You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Henderson has only ever shown promise as a pressing attacking midfielder who breaks into the box. He was not only promising in that role under Rodgers - he was outstanding.

And yet, we will never see him play that role again in a Liverpool shirt.

So please can we fucking get rid.

"Outstanding" Jordan Henderson... lol

Listen, I'm no fan of Henderson as captain. But the big fucking problem is that our team is completely void of leaders.

There simply are no alternatives that are significantly better as far as I'm concerned.

Agree,completely.

Its almost as if the role of captain is deemed not as important as simply having a well balanced and strong team.We still have neither of those options.

We can slag off "Hendo" as much as we like but unfortunately there is only one person responsible for keeping the arm band on him, for putting him on the pitch and for not replacing him when it was/is glaringly obvious he should have been replaced in the summer.

So I guess while he is still here and on the pitch you just have to support and get behind him.....

I still love you Klopp though baby...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

An incredibly shite footballer and not only one of the the worst captain's we've ever had but I can't understand how he actually got the job.

But it is Klopp's fault for continuing to pick him, the likes of him and Lallana should have been well binned in the summer.

• Upvote 2

Agree,completely.

Its almost as if the role of captain is deemed not as important as simply having a well balanced and strong team.We still have neither of those options.

I quite agree mate,Hendo just has'nt got it at all.Milner is the only one I could think of to do the captains job,and he is totally wasted at left back,Sturridge's first goal last night is proof of that.The midfield to me is way below par and it is there that games are won and lost usually.There is no bite,no attitude,no arrogance,they are to fucking fancy for me.

An incredibly shite footballer and not only one of the the worst captain's we've ever had but I can't understand how he actually got the job.

But it is Klopp's fault for continuing to pick him, the likes of him and Lallana should have been well binned in the summer.

Lallana actually does the job he's supposed to do though, granted he's a show pony that does meaningless Cruyff turns, but he keeps the ball and presses the opposition well.

Henderson is just shite. He has no positional awareness, he's shit scared to stick a foot in and tackle and then he looks round to blame others when he fucks up. He's a shithouse. Milner should be captain.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lallana actually does the job he's supposed to do though, granted he's a show pony that does meaningless Cruyff turns, but he keeps the ball and presses the opposition well.

Henderson is just shite. He has no positional awareness, he's shit scared to stick a foot in and tackle and then he looks round to blame others when he fucks up. He's a shithouse. Milner should be captain.

I'd say that Henderson is at least no better or worse than Lallana. Lallana is somebody who falls into the Coutinho,Firmino,Mane similar type role and is worse than the other three.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-no-11805622

Jurgen Klopp has delivered a robust defence of Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson.

The Reds midfielder has been a target of criticism from a section of supporters in the early stages of this season but Klopp insists he isn't concerned about his form.

The manager is convinced that Henderson will shine this term as he looks to put an injury ravaged 2015/16 campaign firmly behind him.

The manager is convinced that Henderson will shine this term as he looks to put an injury ravaged 2015/16 campaign firmly behind him.

“I have no doubt,” Klopp said.

“I see him every day in training so if I was doubting him then he would not be here.

“It's quite easy. I like this player and he is very important for this club 100%. There is absolutely no doubt.”

• Upvote 1

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-no-11805622

Jurgen Klopp has delivered a robust defence of Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson.

The Reds midfielder has been a target of criticism from a section of supporters in the early stages of this season but Klopp insists he isn't concerned about his form.

“I have no doubt,” Klopp said.

“I see him every day in training so if I was doubting him then he would not be here.

“It's quite easy. I like this player and he is very important for this club 100%. There is absolutely no doubt.”

200.gif

• Upvote 2

I get that his form has not been what it should be, but there is a lot more to Henderson than what we see on the pitch each week. He is a model professional by all accounts and in the day of modern professionals taking 6 figure salaries per week, his work ethic is what it should be. His performances will improve as will that of this squad as the season progresses. 

Some of you cunts could learn a thing or two from Hendo. #Hendo2016/2017.

• Upvote 2

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)