You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Anti FSG crowd spot on once again.

Yeah, fucking in quick aren't they. It's like they've got their own whatsapp group and have assembled en masse. BOYS! IT'S COMPLAINING TIME!!!!!

Tell you what, if we go out and sign Lemar and a quality keeper, it's going to take some creative maths to pin the last two windows on the coutinho money.

Is Chelsea in Spain? Is Man City?

Aren't Chelsea pricking about losing Hazard to Real Madrid?

It's also not news FSG ain't an energy emirate funding a PR project. If sugar daddies are what you're after, why don't you support Manchester City? Their football is sexy, they'll win everything. I won't begrudge you switching. 

Yeah, fucking in quick aren't they. It's like they've got their own whatsapp group and have assembled en masse. BOYS! IT'S COMPLAINING TIME!!!!!

Tell you what, if we go out and sign Lemar and a quality keeper, it's going to take some creative maths to pin the last two windows on the coutinho money.

It's a big IF though.

Because he was the longest serving player in the starting XI. Can was captain for a spell last night and he’s fucking off to Juve.

Different circumstances. I'm talking about an article that said Klopp has wanted Coutinho out for months. We all know Coutinho has pulled some stunts but that doesn't mean Klopp didn't want him to stay to help us finish the season in good style.

Klopp appears to have wanted Can to stay and the lad has not been disruptive so no reason to fall out with him.

It's a big IF though.

It's an IF. I'm not sure how big it is. They've never not invested the money before. I guess it's crunch time and we will see over the next few weeks. I'll be as pissed as anybody if we don't reinvest some money. I don't even care if half of it is VVD. I care that we get a replacement and a keeper.

To be fair if they go out and spend a big lump of the coutinho money then fair do's - the criticism should stop.

My gut feeling is they won't and VVD, Oxlade and Keita pretty much equals Coutinho £££'s and that was the plan from the off going back to the summer.

• Upvote 1

It's an IF. I'm not sure how big it is. They've never not invested the money before. I guess it's crunch time and we will see over the next few weeks. I'll be as pissed as anybody if we don't reinvest some money. I don't even care if half of it is VVD. I care that we get a replacement and a keeper.

If we spend the money on a keeper and attacker, then I am totally happy with FSGs approach. However if they try to spin the VVD and Keita transfers, then they are making cunts of all the fans.

·

24m

“I wasn’t manager when Suarez was sold, I wasn’t manager when Sterling was sold. I’m manager now, and we’re not selling Coutinho.”

- Jurgen Klopp on September 8, 2017.

Well, that’s proof if ever I’ve seen it. Surely he’ll resign now.

• Upvote 1

If sugar daddies are what you're after, why don't you support Manchester City? Their football is sexy, they'll win everything. I won't begrudge you switching.

Priceless. Can't express concerns about the club's ambition without being told to go and support Man City! Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

If we spend the money on a keeper and attacker, then I am totally happy with FSGs approach. However if they try to spin the VVD and Keita transfers, then they are making cunts of all the fans.

That's why I say it's crunch time. Those who were saying we weren't signing anybody last summer (before we signed both Keita and Chamberland for a combined 100m, after spending out on Robertson and Salah), and then said the VVD was made up to placate idiot fans, then said VVD and Keita were just the Coutinho money. IF that's the case then I've got as much problem as anybody. IF it's not the case, then those peddling the above lines will look a touch foolish.

We just have to wait. We will know soon enough. If the owners don't have ambition, we really need to be pressuring them more. If not, perhaps the relentless negativity about everything ell the time might slow down a bit?

So was it Klopps decision or not?

I don't know, I'd be surprised if any manager would want to sell such a crucial player at such a crucial time. And I certainly wouldn't blindly accept an article that says it was only Klopp's decision.

That's why I say it's crunch time. Those who were saying we weren't signing anybody last summer (before we signed both Keita and Chamberland for a combined 100m, after spending out on Robertson and Salah), and then said the VVD was made up to placate idiot fans, then said VVD and Keita were just the Coutinho money. IF that's the case then I've got as much problem as anybody. IF it's not the case, then those peddling the above lines will look a touch foolish.

We just have to wait. We will know soon enough. If the owners don't have ambition, we really need to be pressuring them more. If not, perhaps the relentless negativity about everything ell the time might slow down a bit?

We haven't spent the money for Keita yet, he's still a RBL player.

·

24m

“I wasn’t manager when Suarez was sold, I wasn’t manager when Sterling was sold. I’m manager now, and we’re not selling Coutinho.”

- Jurgen Klopp on September 8, 2017.

"The only thing I can say about this is that in life everything is about timing – whichever club asks early enough. Maybe everybody has a price – in the right moment."

Jurgen Klopp on August 11, 2017.

It's January 6th. There are 25 days left in the transfer window. 

Well, you were complaining our spending ain't matching City, no?

No you're wrong.

Another poster suggested that it's not fair to question FSGs ambition to keep our best players because they can't move the club to Spain (I'm paraphrasing). My response that Chelsea and Man City are not in Spain was in reference to Torres and Sterling.

Then you suggested I go and support City, a balanced response not.