You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

It looks like this is on Klopp.  He has little blindspots but to be fair to him they slowly get fixed each season.

I just hope the Clyne and CB decisions don't come back to haunt him and I really hope these decisions were not dictated by the owners.

We have mainly got away with it but I can't wait to see the end of:

Lovren

Matip

Moreno

Lallana

Origi

Sturridge

Mignolet

I can see why we aren't signing anyone yet with that horrific wage bill.

If we can bin that lot, keep the rest and add who we need it could almost be perfect!

Reserve keeper, full back who can play both sides, rabiot, fekir and werner - job done.

25 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The obviously don’t give a fuck about winning, they care about money. 

Winning is a bonus for them, it’s not necessary for them to make money and isn’t their priority. 

I said a while back that success for FSG is to finish in the top four. Beyond that, they're not particularly bothered.

We just posted the highest profit by anyone in the entirety of football history. We've won one trophy in the last 12 seasons. Nuff said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dave u said:

@Johnlj Milner didnt play against Leicester, Hendo was right back. I presume you're thinking of Palace.

No point blaming FSG for the squad or for what happened in January. It's got nothing to do with them, Klopp has full autonomy on that shit. Clyne would not have left without Klopp's say so.

I'm convinced there's something to the Clyne story that isn't public knowledge. I just can't compute why we'd make that decision from a footballing point of view. A bit like Buvac, I suspect we'll never quite know, but I am prepared to believe that it's Klopps decision entirely. And I doubt he's the type to spill the story. 

51 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

No where near as much as he should have if he actually wanted the ultimate goal. 

So this is what I’m saying. We need to be realistic. I think what you want would take a City style investor. These guys are probably the best of their type. Outside of that is City/PSG owners. 

Let's not forget that even after a couple of disappointing results and a worrying dip in form, we are still top of the league in what looks likely to be the most competitive title race (points-wise) in recent history. It's not like we have this one chance because everybody else is restructuring in an off year or the first 11 have surprisingly clicked together, lead by the best forward in the world hitting the top form of his career. We have built the strongest team in decades and even if we don't win it this year, we are not going away.

I expected and hoped we would be in the title race this season, I didn't expect us to be the strongest contender (since late December) in a race at above or around the 95 points mark. This is quite something. And it's because we built that strongest team in decades. Which will be stronger next year. And this is what we want, to be in the mix every year.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

It looks like this is on Klopp.  He has little blindspots but to be fair to him they slowly get fixed each season.

I just hope the Clyne and CB decisions don't come back to haunt him and I really hope these decisions were not dictated by the owners.

We have mainly got away with it but I can't wait to see the end of:

Lovren

Matip

Moreno

Lallana

Origi

Sturridge

Mignolet

I can see why we aren't signing anyone yet with that horrific wage bill.

If we can bin that lot, keep the rest and add who we need it could almost be perfect!

Reserve keeper, full back who can play both sides, rabiot, fekir and werner - job done.

Yup all on Klopp for not pulling money out of his arse. 

If FSG were only in it for money we would not have signed Van Dijk, Alisson or Keita- irrespective of outgoings/hedgefunds/TV deals whatever bollocks- fact is, that was nearly £150m+ on 3 players in the space of a year- they could have told Klopp to get to fuck and come back when he had lowered his expectations and stashed at least half of that.

What they wont do is bankrupt us.     

22 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If FSG were only in it for money we would not have signed Van Dijk, Alisson or Keita- irrespective of outgoings/hedgefunds/TV deals whatever bollocks- fact is, that was nearly £150m+ on 3 players in the space of a year- they could have told Klopp to get to fuck and come back when he had lowered his expectations and stashed at least half of that.

And only happened cause we sold Coutinho. 

It wouldn't be smart business to run the club into the ground and forget completely about premier League money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So this is what I’m saying. We need to be realistic. I think what you want would take a City style investor. These guys are probably the best of their type. Outside of that is City/PSG owners. 

Absolute bollocks.

Net spend under Klopp...£87.4m.

Less than £12.5m per transfer window.

Less than £30m per season.

We'd have been able to spend that under Moores for fucks sake. 

Please stop carrying on with this bullshit that I want some criminal oil state running the club. The owners are making hundreds of millions on their investment and have delivered one league cup.

5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

You don’t think we could have improved on...

Moreno?

Sturridge?

Origi? 

Lallana?

Mignolet?

they offer the grand total of fuck all. They could all have easily been improved onnin Jan. 

Klopp has been here for 3 and a half years and has kept them all. For most of them, their time will run out at this club this summer, but it's disingenuous to suggest they never offered anything or that Klopp doesn't rate them in some capacity. So from that aspect, yeah it's probably pretty difficult in January to find players who are available and who can do better than them.

Like if we want Timo Werner and we think he's our striker of the future, do you think RBL would just let him leave last month? No way. People should know by now Klopp will only buy players he rates for the long haul and won't go for anything short term or minimal upgrades on squad players. Especially on the latter, we've never done that. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Think you need to remember the things Henry said after the Andy Carroll transfer;

"That, he said, will be Liverpool's two-pronged approach to rebuilding the squad, which will be financed only out of its income; he and his fellow investors in Fenway will not be pouring cash in."

So we had the money off Coutinho to spend otherwise we wouldn't of spent.  My question is who is sold next so we can progress? 

We qualified for the Champions League final last season and qualify for it every year now. That's loads of extra revenue. Most of the first 11 is already settled in the long term, but we'll have some decent money to bolster the squad here and there without selling anybody too important as long we keep being in the top 4. 

That's how every club with no sugar daddy or behemoth amounts of revenue operates. 

7 hours ago, dave u said:

@Johnlj Milner didnt play against Leicester, Hendo was right back. I presume you're thinking of Palace.

No point blaming FSG for the squad or for what happened in January. It's got nothing to do with them, Klopp has full autonomy on that shit. Clyne would not have left without Klopp's say so.

Come on Dave, this keeping the squad to the bare minimum has been fsg since the day they walked in and before klopp joined. He's just working within the constraints they lay down. And as klopp said only a few weeks back, our target this year was top 4. We're on course for that so how could klopp justify extra spend? We're not about winning, just simply plodding through the motions for top 4 and if we get anything else by chance, it's a bonus. 

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Since they joined, fsg have never been shy of spending money generated by sales. That's all we did with Alison  and VVD with the Coutinho cash, klopp said himself and said it won't be happening again. It started with torres and babbel out for suarez and Carroll and hasn't ended. Fsg are about 1 thing and 1 thing only, increasing the capital value of the club. Absolutely  nothing else matters. 

9 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Every year we qualify for the final? anyway i'm quite sure my point was that we operate within our means so the spending on virg and Allison was not the norm but because of the fact we sold coutinho! 

No, the Champions League, obviously. Also obviously, it won't be the norm to spend fucking 140m on two players unless we sell someone big. Thought that was common sense and people knew that. Like I said, most of the starting 11 is done, but we'll still have some money for the squad and maybe one big purchase here and there. 

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

I said a while back that success for FSG is to finish in the top four. Beyond that, they're not particularly bothered.

We just posted the highest profit by anyone in the entirety of football history. We've won one trophy in the last 12 seasons. Nuff said.

They made that money by winning a shit load of matches. Winning a league or champions league will add multiples to their investment.