You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

The most frustrating part is that Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs all have massive weaknesses and/or are inconsistent. Yet the cheerleaders on here like to use each time they drop points as a justification for when we also fuck things up ("See, Chelsea lost to blah blah blah too!"), when in reality we have handicapped ourselves to be part of the pack when we could have strengthened in a couple of areas (and not sold our best player) and walked second at least. 

I too am angry that the commercial team are doing their jobs. Argh! Grrr!

It’s not about that and you know it.

Nobody has a problem with collecting partners, but it’s just a further illustration of what is important to the owners and upper management.

Would be nice if we put so much effort into building a team and squad to compete.

At least we now have a lubricant partner for when we get fucked up the arse by Barcelona or Madrid when salah wants out

What is important, is that they are focusing on generating money, they're leaving the 'football' stuff to the right people. The more money offers the potential to spend on players we would like to recruit. 

And anyone thinking this squad season on season, is not getting stronger, needs to give their head a wobble. 

• Upvote 1

It’s not about that and you know it.

Nobody has a problem with collecting partners, but it’s just a further illustration of what is important to the owners and upper management.

Would be nice if we put so much effort into building a team and squad to compete.

At least we now have a lubricant partner for when we get fucked up the arse by Barcelona or Madrid when salah wants out

The money is going into the club. And once again Jurgen is happy to wait until the summer to make the signing he prefers rather than the someboby anybody mantra you and a few others here keep trotting out.

Is getting at least some of your targets if at all possible (when you need a few) in January possibly more beneficial especially with a shortened pre season due to world cup....

Gives them time to settle, get used to new training methods etc and then be really at it at start of next season - rather than have maybe 3 or 4 players brand new and handling all the settling, gelling issues etc all at the same time at start of new season....

Just maybe to me a way of building that allows the building to be gradual and cause less disruption/be smoother.

Now the dust has settled on the transfer window, I’ve come to two conclusions on the FSG issue. Firstly FSG have a different idea of success from us fans, they operate based on a system of diminishing returns.

The cost of getting us from fourth to first will be far greater than the rewards gained from a financial standpoint, so they are not interested in going down that route. As far as they are concerned the club is operating pretty much at an optimum level financially, a good return for an acceptable investment.   

Secondly, whilst Jurgen Klopp is obviously one the worlds top managers, he’s also a yes man. Either that or he won’t be around much longer.

Just a thought

• Upvote 2

Now the dust has settled on the transfer window, I’ve come to two conclusions on the FSG issue. Firstly FSG have a different idea of success from us fans, they operate based on a system of diminishing returns.

The cost of getting us from fourth to first will be far greater than the rewards gained from a financial standpoint, so they are not interested in going down that route. As far as they are concerned the club is operating pretty much at an optimum level financially, a good return for an acceptable investment.

Secondly, whilst Jurgen Klopp is obviously one the worlds top managers, he’s also a yes man. Either that or he won’t be around much longer.

Just a thought

This is correct

The money is going into the club. And once again Jurgen is happy to wait until the summer to make the signing he prefers rather than the someboby anybody mantra you and a few others here keep trotting out.

Sorry mate. Not sure what mantra you are on about here.

The problem with you is if someone disagrees then they must have the polar opposite view to you and there is no in between?

I pity you if you use this throughout all your life.

So, for the avoidance of doubt:

I have felt the same way about the owners for a long time as I don’t think they create the right environment to win things. The desire to win has to be a stream through the club. That starts with the owners. Other than how they act as owners, I have no other problem with FSG. Moving on to the next level takes bravery and financial backing. They are an extremely wealthy individuals and as a group. They do as little as they need to to protect and grow their investment, nothing more. Winning something would be a bonus, but it’s not what drives them. They are not the worst of owners, but not what we as a club need.

We can only buy players twice per year and everything possible should be done during the 2 transfers windows to improve the squad. Keep your best players and improve the squad and we may get better results.

I don’t want us to “ just buy anyone “ but if your squad has Moreno, Gini, Milner ( as he is getting on now ) Ings, Solanke, I find it difficult to believe that players do not exist that are better than some of our squad. The keeper situation has gone on long enough.

We market ourselves as a “big club” but don’t always act like one.

• Upvote 2

Sorry mate. Not sure what mantra you are on about here.

The problem with you is if someone disagrees then they must have the polar opposite view to you and there is no in between?

I pity you if you use this throughout all your life.

So, for the avoidance of doubt:

I have felt the same way about the owners for a long time as I don’t think they create the right environment to win things. The desire to win has to be a stream through the club. That starts with the owners. Other than how they act as owners, I have no other problem with FSG. Moving on to the next level takes bravery and financial backing. They are an extremely wealthy individuals and as a group. They do as little as they need to to protect and grow their investment, nothing more. Winning something would be a bonus, but it’s not what drives them. They are not the worst of owners, but not what we as a club need.

