You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Or, alternatively, we're about to buy a Coutinho replacement and a new goalkeeper.

No one has a clue. It's like trying to argue climate change based on the weather today.

In my opinion, van Dijk was part of last summer's budget and Keita's not being paid for until next summer, so we have some money to buy. Whether we'll buy a replacement now or wait for summer remains to be seen but I would be surprised if we haven't spent another 80m minimum by the end of January.

Obviously, your opinion is different, but neither of us can prove it one way or the other until the end of next summer. So why not just cool it for a bit and wait and see what happens?

Thank you for reply fair analysis is still think that this money has already been earmarked,Why would you make your team weaker for the most important months of the season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank you for reply fair analysis is still think that this money has already been earmarked,Why would you make your team weaker for the most important months of the season

Because you're making it stronger for the next 5 years?

And get rid of your Tapatalk signature, for goodness sake! No one cares what kind of phone you have!

I think the answer to that question about why would we weaken team is (assuming for a moment he hasn't been sold over Klopp's head) that Klopp clearly has supreme confidence in his ability to get his squad over performing and thinks he can still do the business in the 2nd half of the season without Coutinho.

It is very admirable and a great trait but it is also dead risky...he may be proven to be not only right but also as good as he thinks he is and if he does fair do's to hik.

I can't see it working to be fair - we lose his free kicks which have and would win games...we lose his long range goals in same way and our midfield without him is really short on vision and creativity - The front 3 are better when he was around.

It would be some feat by Klopp to guide this team in the 2nd half of this season minus Coutinho to a top 4 finish and or a trophy given how stiff a task it already was.

We are gonna find out between now and May aren't we.

Because you're making it stronger for the next 5 years?

And get rid of your Tapatalk signature, for goodness sake! No one cares what kind of phone you have!

Are we so what about if we dnt finish 4th or get knocked out of the champions league,would you think that would still be worthwhile .Or sorry about phone clever cunt

I think the answer to that question about why would we weaken team is (assuming for a moment he hasn't been sold over Klopp's head) that Klopp clearly has supreme confidence in his ability to get his squad over performing and thinks he can still do the business in the 2nd half of the season without Coutinho.

It is very admirable and a great trait but it is also dead risky...he may be proven to be not only right but also as good as he thinks he is and if he does fair do's to hik.

I can't see it working to be fair - we lose his free kicks which have and would win games...we lose his long range goals in same way and our midfield without him is really short on vision and creativity - The front 3 are better when he was around.

It would be some feat by Klopp to guide this team in the 2nd half of this season minus Coutinho to a top 4 finish and or a trophy given how stiff a task it already was.

We are gonna find out between now and May aren't we.

Yep.  I think on balance we're already better off, but I'm aware that is not a popular opinion.  If we strengthen further in midfield and/or goalkeeper it will be much better of course.

The fucking deviant cunt is using smilies. His signature is the least of his worries.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Downvote 2

Or, alternatively, we're about to buy a Coutinho replacement and a new goalkeeper.

No one has a clue. It's like trying to argue climate change based on the weather today.

In my opinion, van Dijk was part of last summer's budget and Keita's not being paid for until next summer, so we have some money to buy. Whether we'll buy a replacement now or wait for summer remains to be seen but I would be surprised if we haven't spent another 80m minimum by the end of January.

Obviously, your opinion is different, but neither of us can prove it one way or the other until the end of next summer. So why not just cool it for a bit and wait and see what happens?

Wait until the end of next summer? So how long do we give it until we face the possible fact that we have to sell to buy in order to achieve FSGs ambition to maintain the status quo?

We've sold four major players since they came, certainly our biggest assets at the time, 4 in 7 years. Two have gone in the summer, two in January, make of that what you will.

So say next summer we spend a fair whack, great. Come the following January who's to say we won't sell Mane or Salah? Will people still say "wait and see what happens next summer".

• Upvote 1

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I bet you like United chocolate biscuits, you bastard.

It won't, it's all just politics of the game and journalist are minor players.

When will people stop believing journalists?

Yep. I think on balance we're already better off, but I'm aware that is not a popular opinion. If we strengthen further in midfield and/or goalkeeper it will be much better of course.

That strengthening further and it happening or not is gonna be the acid test of what the clubs real ambition is.

Guest Pistonbroke

I’m just surprised we are still asking the question about the clubs ambition? I think their ambition is clear and it will continue to happen

Top 4 finish, a trophy is a bonus. 

I’m just surprised we are still asking the question about the clubs ambition? I think their ambition is clear and it will continue to happen

I suppose we have to live in hope - once that goes then there is nothing left is there!

Spend this 100m (or at least a good chunk of it) and we know they are having a go. Bank it and we know they aren't interested in having a proper go - lets see.

Guest Pistonbroke

Correct. And it will be so until they sell up

The longer we keep buying players whose sell on value is huge (Salah could easily be next, they were probably banking on Mane) they won't sell up, Coutinho has been a wet dream come true for them. 8.5 million ----->142 million, let that profit sink in. Suarez n all. Keita for the price we are getting him for seems another gamble on making a fortune, bring him on for a few seasons under a better manager before selling for a huge profit. 

Mind you, the VVD signing doesn't fit in with what they usually do, so I hold out a bit of hope things are changing. 

I suppose we have to live in hope - once that goes then there is nothing left is there!

Spend this 100m (or at least a good chunk of it) and we know they are having a go. Bank it and we know they aren't interested in having a proper go - lets see.

I look at it slightly differently.  If we buy the players Klopp wants, that's a good thing.  If the club won't buy them, that's not a good thing.  I remember reading the club deliberately tried to avoid signing VVD.  I didn't believe that, and I'm glad we waited to get the player he wanted.  

I look at it slightly differently. If we buy the players Klopp wants, that's a good thing. If the club won't buy them, that's not a good thing. I remember reading the club deliberately tried to avoid signing VVD. I didn't believe that, and I'm glad we waited to get the player he wanted.

Has to be the players he wants agreed.