You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

It's not money from the club, that's the bottom line. Who knows and who cares where those dodgy cunts get their money from.

They got it from the ground and will continue to get it from the ground until it's dried up. There are probably only a couple of handful of men in the world who could spend the money City and Chelsea have (for no return other than PR) without going broke. John Henry isn't one of them.

I'm afraid that £142M has already gone, to balance the books after signing Ox, Keita and VVD.

That's the trouble with FSG. They'll never spend their own money, they'll only spend what the club will generate which means we'll always be selling players, even important ones.

You've one problem with this post.  We're not spending what we generate through operations.  We're spending only what we generate through sales.  Period.

They're not balancing the books, mate, they're creaming off huge fucking profits every year as dividends for their fund.  Absolute shocker how we're being nickle and dimed. 

Up until the last set of available accounts, they have never taken out any dividends, so unless you have some inside info, this is bullshit.

• Upvote 3

Have you read the accounts? To my understanding, they aren’t taking any kind of dividend and we’re actually operating on a slight loss. There’s a loan that we’re repaying, but I can’t see anything untoward in that. If I’m missing something, please enlighten me.

Woolster? I’m sending out the bat signal. Are the owners taking the piss out of us and siphoning money out of the club to line their own pockets? I suspect that would be rather big news if it were true.

Not trying to ‘deflect blame’ or ‘defend’ them. Just think we need some basis in reality when we have these conversations.

Bat signal received, just delayed by a couple of days...

Klopp also said we were light on attacking numbers last season so learnt our lesson.  Here we are again with the same numbers again after the Coutinho sale.

Managers talk shit all the time, Klopp is no different.

In the summer we bought 3 attackers in Salah, AOC, and Solanke. We loaned out Origi.

In January we have sold Coutinho.

3 minus 1 is 2, minus 1 that's 1, quick maths!

In the summer we bought 3 attackers in Salah, AOC, and Solanke. We loaned out Origi.

In January we have sold Coutinho.

3 minus 1 is 2, minus 1 that's 1, quick maths!

You won't get through to them. It's not about right or wrong or logic or reason, it's about winning. If we're winning, they're fine and if we are not they're not.

• Downvote 1

Fine with ox and solanke and no coutinho? Who is fine with that?

Nobody. Of course it would be better to have got a replacement in BEFORE we sold him. Of course it would be better to get one now. Thing is, it looks like the manager wants to get a particular somebody, like with VVD and Keita. The argument is really this: Should the owners step in and buy somebody over his head or trust the manager.

No, it's because you were talking poo.

Lots of people have been logical and consistent in their criticism of FSG win, lose or draw (e.g. Barry Wom).  This relates to such things as ticket prices as well as investment in the squad.

'Lots' my arse! Wow has definitely been consistent. I can't argue there.

No, it's because you were talking poo.

Lots of people have been logical and consistent in their criticism of FSG win, lose or draw (e.g. Barry Wom).  This relates to such things as ticket prices as well as investment in the squad. 

Surely the logical thing would be to have a balanced view, to praise them when they do good things, to criticise when they make mistakes, to see that they have invested enough for the club to be successful, to admit that they have made mistakes when it comes to who/how they make those investment decisions, to not peddle lies about them taking money out of the club, and to see the bigger picture in how the competitive environment has changed? 

• Upvote 4

Surely the logical thing would be to have a balanced view, to praise them when they do good things, to criticise when they make mistakes, to see that they have invested enough for the club to be successful, to admit that they have made mistakes when it comes to who/how they make those investment decisions, to not peddle lies about them taking money out of the club, and to see the bigger picture in how the competitive environment has changed? 

I think all of that is contentious, which is why the debate rumbles on.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's reasonable anymore to complain about our recruitment. It's either you believe Klopp has final say on those things or you don't. I know which scenario is more likely and more reasonable to believe. The conspiracy theories and "facts" being peddled on here on that end have no basis in reality most of the time.

But as for ticket prices, I think most people on here have it spot on.

I think all of that is contentious, which is why the debate rumbles on.

I would say that if you think that any of that is contentious, then you are letting bias get in the way of logic. Perhaps the level or effect of each is contentious, and is a matter of opinion, but it seems to me that one 'side' of this arguement is more balanced than the other, but maybe I'm just biased..

• Upvote 1

I would say that if you think that any of that is contentious, then you are letting bias get in the way of logic. Perhaps the level or effect of each is contentious, and is a matter of opinion, but it seems to me that one 'side' of this arguement is more balanced than the other, but maybe I'm just biased..

It's opinion not bias. Some have a different view of "successful". Finishing below Spurs 6 out of 7 years and qualifying for CL 2 out of 7 is not very successful in many people's opinion.

• Upvote 2