You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I think 6 goals in 12 appearances, including 2 against Everton and 1 against United, makes its own case.

Ah, I remember the 'Fuck off, speedy!' chants with venom. Then he signed for us and scored those goals (especially when Rushie couldnt score against united) and we all loved him!

Then I think Souey came in and fucked him off not realising Speedy had become an almost crowd favourite! Those were the days!

Ah, I remember the 'Fuck off, speedy!' chants with venom. Then he signed for us and scored those goals (especially when Rushie couldnt score against united) and we all loved him!

Then I think Souey came in and fucked him off not realising Speedy had become an almost crowd favourite! Those were the days!

True story from Melwood (courtesy of Molby); Souness called everyone into a big circle at the start of training, and said "today, we're practicing drop balls; first it'll be me and Speedie" Speedie marched into the center of the ring and Souness gave him one of his Rangers-esque-nearlytakeyourfuckinglegoff challenges, left him crumpled in a heap on the floor and then said "training has finished for today, go and get changed and get yourselves home" 

• Upvote 1

It was the goal against Man U that sealed Speedie's credentials.

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Apologies, out of rep- that was bloody great.

Barnes Barnes Barnes. I havent got rose tinted glasses- he was incredible. I havent seen a player display that kind of natural skill in the modern game.

(check out Neil Webb playing for utd- back when they were making the sort of signings we've been guilty of past few years)  

I read somewhere that Kenny had wanted David Speedie for ages and had tried to sign him, on more than occasion, before he eventually got him. Speedie had fallen out with Souness years before, when he made his debut for Scotland. From memory, Souness had a pop at Speedie for not passing to him and Speedie told him to fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Apologies, out of rep- that was bloody great.

Barnes Barnes Barnes. I havent got rose tinted glasses- he was incredible. I havent seen a player display that kind of natural skill in the modern game.

(check out Neil Webb playing for utd- back when they were making the sort of signings we've been guilty of past few years)  

Neil Webb is \ was a postman unless he's now retired!

Neil Webb is \ was a postman unless he's now retired!

He became a postman and was featured in the Observer Sport Supplement in a "Where Are They Now?" feature and is currently working for a transport company. He is also a regular guest on Talksport.

He also worked with The Score Television Network in Canada as their English football correspondent for their "Sportsworld" and "Footy Show" programs. He was on every Sunday, giving his opinion on the happenings of the Premier League and the world of football.

It will really bother me if we don't sign Lemar because they think he's too expensive. The player wants to go, Monaco have given a price and FSG will have 120-150m in the accounts in about a year's time. I don't get the reticence, sanction the damn deal.

I don't give a fuck about van Dijk. That deal was screwed months ago and the lack of alternatives is mostly down to Klopp.

Done enough to keep the fans off their backs. Which amounts to a pretty underwhelming summer.

Salah - top class

Robertson - back up left back

Solanke - young punt

Chamberlain - average utility player

Pretty sad that that's become enough. It is better than quite a few windows we've had under them tbf.

It's an alright window really. Salah was a great buy, Solanke very shrewd for the fee, Chamberlain will prove himself to be a good player and Keita was a great deal for next season. The lack of a centre back has fucked us though.

Agree with all of that.

Keita is huge, as is not bringing in a centre half.