool moved up two places to seventh in the Deloitte Football Money League.

And now you're gonna believe us,

We're gonna win the money league

Are we now safe from relegation to the KPMG league?

1 hour ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

'It covers a season when Liverpool sold Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona'

'There was a £173million outlay on transfers in the summer of 2018 for Alisson Becker, Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri and those deals aren't covered by this set of figures'

Alright. Cool. 

Less than £30m a season under Klopp. 

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

For fellas that don't know a thing about football they have done ok

What the fuck are you on about, all they have done is build a loft conversion, sign an overrated German gurning champion, sign all our over peak players to such long contract we won't be able to shift them. They have let loads of players run their contracts down and artificially inflate our books with things like CL money and getting massive fees for dross we don't want.

The walls are about to come crashing down on this once great financial institution that is propped up with debt, luck and conspiracy theories.

You mark my words, the tide is about to turn in the city of Liverpool, a team famous for not winning anything of note is about to rise like a Phoenix from the red and blue flames, step forward Tranmere, now is your time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SlugTrail said:

What the fuck are you on about, all they have done is build a loft conversion, sign an overrated German gurning champion, sign all our over peak players to such long contract we won't be able to shift them. They have let loads of players run their contracts down and artificially inflate our books with things like CL money and getting massive fees for dross we don't want.

The walls are about to come crashing down on this once great financial institution that is propped up with debt, luck and conspiracy theories.

You mark my words, the tide is about to turn in the city of Liverpool, a team famous for not winning anything of note is about to rise like a Phoenix from the red and blue flames, step forward Tranmere, now is your time.

Or for the shortened version. "Wat you talkin bout Willis".

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

You tried to qualify this set of accounts by pointing out we’d spent money not covered by this period. 

So I pointed out what we’ve spent under Klopp’s entire reign. 

No, I accounted for the profit. It has nothing to do with what Klopp has had to spend. Which, by the way, is over £400m. Few clubs can boast that over that time. Anyway, this accounting period is skewed by Coutinho. 

Either way, I’m not interested in another net spend argument that pretends he has been living on scraps. My post illustrates the importance of the club making money. It had a knock on effect of how much we can spend on players. Being in the CL helps massively. 

11 minutes ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

No, I accounted for the profit. It has nothing to do with what Klopp has had to spend. Which, by the way, is over £400m. Few clubs can boast that over that time. Anyway, this accounting period is skewed by Coutinho. 

Either way, I’m not interested in another net spend argument that pretends he has been living on scraps.

No it doesn’t. 

No no one has ever tried to claim that, it’s just you deliberately trying to misrepresent what others have said again to try and suit your argument. 

We've spent money under FSG/Klopp, no one has said we haven’t. But it’s mainly been from player sales and it’s never been with the ultimate goal of winning. 

The spending has has always been with a view of top 4 and increasing the value of their investment. Winning is a bonus to them, not their onjective. 

We could have easily spent what FSG have given Klopp under Moores. 

Not really got a side on this but what would it take to convince you they were spending to try and win the Premier league? 

I think any trophy is great for their Asset but how that translates into investment is highly contentious.