You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

After getting plenty of stick recently I think this summer shows them to be decent owners.

They let us spend, plus let the manager spend on who he wants as opposed to players being forced on him.

Not sure they do much wrong really but they seem to get plenty of hate.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guest Super Sub

I don't think they are bad owners. I have said it once and I will say it again if we had these owners 5 or 6 years ago when we were getting CL football each year then people would be singing there praises. The fact is now the club cannot complete financially with city and co. Now unless your looking at a sugar daddy owner who will bank roll success then fsg are as good as you will get, and I think they are genuine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

If Parry and Moores were still here I doubt we'd have a new stand being built and buying 20-30 million players. FSG are in it for the money - no doubt. But they are clueless when it comes to the day to day. If they were even slightly tuned in we'd be in a much better position given the investment in players over the last 5 years.

In summary: not huge cunts, but clueless cunts

• Upvote 2

Every year they've massively backed the manager in the transfer market. Players that were sold wanted to go, they weren't ruthlessly sold for profit- Suarez, Mascherano, Torres and now Sterling all wanted to jump ship and we got good money for all of them, setting transfer records in the process. I don't believe they would have forced the sale of any of them.

The biggest flaw I could level at them would be how they handle/approach staff appointments, manager included but on occasions they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

• Upvote 2

I have nothing against FSG, but dave, saying they are letting the manager spend good money on the players he wants. that should be a fucking given.

Rodgers has stated on a few occasions that he has final say on all transfers, if he doesnt want them then he says no..

they make money available, but £20-£30m every year when our earnings have been increasing by more than that every year is no something to pat them on the back for, even Moores gave us £20m a year and that was 10 years ago.

• Upvote 2

Every year they've massively backed the manager in the transfer market. Players that were sold wanted to go, they weren't ruthlessly sold for profit- Suarez, Mascherano, Torres and now Sterling all wanted to jump ship and we got good money for all of them, setting transfer records in the process. I don't believe they would have forced the sale of any of them.

The biggest flaw I could level at them would be how they handle/approach staff appointments, manager included but on occasions they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think the issue is why they want to jump ship, i understand going to Barca, but to chelski and city, thats when you need to ask questions.

We will never win the league again with these owners, If that makes them good or bad depends on what your expectations are and if its reasonable to expect us to win the lottery with new owners, These boys will never spend what it takes, 

• Upvote 2

That's pretty much my view of them.

The trouble with LFC, apparently, is we spunk too much money on dross and we don't spend enough to compete.  I can't claim any insider knowledge, but I'd be surprised if the owners really leaned on the manager to say "don't buy those good players, buy these wank ones for the same price".

They're doing alright.  If we're not competing for the title, it's because football has become shit.

• Upvote 1

I cant get me head around the fact there's no foreign owner with spunkloads of cash itching to buy this club. Seriously, what silly cunt would pump three quarters of a billion quid into manchester city to date? They're competing with united for fucks sake, they're always going to be second to them. some guy in the far east is itching to buy Milan for nearly the same amount. If I was fucking rich, Id by a bentley, rolls or some other super car, I wouldnt buy a fucking clapped out ford and spend thousands doing it up. Its like the football gods have decided we should spend years in the wilderness for bossing football for 30 years.

If Parry and Moores were still here I doubt we'd have a new stand being built and buying 20-30 million players. FSG are in it for the money - no doubt. But they are clueless when it comes to the day to day. If they were even slightly tuned in we'd be in a much better position given the investment in players over the last 5 years.

In summary: not huge cunts, but clueless cunts

Considering the money in the game now I don't think they invest any more of their own money than Moores did at all. The spending in the main is funded by commercial deals and transfer fees in. Moores could have continued to own the club with similar levels of investment if him and Parry weren't so clueless.

As long as they're making cash they're not arsed how we do on the pitch as they'll be long gone before our "name" is worth nothing. Their transfer philosophy is also a load of bollocks, the better players will just keep fucking off preventing us from ever putting together a really good team. And most people at the club aren't really qualified for their role, deliberately, so that they won't challenge moneybollocks.

Apart from that I love them.

• Upvote 11

Agree with that.

Their biggest flaw is the amateur hour way in which they hire and fire. Bloggers as PR directors, ayre and Rodgers being kept on despite repeated failures. Even giving apparent credence to the thoughts and opinions of so called ITK. Who gives a fuck.

They should have employed proven talent in every field and let them run with it.

I've never thought they were asset strippers like G&H were, but I don't think for one minute they've ever understood what they've got on their hands. Theu remind me of a Japanese businessman who catches an episode of Coronation Street and decides to buy what he sees as a traditional British boozer, goes in there like a big kid and cakes the walls in princess Diana crockery and deer heads, then wonders why nobody comes in for a pint.

• Upvote 2

As long as they're making cash they're not arsed how we do on the pitch as they'll be long gone before our "name" is worth nothing. Their transfer philosophy is also a load of bollocks, the better players will just keep fucking off preventing us from ever putting together a really good team. And most people at the club aren't really qualified for their role, deliberately, so that they won't challenge moneybollocks.

Apart from that I love them.

This all day long.

I don't even think they're making cash - nobody buys a football team to make money. We were haemorrhaging it when they took over, and they've had to cover that with loans. I reckon they've quickly become disillusioned with football, that FFP didn't bite sooner and that their plans haven't reflected on the field success. If they want to make any return on their investment it needs to be longer term, and even that's a gamble.

I bought into the whole trimming of the wage bill and the like, because of the money we were losing, but we've probably spent more in transfer and agents fees in the mean time, and limited the pool of players / managers we can go after, severely hampering our chances of avoiding being cemented in the doldrums of 5th-7th.

I think they're well meaning, but that they trip themselves up by believing they're smarter than football. I've made the analogy before, but they're like a fella who buys a classic car, then proceeds to try and restore it himself with cheaper components, only to end up paying double to have someone rectify his mistakes.

• Upvote 2

This as long as they're making cash just doesnt sit with me. They have a successful sports 'franchise' and all yanks love a winner. I dont think theyre in any game just to come second (or in our case 6th!).

I genuinely think they want to try and do things 'smarter' and not just throw shitloads of money they dont have at the club.

That word again 'if' we had won the title the season before last, would people really be saying theyre happy just to make cash?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1