You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy to let Gomez make his mistakes at LFC?

neilpoole2005

No,no,no!

I want him benched until England go out or to pick up a niggly injury that keeps him out. He will be ripped to pieces when he is part of another England WC shambles,or at best they do a par for the course Quarter Final job.

True! I don’t really want our players associated with that shambles and the players are usually on a hiding to nothing when they put in tepid displays and come home with their tail between their legs. If it’s more of that again, hopefully he won’t be involved.

Everyone sees his future in the middle. The only question is when? I can half understand the argument that says wait until we have someone better for him to partner with, so he can be eased into the position, as mistakes there usually have harsh consequences. If we sign VVD in January I would start him with Gomez right away. VVD can be vocal and Gomez will come on leaps and bounds, you would think.

If we don’t sign VVD? I would still be tempted to play Gomez in the middle due to the paucity of options there. But then again I can understand not wanting to put him in there just yet, as he might get egg on his face due to being partnered with someone who is not all that, so it might be best to keep him where he is as he’s coming along nicely.

I want the future and I want it now! VVD in January. Stick Gomez alongside and don’t look back. Matip and Lovren to be back ups, or to come in if Klopp goes back three on occasion.

I'd sign a CB in January and keep him at right back. I don't think he's worse there than Clyne and he's starting to build a nice rhythm at the position. His improvement has been stark since the beginning of the season. Wouldn't be wise to suddenly shift him back to the centre.

No Gomez is a real talent. To good to be wasted at fullback. As someone said earlier he was playing very well before his injury. Without the injury he'd be well in place at CB. He would have been a regular there this season had Clyne been available. I hope we get Van Dyke to play alongside him. They could be there for years.

No Gomez is a real talent. To good to be wasted at fullback. As someone said earlier he was playing very well before his injury. Without the injury he'd be well in place at CB. He would have been a regular there this season had Clyne been available. I hope we get Van Dyke to play alongside him. They could be there for years.

Obviously he'll be a CB eventually. I wouldn't play him there this season, though. I'm not sure why you'd take him away from a position he's really getting to grips with right now. 

Obviously he'll be a CB eventually. I wouldn't play him there this season, though. I'm not sure why you'd take him away from a position he's really getting to grips with right now. 

I think the main reason is the people think he would be better at CB.  I'm not sure he's fab at right back just yet either, really.  I can't wait to see him at CB.

He looks like a centre back playing full back.   All of his strenghts are defensive ones and that's not use to a side that needs to break down teams more often than not.   Anything that takes Lovren out of the side is a plus too.

Abidal wasn’t great on the ball yet he was a regular for an all conquering Barca side under Pep. Gomez also isnt worse going forward than Clyne. Did he not get an assist on Sunday?

Abidal wasn’t great on the ball yet he was a regular for an all conquering Barca side under Pep. Gomez also isnt worse going forward than Clyne. Did he not get an assist on Sunday?

You must have been watching the game on flashscore if you thought that goal had anything to do with Gomez.

As for Abidal, he's an exception under Guardiola, most of his full backs aren't even above average defenders.  The man has even started playing midfielders there of late.