You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I'm surprised I have to spell this out for you.

Quite simple ticket prices are extremely high and are no longer such a vital source of income. If the club have excess transfer funds left over say ..... millions from the Coutinho sale which covers the period ending May 31 2018. Instead of improving the balance sheet put it in a pot and retrospectively direct those funds to supporters who purchased tickets in that period.

Maybe you would prefer it improved the balance sheet.

I would rather they put the money to new player purchases at the end of the season.

Dortmund are a middling club?

Compared to Bayern's iron rule, BvB is a middling club. They have been enjoying a great revival over the likes of Schalke, Gladbach, Stuttgart, Leverkusen or total headcase like HSV, but historically more often than not, their place had been amongst the pack. 

I would rather they put the money to new player purchases at the end of the season.

They do get TV money, ticket revenue and other forms of revenue etc every year. This is why I find it odd people get fixated on rolling it over.

If the accounting period ends May 2018 there are plenty of funds from the revenue booked in the next accounting period.

I could even make a case if Coutinho was on 100-150k that alone would from Jan to August would be a saving of 3-4.5 million in wages saved. If the funds are not related to Van Dijk!. That in itself is a sizeable sum to put in the ticket refund pot.

You mean when they went public?

Isnt that what every one is praising them for now - why their tickets are so low and the have been able to build this rabid fanbase? 

All that means is going public is good when the going is good, terrible when the going is bad. Didn't look too clever when they had to accept handouts from Bayern and local government to survive month to month. 

It's obvious you don't know quite enough about BvB to have an intelligent conversation, just your little talking points. That doesn't do anything for me. So thanks, bye. 

I am old enough, and know enough to remember when Gladbach last won anything. I do not however remember Schalke ever winning anything.

We are bringing on Danny Ings and dom Solanke and have 142 million in the bank. Buy some players.

I'm afraid that £142M has already gone, to balance the books after signing Ox, Keita and VVD.

That's the trouble with FSG. They'll never spend their own money, they'll only spend what the club will generate which means we'll always be selling players, even important ones.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid that £142M has already gone, to balance the books after signing Ox, Keita and VVD.

That's the trouble with FSG. They'll never spend their own money, they'll only spend what the club will generate which means we'll always be selling players, even important ones.

They don't spend what the club generates, lets stop that little myth right there.  With the new tv deal and champions league revenue, Liverpool football club shouldn't have to sell to buy.

• Upvote 2

They don't spend what the club generates, lets stop that little myth right there.  With the new tv deal and champions league revenue, Liverpool football club shouldn't have to sell to buy.

I'd classify those items as money the club itself generates. I want Henry, the alleged billionaire, to do what the Sheikh at City and the Oligarch at Chelsea do and spend his own fucking money for once.

I'd classify those items as money the club itself generates. I want Henry, the alleged billionaire, to do what the Sheikh at City and the Oligarch at Chelsea do and spend his own fucking money for once.

Those 2 aren't spending there own money.

What about all the other money the club makes other than just sales, where's that going?

If we can't get them to spend what we earn, good luck getting money out of their own pockets.  They've never done that and been clear from day one, they wouldn't.

It's not money from the club, that's the bottom line. Who knows and who cares where those dodgy cunts get their money from.

So where's the clubs money going cause it isn't on the team and hasn't been for a few years now.  Talk of them investing their own money just gives the dickheads who condone their woeful ownership a stick to run with.

Liverpool football club aren't spending what they earn.  That should be a problem to everyone of us, you know the people who care about that result tonight, unlike our owners in Boston who probably don't even know the score.