You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy to let Gomez make his mistakes at LFC?

neilpoole2005

Alisson had the chance to rectify earlier errors that put him under pressure

None of VVD,Henderson or Alisson came out of it well

But so be it, you'll get punished for overplaying at times, better than just belting it long each time. No harm done in the end

Alisson had the chance to rectify earlier errors that put him under pressure

None of VVD,Henderson or Alisson came out of it well

But so be it, you'll get punished for overplaying at times, better than just belting it long each time. No harm done in the end

Yes,we will concede these types of goals due to how Alisson plays and its something you have to expect and account for. It was a case of very poor decision making and something that will only raise its head very occasionally(we hope!)

I have seen Gomez getting some criticism for not making a passing angle for the goal we conceded on the weekend.

I mean, he really doesn't have much chance to do so does he.

He's even pointing to tell Alisson to go long.

I don't think Gomez can take any blame for that goal, it's all on Alisson, surely.

6a1f681ccb0fd78d8cdf580f1c2ecaf1.gif

No, he should be in the exact right position for Allison to play a one-touch pass seconds after shaking off a challenge on the halfway line.  He should also be perfectly happy as a centre half to receive a pass direct to feet while facing the goal deep in his own half.  That's what good defenders do... especially when the net is empty!

I was washing the dishes before and 3 words had me laughing and shaking my head hours after I first read them.

Slow. Ponderous. VVD.

This place.

*shakes head*

I’m referring to that particular situation re: Becker fuck-up. Not speaking generally. For whatever reason he got that whole sequence of his play wrong.

I was doing the dishes thinking “75 million. 75 million.”

I was worried about his height to play centre half in the premier league.. but only just read that he’s 6’2” - same height as Sol Campbell and John Terry, and taller than Carra and Ricardo Carvalho. He’s also quicker than all of them bar perhaps Sol. He’s probably better than all of them on the ball. If he keeps progressing and lucks out with injuries, I reckon we’ll have ourselves some player.

What I like is he's learning when he makes a mistake, rather than losing his head and going full Lovren.

He got drawn wide whilst TAA was up the pitch, got too close to Moura, and was skinned. Moura was getting increasingly confident. When the opportunity arose, he makes a tackle that takes the ball and leaves enough on Moura to knock him back into his shell. From that moment on I don't remember him being under much pressure.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Said it before im delighted to be wrong on this,

Didn't see anything as a fullback that made me think he would be as good as he could. That block away at Leicester is as good as you will see in Europe this year. 

Not the composure, the pace or the ability on the ball? I don’t think anyone could have expected a 21 year old to settle into the centre half position at a top club so relatively smoothly. However, there wasn’t any doubt about his attributes equipping him for the position, in my view. It was more about how he coped with the pressure and lack of experience. For the former, he’s got himself to thank and for the latter, look who’s stood next to him.