You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

No you're wrong.

Another poster suggested that it's not fair to question FSGs ambition to keep our best players because they can't move the club to Spain (I'm paraphrasing). My response that Chelsea and Man City are not in Spain was in reference to Torres and Sterling.

Then you suggested I go and support City, a balanced response not.

You said "But we'll still have these owners, owners who are overseeing a period in the club's history where our best players want to leave every 18-24 months. They're not creating the conditions where these players want to stay and that deserves criticism."

To which I said, half jokingly: That's unfair, they can't move the club to Spain or recruit Messi., implying we can't compete with Barcelona, the club we lost our last 2 best South American players to, in pulling power.

To which you replied with "Chelsea and Man City" -- both propped up by sugardaddies spending billions. Fair enough, you implied "Torres and Sterling" -- one a fading star angling to leave a club that had been drowning in crisis, the other an emerging player angling for a move to a richer and better funded project, using his agent publicly lambasting the club and his manager to get wish -- but you only brought that up waaaay later. 

My jumping to conclusion that you were bitter because FSG can't fund the club like Abu Dhabi funding Man City was completely fair. 

Oh come on.

It's true isn't it? If they have spent that money already then I genuinely didn't know.

However, if they haven't spent that money yet then it's not appropriate to include it in evaluating their current spend. What if he's our only major singing in the summer at £54m but we bring in £50m in various sales?

You said "But we'll still have these owners, owners who are overseeing a period in the club's history where our best players want to leave every 18-24 months. They're not creating the conditions where these players want to stay and that deserves criticism."

To which I said, half jokingly: That's unfair, they can't move the club to Spain or recruit Messi., implying we can't compete with Barcelona, the club we lost our last 2 best South American players to, in pulling power.

To which you replied with Chelsea and Man City -- both propped up by sugardaddies spending billions. Fair enough, you implied Torres and Sterling -- one a fading star angling to leave a club that had been drowning in crisis, the other an emerging player angling for a move to a richer and better funded project, using his agent publicly lambasting the club and his manager to get wish -- but you only brought that up waaaay later.

My jumping to conclusion that you were bitter because FSG can't fund the club like Abu Dhabi funding Man City was completely fair.

Eh? Either I'm reading your rather muddled post incorrectly or you're getting me mixed up with someone else (moof or mook perhaps?), I never said half the stuff you just said I did!

The point is we've not only lost our best players to sunnier climes, Chelsea and Man City were a clear reference to Torres and Sterling, and not a suggestion that I think we should spend like them and that I want to support clubs like that.

Oxlade is and was the “replacement “ in my opinion.

Klopp will rebalance the midfield and we will buy nobody else this January

Hope I’m wrong but just my opinion.

it doesn't matter if you're wrong or right, as long as we're a better team overall than before.

Oxlade is and was the “replacement “ in my opinion.

Klopp will rebalance the midfield and we will buy nobody else this January

Hope I’m wrong but just my opinion.

I hope you're wrong as well...Ox is a good player with his own qualities but he is no replacement for Coutinho, neither is Lallana.

If we've allowed Coutinho to go now without having a genuine replacement in mind then that is plain stupidity..too big a gamble to take with the race for Champions League places as tight as it is.

Van Dijk and Keita were paid for by this Coutinho deal basically, and all talk of a warchest last summer was bollocks.

You are basing that on the fact that we have yet to spend the fee we get for Coutinho?

Despite the fact we haven't sold him yet.

Can someone do some maths over say last 2 yrs of transfers fees revived fees paid and say income we should have to reinvest of say commercial deals and tv then we might k is if we are you g to spend that fee or us it already gone on keita and van dyke. I think the latter if that is true then what have we become sell g your best player mid season top 4 chance and still in champs league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can someone do some maths over say last 2 yrs of transfers fees received fees paid and say income we should have to reinvest off say commercial deals and tv then we might know if we are going to spend that fee or is it already gone on keita and van dyke. I think the latter if that is true then what have we become .selling your best player mid season top 4 chance and still in champs league watch the freefall now

Can someone do some maths over say last 2 yrs of transfers fees revived fees paid and say income we should have to reinvest of say commercial deals and tv then we might k is if we are you g to spend that fee or us it already gone on keita and van dyke. I think the latter if that is true then what have we become sell g your best player mid season top 4 chance and still in champs league

Acquire a reasonable level of grammar and punctuation and I may just teach you mathematics. 

Can't speak about net spend. But last time I checked in the last 10 years we had made more money from player sales than any other team in Europe.

Van Dijk and Keita were paid for by this Coutinho deal basically, and all talk of a warchest last summer was bollocks.

Or, alternatively, we're about to buy a Coutinho replacement and a new goalkeeper.

No one has a clue. It's like trying to argue climate change based on the weather today.

In my opinion, van Dijk was part of last summer's budget and Keita's not being paid for until next summer, so we have some money to buy. Whether we'll buy a replacement now or wait for summer remains to be seen but I would be surprised if we haven't spent another 80m minimum by the end of January.

Obviously, your opinion is different, but neither of us can prove it one way or the other until the end of next summer. So why not just cool it for a bit and wait and see what happens?