You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I have a question for people who rate Henderson:

What does he actually do to help this team as a starting midfielder? Is it that he runs a lot, that he gives you a few goals/assists? What do people like about him?

I like the fact he is better than most of the other fuckers stealing wages

That attitude carries others. As the Spanish phrase has it, Suárez is contagious. The impact on the team has been enormous, beyond the goals. “His arrival has strengthened them,” Simeone said. “I haven’t got a bad thing to say about him. He’s complete: he can turn with his back to goal, arrive from deeper, score from mid-distance, head it, take free-kicks. I love not only the way he plays but his intensity and voracity. He gives a touch of ‘vertigo’ to their attack that they didn’t have before.”

That's the difference he's made for Barcelona, ffs. That year, he was all the difference for us.

• Upvote 1

As much as I don't rate him as captain I think he's a good player and when played to press properly makes all the difference. The one that stands out to this day is when we were playing (I think) Zenit in the Europa in Rodgers first season. All I remember is we needed a few goals and his pressing upfield was absolutely perfect, he made such an impact that they just couldn't get out whatsoever and we got 2. Then the master tactician took him off and it all just went to shit. I remember thinking then we had a right player on our hands.

• Upvote 1

Its ok having a go at henderson but once the game starts, there should be 11 'captains' on the pitch.

Im more concerned that too many of our players dont or cant seem to win 50 . 50 tackles. How many times did you see our players challenge for a ball with a city player and loose the ball? our stance is all wrong, we frequently go flying past the man with the ball then they're away.

I appreciate Klopp may not have had time to coach them but Im sick of seeing milner, firmino, lallana, coutinho, can, clyne etc all go flying past the man with the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

thought he played well today. had to put out a lot of fires which he did until we were run ragged after they scored.

his game is about getting beyond the forwards. he needs someone to do the majority of the dirty work for him and let him attack. he ll still get through a mountain of work in midfield but we re not seeing any of him getting into tje box because hes doing everything else.

Klopp has said that Milner was due to take the 5th penalty. Be that as it may, Henderson didn't impose himself on the match at all. It didn't help that the front 3 were all below par, but both Milner and Can had much better games than Henderson against City today.

I wish he would just do the sensible thing and hand Lucas the captaincy. He's trying his best to fit into the role but it just all seems unnatural. And, I don't think it's doing his game any favours either. Would be best for him to just hand it over rather than the manager taking it off him, which I don't actually see happening and would hardly be ideal anyway.

• Upvote 1

While it's disappointing our captain didn't feel up to taking a penalty, I'd rather we gave them to players that did anyway. It's not working out for him at the moment and losing the captaincy might be what he needs, but he's obviously not going to lose it this season. That would be absolutely nuts.

Not that I think the captaincy means much anywhere. There's not many leaders in the English game. Seems to go more to the senior player or one that shouts the most.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)