You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

May as well go in here as anywhere.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-new-50m-training-complex-13588364

Liverpool's plans for a new £50m joint training complex for its first team and Academy were granted outline planning permission tonight.

The proposed development will expand on the current Academy site in Kirkby and see Liverpool leave their historic training base at Melwood in West Derby, their home since the 1950s.

Knowsley council’s planning committee granted outline approval for the construction of a new combined training centre, redeveloping of the current Academy and converting the 'front pitch' at Kirkby into an indoor, covered pitch.

As part of a deal to secure land required for the development, community playing fields at Simonswood Lane will also be redeveloped by the football club.

Liverpool have already submitted a planning application to build 160 family homes on the Melwood site.

Peter Moore, Liverpool's chief executive officer, said: “Today’s approval by KMBC (Knowsley) is another step on the journey in achieving our vision to bring our first team players and young players together on one site.

“We have received positive feedback from local residents and business on our proposals during the public consultation earlier this year and we thank them for their continued support.

“As part of the planning process, we will now submit more detail on the scheme to KMBC before we have the certainty that we need to progress with the redevelopment of the site."

The enclosed geography of Melwood made it impossible to expand there so architects KSS - the firm behind the new Main Stand at Anfield - drew up proposals for expansion at Kirkby.

Liverpool are acquiring 14 acres of the Simonswood Lane comunity playing fields adjacent to the Academy - bringing the total site up to 60 acres - with the Reds in return providing five new and improved football pitches and sports facilities in the area.

Knowsley’s cabinet member for regeneration and economic development, Cllr Graham Morgan, said: “The council and LFC have worked closely with the local community throughout the planning process and we are pleased the plans have received such an overwhelmingly positive response.

mainimage.jpg
Liverpool's planned new training facility in Kirkby, with the current Aacdemy building in the distance

"I’m also delighted that the local community and sports clubs in Kirkby will benefit from the scheme with much-improved football pitches and sports facilities at Simonswood Lane.

“It is a great vote of confidence in Knowsley that an organisation of Liverpool Football Club’s stature wants to expand its facilities in the borough.”

It is hoped work on the project could start early next year and be completed by the summer of 2019 with the Reds' first-team squad making the switch to Kirkby for pre-season training ahead of the 2019/20 season.

May as well go in here as anywhere.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-new-50m-training-complex-13588364

Liverpool's plans for a new £50m joint training complex for its first team and Academy were granted outline planning permission tonight...

£50m???

That seems a fucking huge amount. I wonder what they're counting in that.

I'm sure there might be a marginal gain in having all the players on one site but not convinced it is £50m important.

I live not far from Melwood and there will be a scrap over those 160 houses as well , as the traffic up Mill Lane to the Jolly Miller is ridiculous after somebody agreeing a shit load of new houses on the Holly Lodge site and across the road.

• Upvote 1

Them Chinese kids had better get a wriggle on.

Indeed, I always ask when buying clothing if they were made by poor children in foreign countries in sweat shop conditions for a pittance of pay, if not, I don't buy them.

Similarly in Boots, " was this aftershave tested on rabbits madam "

" no sir "

" well you can keep it my good woman "

Hrrrrrhffff

• Upvote 1

Fella in work went to the new club shop yesterday to buy the new home kit for his son. He was told that there were no new deliveries of the kit until October. Given that we've got 2 home games this week the club will lose out on a lot of revenue. He ended up buying the kit on Amazon instead.

Mikes shop was only round the corner

featured-mike-ashley-254540152.jpg

Indeed, I always ask when buying clothing if they were made by poor children in foreign countries in sweat shop conditions for a pittance of pay, if not, I don't buy them.

" no sir "

Hrrrrrhffff

Is right. If it's not good enough for a rabbit, it's not good enough for me.

" no sir "

Hrrrrrhffff

They're often tested on pigs.

We have finished behind Spurs every year of their stewardship save 1 despite having having a significant advantage in revenue over the same period.

They are not shit owners compared to many but they are shit at getting results on the pitch and always will be. We will win nothing of significance as long as they own this club.

• Upvote 5

We have finished behind Spurs every year of their stewardship save 1 despite having having a significant advantage in revenue over the same period.

They are not shit owners compared to many but they are shit at getting results on the pitch and always will be. We will win nothing of significance as long as they own this club.

Record levels of turnover and our asset value are the only two figures that matter to them.

• Upvote 1

Their real skill is in the nuance of their communications. Allowing the Coutinho saga to rule the summer airwaves, conveniently ignoring Can imminently walking on a free, and that absolutely nothing of any merit was added to the defence (with Clyne out, Milner and Klavan's tired legs a year older, we're worse off than last year). All crowned off with a customary late failed bid for the type of player they have neither means nor appetite to buy (for Lemar, see: Draxler, Willian, Mkhitaryan, Costa, Teixeira), to keep the masses hopeful. FSG out-Kenriwght Bill Kenwright.

Any journalist who still peddles their shit and calls themselves a fan of the club should be ashamed.

They are actually pretty clever aren't they...they are presiding over the least succesful period in our history since the 50's yet stand to make an enormous amount of money from their ownership and from presiding over that least succesful period for 50 odd years.

That's pretty much it, they've focused on improving every area of the business apart from it's core business. Very much a case of FSG being the ownership equivalence of...

The-David-Moyes-mural-at-Taffs-Tavern-in

• Upvote 1