You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Has anyone really believed FSG had a model that would bring us success on the pitch ?

Been obvious to me for years that their refusal to pay market rates for proven quality players and to be so heavily focused on sell-on values was part of the profile of venture capitalists only interested in a medium term strategy to stabilise the business, strengthen its balance sheet and flip it on for a healthy profit, I have no doubt they cast very envious eyes at the Arsenal model and the enormous cash cow they became, The Mancs now, much as I despise them, are prepared to spend a fortune on established players to win titles , They see that as the way to add value to their brand and rake in the cash. Much more appetite for speculation and risk than FSG. My great fear is we will just end up with a similar set of accountants running the club .  

• Upvote 1

They have to go this season or we're done. It's so obvious we're on the last legs of our journey to nowheresville. If one cup in 7 years doesn't do it for you, I don't know what the fuck it would take. Constant lies and bullshit, no spend and we're falling away into Villa territory. Fuck those who defend them and say careful what you wish for. This is shit. They are shit. Get fucking rid. 

• Upvote 4

FSG net spend on players in seven years - £163.985m

Average per year - £23.426m

You can find out what we spend on transfers from our annual accounts, we don't have the last 4 windows of spending yet, but the accounts show a significantly higher number than this.

Never trust a football journalist when they are talking about finances unless they have a track record of knowing what they are talking about.

You can find out what we spend on transfers from our annual accounts, we don't have the last 4 windows of spending yet, but the accounts show a significantly higher number than this.

Never trust a football journalist when they are talking about finances unless they have a track record of knowing what they are talking about.

So we dont have the numbers for the mostly positive net spend windows.

Wonder why the numbers are higher?

They have to go this season or we're done. It's so obvious we're on the last legs of our journey to nowheresville. If one cup in 7 years doesn't do it for you, I don't know what the fuck it would take. Constant lies and bullshit, no spend and we're falling away into Villa territory. Fuck those who defend them and say careful what you wish for. This is shit. They are shit. Get fucking rid.

While I am in no way defending FSG,you do have to be very careful what you wish for. While Arab owners,for example, may splash the cash going through managers like socks and attendance cost rocketing are the price we will have to pay,both literally and figuratively.

They arent proving to be all that but its a strange phenomenon when we are saying as fans "they have to go" or "get rid" when talking about the actual owners  like they are an underperforming left back.

They may well have to go, but it will be on their terms whether we like it or not 

They arent proving to be all that but its a strange phenomenon when we are saying as fans "they have to go" or "get rid" when talking about the actual owners  like they are an underperforming left back.

They may well have to go, but it will be on their terms whether we like it or not 

the problem is Dave they are going nowhere, new tv deal being negotiated, trying to secure a bigger stake of the overseas deal, not really investing in the squad. all this and its only a minority of fans that are asking for them to go.

the problem is Dave they are going nowhere, new tv deal being negotiated, trying to secure a bigger stake of the overseas deal, not really investing in the squad. all this and its only a minority of fans that are asking for them to go.

I dont disagree at all, its just the terminology used is weird.

We cant "get rid" if we so choose- they are the owners.  

The fact of the matter is that they are absolute failures when it comes to what we as fans care about.

They are overseeing the clubs worst period of on the pitch performance since the 50's.

The sick part of it is that they are making a fucking fortune whilst doing so.

• Upvote 6

So we dont have the numbers for the mostly positive net spend windows.

Wonder why the numbers are higher?

Not yet, but it was only 1 (maybe) positive window, one just gone we still spent a decent amount I think.

The number is higher probably because of things like add ons, agent fees and maybe signing on fees too.

Klopp's honeymoon period is over, as far as the players are concerned. Next summer first team players will start to leave.

This is not exactly a bad thing. We need some sort of turnover. Stability is only good if the team is successful/good enough or if the manager is untouchable a la Alex Ferguson. Not the case at Liverpool.

They have sucked the life-force out of me and most of the fans that I know. I go into season after season just expecting virtually nothing to change even though you know that if we pushed the boat out slightly and showed a bit of ambition we could challenge. Yet each season we sit round with our thumbs up our arsed our rivals get further away from us and the teams below us gain momentum.

We are a laughing stock amongst most other fans. Shouldn't bother me but the fact that we still go on about how great we were years ago but just tread water and watch everything pass us by annoys me.

Yet we still have to pay top whack for tickets, more than the Mancs who actually win stuff. You have to scramble around to get tickets off other people because they won't expand the ground due to it not being financially worthwhile for them. But normal fans just get ignored. You've got two generations of fans - ones who used to go years ago but can't be arsed with the price or the hassle of tickets so just go and watch it in the pub and the younger generation who will never get to go regularly. Say what you want about Everton but they want to get the younger kids watching their team.

• Upvote 7

This is not exactly a bad thing. We need some sort of turnover. Stability is only good if the team is successful/good enough or if the manager is untouchable a la Alex Ferguson. Not the case at Liverpool.

It's a very bad thing when your best players start to jump ship.

When you add our inability to replace them, it doesn't even bear thinking about.

How much higher mate - can you make them not shit? Please!?

I posted it earlier in this thread, but on my phone so not searching for it, but a bit over £200m over 5 years. We then had I reckon a roughly flat window last summer, and then this year a I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I'd guess avg of mid 30s

• Upvote 1

It's a very bad thing when your best players start to jump ship.

When you add our inability to replace them, it doesn't even bear thinking about.

We've won nothing with our very best players. Selling them isn't a disastrous situation, like say losing Lewandowski on a free after he leads you to a title and wins the golden boot.