You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

29 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Not really.   If you're starting Lallana and calling on Origi to win games,  then you can't expect to beat anyone. 

We've had to bin the cups off cause there's no point in these players.   So hardly surprising we're dropping points now they're needed in the league. 

If your Starting Robertson, Van Dijk, Alisson, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fabinho Id suggest that should be enough to beat West Ham   

13 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

You need hundreds of millions to improve on Sturridge, Origi, Lallana, Moreno, Mignolet?

Of course not.  

Dont pretend otherwise. 

I think so, yes. How do you get 5 professional footballers for fuck all. Consider how much players cost now. 

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

We don't buy in January because Klopp feels new players will generally not be able to slot in immediately.

Clyne situation has been weird for some time, there must have been something between him and Klopp.

Klopp bought I  January when he's had money.    So god knows where you've plucked that excuse from. 

One of the journos on the payroll perhaps. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think so, yes. How do you get 5 professional footballers for fuck all. Consider how much players cost now. 

Have I said anywhere we should have got all 5 in Jan? 

Or or did I say we’d need to replace them by this summer and should have brought a couple in in Jan to reduce the upheaval in the summer? 

EDIT: And the 5 players for fuck all comment is just pathetic. 

Sick of hearing about injuries to be honest. It's not like we're having to bring in kids is it?

Spurs have had it worse than us but have kept the rig on the road and ground out wins without their two of their front three. I dread to think what we'd be like if we lost two of our forwards.

And West Ham had loads missing last night, including their best player.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dave u said:

Sick of hearing about injuries to be honest. It's not like we're having to bring in kids is it?

Spurs have had it worse than us but have kept the rig on the road and ground out wins without their two of their front three. I dread to think what we'd be like if we lost two of our forwards.

And West Ham had loads missing last night, including their best player.

What's really annoying though is that Spurs have been shit in every one of those ground out wins, and have relied on undeserved late winners because they are a bunch of complete twats.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Klopp bought I  January when he's had money.    So god knows where you've plucked that excuse from. 

One of the journos on the payroll perhaps. 

It's not an excuse, it's an observation based on reading and watching his interviews and press conferences and trying to understand his approach and strategy.   

3 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

What's really annoying though is that Spurs have been shit in every one of those ground out wins, and have relied on undeserved late winners because they are a bunch of complete twats.

This is all true.

There's no way Spurs wouldn't have converted the chance Origi missed at the end.

21 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Have I said anywhere we should have got all 5 in Jan? 

Or or did I say we’d need to replace them by this summer and should have brought a couple in in Jan to reduce the upheaval in the summer? 

EDIT: And the 5 players for fuck all comment is just pathetic. 

You’re retroactively criticising though. I think you’re entire argument is pathetic and unrealistic, and I really only replied because you were patting yourself on the back. Whatever. Getting you to move on a position hasn’t ever happened, so I’ll just leave it there. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You’re retroactively criticising though. I think you’re entire argument is pathetic and unrealistic, and I really not replied because you were patting yourself on the back. Whatever. Getting you to move on a position hasn’t ever happened, so I’ll just leave it there. 

Make your mind up! 

I’ve either consistently criticised the owners for not investing as much as they should have, including this winter. 

Or. 

Im retrospectively criticising them. 

Make your mind up. 

Spurs have lost plenty and City are losing a few.  Everyone gets injuries and we need to keep going.

However, this slow build up reminds me of Rafa.  We had the likes of Arbeloa and Mascherano carrying the ball up the field and we were then faced with a static defence who had time to set up.

We should have blitzed Leicester and West Ham, we need to get back to a 433 and press and counter.  Not for the whole game, as we often carried on pressing even though the game was won.

I dont see the point of a slow build up and relying on wide crosses, we are the masters of fast flowing, devastating, counter atatcking football at pace.  There is no point conserving energy for later if it means we keep dropping points.

i think this is a mini blip and we would have lost those games in the past.  It is time for someone to step up and hit a purple patch and it is probably going to have to be the forwards as our midfield and defence are pretty goal shy.

Get Bobby back as a false 9 and go 433.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

Spurs have lost plenty and City are losing a few.  Everyone gets injuries and we need to keep going.

However, this slow build up reminds me of Rafa.  We had the likes of Arbeloa and Mascherano carrying the ball up the field and we were then faced with a static defence who had time to set up.

We should have blitzed Leicester and West Ham, we need to get back to a 433 and press and counter.  Not for the whole game, as we often carried on pressing even though the game was won.

I dont see the point of a slow build up and relying on wide crosses, we are the masters of fast flowing, devastating, counter atatcking football at pace.  There is no point conserving energy for later if it means we keep dropping points.

i think this is a mini blip and we would have lost those games in the past.  It is time for someone to step up and hit a purple patch and it is probably going to have to be the forwards as our midfield and defence are pretty goal shy.

Get Bobby back as a false 9 and go 433.

Said the same to my lad, go for it then sit. We are better now. Need to find the balance.

Just now, lifetime fan said:

You've consistently said both. 

Chose. 

Goodness, you can be dense sometimes. I’m refuting about it being next summer. That your posts now are retroactive. I’m not saying you didn’t criticise at the time, but it wasn’t retroactive. I’m talking about your criticism now being about something in the past, not the future. 

Bottom line is, I agree we need to replace those players. You’ve complained about them previously and again now. We’ve spent a lot of money and getting replacements for those players will take a lot of money and time for the right players that the manager wants to become available. It doesn’t grow on trees. You sound and have sounded for a long time like a kid in a sweet ships shouting more more more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Rob don’t be a dick mate, no one is looking for perfection. 

What pisses me and others off is seeing the manager and players give 100% and put us in with a shout of a league title win and the owners couldn’t give a fuck. 

You obviously are if you think they don't give a fuck. The club is being run the best it has been in around 30 years. This discussion is about 3 years out of date. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Goodness, you can be dense sometimes. I’m refuting about it being next summer. That your posts now are retroactive. I’m not saying you didn’t criticise at the time, but it wasn’t retroactive. I’m talking about your criticism now being about something in the past, not the future. 

Bottom line is, I agree we need to replace those players. You’ve complained about them previously and again now. We’ve spent a lot of money and getting replacements for those players will take a lot of money and time for the right players that the manager wants to become available. It doesn’t grow on trees. You sound and have sounded for a long time like a kid in a sweet ships shouting more more more. 

Kid in a sweet shop turns round and points out how much he’s actually spent after his refunds. 

19 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

You obviously are if you think they don't give a fuck. The club is being run the best it has been in around 30 years. This discussion is about 3 years out of date. 

The obviously don’t give a fuck about winning, they care about money. 

Winning is a bonus for them, it’s not necessary for them to make money and isn’t their priority.