You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Seriously though, the appointment of Klopp has been key to everything. He’s transformed the club and the owners have bought into it. I trust his decision making, and if we sell a key player I would no longer panic and would trust that Klopp would think it was the right thing to do and make the best of it.

Our revenues recently have been rising at a faster rate than most of our rivals and that will continue if Klopp can bring some trophies. It has to be said that we look a very well run club at the moment.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The article is spot on.  We’ve got a lot whinging cranks who haven’t got a clue following us.  Thankfully it doesn’t seem to have put John Henry or FSG off.

I think that’s a bit unfair mate, as the article states they’ve made mistakes, and some of the shit they’ve received has been justified. I myself have been massively frustrated with them at times, selling good players is going to see some flak heading their way.

I’m happy to hold my hands up though and say that pretty much everything they’ve done over the last four years (sacking Rodgers and replacing him with Klopp, the loft extension, and our recent transfer business) has been spot on.

43 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think that’s a bit unfair mate, as the article states they’ve made mistakes, and some of the shit they’ve received has been justified. I myself have been massively frustrated with them at times, selling good players is going to see some flak heading their way.

I’m happy to hold my hands up though and say that pretty much everything they’ve done over the last four years (sacking Rodgers and replacing him with Klopp, the loft extension, and our recent transfer business) has been spot on.

It wasn’t a dig at people who have worries about them.  I’d be lying if I didn’t have similar grumbles at various points myself.  It was at the people who obsessed over it.  Incessantly tweeting at the owners and staff whinging about things.  If you look in the cold light of day now they’ve had their hand forced every time we’ve sold a big player.  It’s not like they were going to market whoring the players around.  They generally tried to force the players to stay on every occasion.

They said they came here to win and they’ve gone about things very well considering they’re American and won’t have a fucking clue about football.  Fortunately that tended to be more than any of these cranks whinging about them.  We made fuck ups in the transfer market and they learned from it and tried different things and it’s worked out but you will still get people acting like this is just massive piece of luck because they got lucky hiring Klopp which has fixed everything.  Klopp is just an element (a massive one to be fair) and the whole club seems to have been revamped looking from the outside in.  It’s fucking great.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

It wasn’t a dig at people who have worries about them.  I’d be lying if I didn’t have similar grumbles at various points myself.  It was at the people who obsessed over it.  Incessantly tweeting at the owners and staff whinging about things.  If you look in the cold light of day now they’ve had their hand forced every time we’ve sold a big player.  It’s not like they were going to market whoring the players around.  They generally tried to force the players to stay on every occasion.

They said they came here to win and they’ve gone about things very well considering they’re American and won’t have a fucking clue about football.  Fortunately that tended to be more than any of these cranks whinging about them.  We made fuck ups in the transfer market and they learned from it and tried different things and it’s worked out but you will still get people acting like this is just massive piece of luck because they got lucky hiring Klopp which has fixed everything.  Klopp is just an element (a massive one to be fair) and the whole club seems to have been revamped looking from the outside in.  It’s fucking great.

“The harder you work, the luckier you get” Gary Player

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Personally I think you give them way too much credit. They got klopp to sell the new stand when they could barely sell a corporate seat in it because of the damage Rogers and their penny pinching was doing to the club. It just so happens as well as being just about the biggest personality in football, klopp is pretty fucking good at this football management malarkey. FSG lucked out in my opinion, we still sell to buy pretty much - we've just stopped buying overpriced no marks, but the recruitment team hasn't changed, just the fella who has the final say. If/when klopp goes, we'll be as fucked as spurs will be when they lose pochetinno. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The entire organization has been improved in every department, top to bottom. That is not luck - if you don't see that you're blind.

It’s Wom. He fucking hates them. That’ll never change, no matter what happens. More chance of Code calling Quaresma shit. 

Haven't read this thread, and I'm not particularly interested in going over old ground while things are progressing so well now.

FSG have learned and have improved their stewardip under the guidance and influence of Klopp. That's as clear as day to me.

Anything they did pre-Klopp that anyone claims was part of the "project" plan on the football side, is quite frankly deluded.

In fact, I'd go as far as to predict that if they had Klopp in earlier, they'd have made the same mistakes and Klopp would have suffered.

Timing is everything in life.