We can only buy players twice per year and everything possible should be done during the 2 transfers windows to improve the squad. Keep your best players and improve the squad and we may get better results.

I don’t want us to “ just buy anyone “ but if your squad has Moreno, Gini, Milner ( as he is getting on now ) Ings, Solanke, I find it difficult to believe that players do not exist that are better than some of our squad. The keeper situation has gone on long enough.

We market ourselves as a “big club” but don’t always act like one.

Haha. Here we go again with the criticism type shit. It does not wash mate and never has so I would suggest you stop trying to copy your mates. Ive seen loads of people on here be far more critical than me but because they are all anti owners mob it is ok. And I like how you and your mantra keep saying anyone with a different view has a pitiful life. Tell you what buddy my life is fine because I am not on a permanent downer about the club like you and a few others are.

• Downvote 1

Haha. Here we go again with the criticism type shit. It does not wash mate and never has so I would suggest you stop trying to copy your mates. Ive seen loads of people on here be far more critical than me but because they are all anti owners mob it is ok. And I like how you and your mantra keep saying anyone with a different view has a pitiful life. Tell you what buddy my life is fine because I am not on a permanent downer about the club like you and a few others are.

Sorry. You’ve lost me here. I don’t have mates on here. Just an opinion that differs from yours. I don’t criticise anyone for having a different one than me. It’s like arseholes, everyone has one and some talk through theirs.

You’re just a bit of I tit really

• Upvote 2

Bit of forum paranoia creeping in here fella, Try having Code negging the life out of you every time you mention the words Karius and shite in the same post  Mind you they could all just be out to get you !

We all know you are a billy no mates. No need to remind us.

No. I have real mates, not just virtual ones ( I thought I copied off my mates anyway!!!!)

Why not take a break, go and look at some pictures of boobs or something before your ma comes home.

Beaut and whopper

Bit of forum paranoia creeping in here fella, Try having Code negging the life out of you every time you mention the words Karius and shite in the same post  Mind you they could all just be out to get you !

Ha I too have suffered the Code Karius neg.

A Crucial summer Window coming up. This squad needs significant investtment if it has any apirations to win major trophies.

Klopp is also gettng near to the point where trophies as well as forward progress is needed to satisfy the supporters(For the record im delighted to have Klopp).

But the fact that this summer the window is officially open for about 5 weeks mean the transfers are going to have to be a long way towards completed by the time the window opens on july 1st.

We will then have about 3 weeks at the end of the window where we cant buy but the rest of europe can poach our players.

Its crucial, despite it being a world cup year we get our transfer business done early,

Think its was dockers strike that pointed out we were within a whisker of wInning the league, the europa league and a league cup under FSG.

Such fine margins, had we won any of the above it could have acted as a springboard, momentum gathering.

They arent perfect but Im 99% convinced the way this window panned out is because Klopp chose to not settle for 2nd or 3rd choices.

Admirable or foolish.

We'll soon see   

Think its was dockers strike that pointed out we were within a whisker of wInning the league, the europa league and a league cup under FSG.

Such fine margins, had we won any of the above it could have acted as a springboard, momentum gathering.

They arent perfect but Im 99% convinced the way this window panned out is because Klopp chose to not settle for 2nd or 3rd choices.

Admirable or foolish.

We'll soon see   

Maybe we would've won the league if the owners didn't balls up two separate deals in that January transfer window, agreeing on a fee with Basel and then pulling the Delle Alli trick of offering less and haggling over a completely inconsequential amount of money - like they always do. I think it was £11m for a player that's scored 26 goals for us this season. He might've been useful in the run in, or the season after, or the season after that.

Maybe we would've won the Europa if they bought a defender in that January window, so we didn't have to rely on an old as shit Kolo Toure or a team running on fumes. Fine margins though, as you say.

• Upvote 1

I get the impression you are a bit of a tit and your username may be sarcasm based on your inability to believe that not everything owners and management say is entirely the truth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I get the impression you are a bit of a tit and your username may be sarcasm based on your inability to believe that not everything owners and management say is entirely the truth.

I was part of the dockers strike back in 95 lad. Stood on the picket lines in support of my fellow workers who were binned on the whim of some bean counter. You do not seem to know much about trade unionism. Was Fowlers shirt protest sarcasm lad.

I have no way of knowing how good they are really. Klopp says their fantastic. That'll do for me. Not that I take every word he says as golden but sufficient for me to believe they're not the biggest obstacle on our journey towards success.

Pretty much sums up what I feel. My background is not one of spend what you want to achieve what you want. Unless you are of a capitalist view you work hard with the skills and tools you have to achieve all you wnat in life.