You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I'm really disappointed we were beaten by West Brom.  But there's really no way we should be trying to lay this at FSG's door.  It's not FSG's fault that a team of players man to man superior to the opposition in most positions is defeated by said opposition.  Missing a penalty is ridiculous, really.  

If we have no view to sell, why do we put release clauses in players contracts? 

"Release clauses"? Only Suarez had one and that was because he wouldn't have signed a new deal had it not been in there. 

In fact, it's common knowledge that one of the reasons why Emre Can isn't signing a new deal is because we're refusing to give him a release clause. 

I know you don't like FSG, but at least try to make the criticism truthful.

"Release clauses"? Only Suarez had one and that was because he wouldn't have signed a new deal had it not been in there. 

In fact, it's common knowledge that one of the reasons why Emre Can isn't signing a new deal is because we're refusing to give him a release clause. 

I know you don't like FSG, but at least try to make the criticism truthful.

Firmino has one as well doesn't he?

There are no people - it is an Association. Utd checked out that year (that single year) for the good of the Association. At their request. But you remember it right?

And we won it a year later - oh how we celebrated a treble -- and they won it three years later....

Pinch my Mickey Mouse Ears

You don't believe its been devalued? I do and couldn't really give much of a shit about it. My concern is both the performance and the dramatic loss of form which nobody ever saw coming at all with such a strong squad and abundance of quality players.

If you could go back to that moment a couple of years ago when you randomly picked our name out of a hat, would you, in hindsight, have preferred it if you'd drawn Tottenham instead?

I’ve explained many times how it was I came to support LFC and you’re probably aware of it and know what you just wrote is shit.

Finishing below Spurs so consistently speaks volumes about FSG’s ambition and abilities to get us results on the pitch.

It’s no stick, it’s just the clubs results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

From an interview by Klopp with German telly @DAZN_DE

LFC Transfer Room

@LFCTransferRoom

·

9h

Jürgen Klopp: "Of course It's been a bit difficult at the moment with the injuries of Jordan and Adam [Lallana]. The team is growing together but it still needs more input from outside. If a player leaves you have to replace him adequately as a minimum

LFC Transfer Room

LFC Transfer Room

@LFCTransferRoom

Jürgen Klopp: "I’m surprised about the development of fees for a player, but if you really want to have a player you need to pay any price. Normally defenders cost a third of what a striker costs, but Virgil is a special player so it was worth it."

Spot on that, though there is some on here that would characterize it as the rantings of a hysterical fanny.

• Upvote 2

Interesting read.

It was an interesting read, although it’s nothing new and I think dependant on what we do in the summer. As I said many times on the MF, the line in the sand comes in the summer. Either the manager is right and there’s money to spend (and he said that he needs more players from outside) or there isn’t. It’ll be interesting to see.

For me the line in the sand comes in three days time, NV. I'm not prepared to wait until summer. I think we were both on the same page at the beginning of the transfer window where VVD and a goalkeeper in January were the minimum requirements, but diverged somewhere mid transfer window. Still, they have three days. It's not over until Jim White sings.

I thought that this summer given all the talk the echo and club did, hence my position of fsg is fuck them...

I strongly believe that Klopp should have the final say in transfers and I believe that he does. I think it’s his decision to wait for players that he wants to become available at a price he thinks is acceptable. What is inescapable is that we need players, and that he agrees with that. He says the money is there and more. So unless John Henry starts buying players and forcing them on him, I don’t really see how it’s their fault.

If they are restricting money, then it’s their fault. They’ve done plenty enough wrong to warrant antipathy towards them but I don’t think there’s a logical or clear argument to put this on them. I think that’ll be different in the summer.

It was a good article. The tone was measured, which is why it couldn’t reasonably be called hysterical.

No two ways about it though, we need a couple of signings. At the least we need a Coutinho replacement ASAP, and if we don’t finish top four there will be a cloud over the club for letting its most creative player leave mid season. (Obviously you can go further with the signings as we need a top goalie, and one or two others besides, but letting Coutinho go and not signing a replacement seems very poor from the club).

In the meantime we have to respond and stop the two game losing streak from becoming a slump, as we can still have a decent season.

I thought you were ignoring me? Can’t you at least keep a promise?

I’m on my fucking phone Scott, can you answer the question? Who on this forum would call that the rankings of a hysterical fanny? Why are you deflecting? Are you ‘incapable of having a debate without ad hominem’?

I asked you a reasonable question, with no insults. Please, conduct yourself reasonably and answer the question.

The more I read Klopps quotes the more I feel his hands are tied somewhat..

How so? Not sure I can agree. He has r gently said that he has the Countinho money and more, that FSG have never said no to him, and that we will make a lot of transfers in the long term but not this window.

Unless there’s something he has said that I’ve missed, in which case I’ll happily adjust my view.

That Independent article is an opinion piece based entirely on conjecture. One of the usual clowns on here could have written it.

But yeah that said, we shouldn't be making transfer profits in this era of Premier League wealth.

Agreed, we shouldn’t. My issue with it was that the massive fee for Coutinho swings things quite dramatically. If he chooses to spend it next window, that’s no issue. If he’s not allowed to spend, that’s a massive issue.

The ones on Coutinho in the summer and the ones this window all indicate he wants signings but we won't pay ...

That’s why I ask which quotes exactly. I mean, you’ve either seen something I haven’t or you’re coming away from ‘I have the Coutinho money and more’ and ‘FSG have never said no’ quotes with ‘I don’t have the Coutinho money’ and ‘FSG are saying no’. As that would be ludicrous, and as I’ve not seen all of his interviews, I’m figuring it’s got to be the former?