You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Some people are too harsh on Hendo. He'll never be a blood and thunder captain like Gerrard but he's a good player, useful to have in the squad. 2 seasons ago he was absolutely immense. Not sure whether that was because of the Suarez stardust but his performances were excellent for much of 13-14. He's been injured for most of this season which isn't his fault so he's never got any rhythm going. And Klopp clearly trusts him as he picks him over Allen every time. I don't think he's going anywhere, any time soon.

"Absolutely immense"

Milner makes Henderson easily replaceable. 

Milner gives us the exact same energy and about the same amount of end product as Henderson would. He's also more intelligent, versatile and experienced  than Henderson.

We only need one water carrier in midfield and Milner is the one.

Both Milner and Henderson are replaceable,thats the problem and the decision on who stays or goes will not just be for footballing reasons. Isnt there a thread that says we are paying Milner 135k a week? His performances have been decent recently but fuck me,thats ridiculous,if anywhere near accurate.

Milner's wages include his signing on fee though. It's akin to if we'd bought him for £8m and paid him about 90kpw, which is probably about right for an international at his age brought in to add experience.

As for him replacing Henderson, he does well when the occasion calls for it, but I feel his age is already catching up with him. Some games you can just see his body is a split second behind his instincts.

Both Milner and Henderson are replaceable,thats the problem and the decision on who stays or goes will not just be for footballing reasons. Isnt there a thread that says we are paying Milner 135k a week? His performances have been decent recently but fuck me,thats ridiculous,if anywhere near accurate.

165k on here. Daily mail said him and sturridge were top earners on 140

Milner's wages include his signing on fee though. It's akin to if we'd bought him for £8m and paid him about 90kpw, which is probably about right for an international at his age brought in to add experience.

As for him replacing Henderson, he does well when the occasion calls for it, but I feel his age is already catching up with him. Some games you can just see his body is a split second behind his instincts.

I'd agree with this but I think Henderson's recent injury record may lead to a few 'economic' conversations.

• 1 month later...

Been watching this fucking England rubbish tonight, and I'm of the conclusion that if Henderson remains as our captain next season then I will fucking cry.

He does fuck all !

Bounces around like a wondrous likkle puppy dog and does precisely fuck all.

He loves to play a good old first time back pass, without ever seeing if there's a more positive option available.

The back of his jersey should read, " Tim Nice But Dim".

He should be below Can, Milner, Allen, maybe Lucas, and maybe even Kev Stewart in our midfield pecking order. Thank fuck we've got Grujic and, hopefully, Dahoud coming in to offer something.

• Upvote 3

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)