You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Hendo better not play at the Euros. We need him getting fit for next season and having a lovely rest. I want Trent dropped for someone as well. Sit back and watch all the Chelsea, United and City lads go out heroically in the quarters or semis and be wrecked come next season.

Ideally Virgil the same but getting competitive gametime might not be the worst thing in the world for him. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hendo better not play at the Euros. We need him getting fit for next season and having a lovely rest. I want Trent dropped for someone as well. Sit back and watch all the Chelsea, United and City lads go out heroically in the quarters or semis and be wrecked come next season.

Ideally Virgil the same but getting competitive gametime might not be the worst thing in the world for him. 

Bang on, Ronnie.

5 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

It's quite unreal isn't it, we lose all three first team centre backs to season ending injuries, then our two midfielders that are capable of playing there get fucked too, with one of them possibly being out for the season.

Its pretty obvious what needs to be done here, we need to stop playing centre backs, there's clearly some sort of voodoo going on and honestly playing centre halfs doesnt seem to have stopped us shipping goals anyway. 

All jokes aside I expect Milner will be playing there soon enough and will probably require a hip replacement soon after.

Spinal Tap have more luck with drummers. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Of course he'll play the euros. I don't know why you think he wouldn't. The only way he doesn't play is if he's not fit. The players live for these tournament. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

That injury came because of him playing out of position imo.

He gets the ball in centre back position and rather play a pass into midfield he wants to drive and try to affect the game and make a play forward himself, he then ends up quickening to a sprint to get past their player and twang!

Very frustrating.

Football analytic professionals are in awe of your assessment, I’m sure, sir.

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course he'll play the euros. I don't know why you think he wouldn't. The only way he doesn't play is if he's not fit. The players live for these tournament. 

If he misses 12 weeks, it will be touch and go for him because he will need to get match fit. Having said that, he will want to play and Southgate will probably have him in the squad regardless.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

If he misses 12 weeks, it will be touch and go for him because he will need to get match fit. Having said that, he will want to play and Southgate will probably have him in the squad regardless.

it seems to me this process of getting match fit seems much different these days. once they've been in full training for a week, i think they're pretty much classed as ready to go on anything of that length of injury Henderson has. Jota only joined full training yesterday, but providing there's no set backs, i would be amazed if he's not on the bench at the weekend for instance. So he could be back for Istanbul yet. 

I am allowing myself hope here and thinking of henderson and vvd in a team at the CL final. fucks sake. it is the hope that kills you. 

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

it seems to me this process of getting match fit seems much different these days. once they've been in full training for a week, i think they're pretty much classed as ready to go on anything of that length of injury Henderson has. Jota only joined full training yesterday, but providing there's no set backs, i would be amazed if he's not on the bench at the weekend for instance. So he could be back for Istanbul yet. 

I am allowing myself hope here and thinking of henderson and vvd in a team at the CL final. fucks sake. it is the hope that kills you. 

Yeah it would be such a shame if Hendo misses the rest of the season but them plays in the Euros. Still, I know it means so much to him and Virgil so you couldn't begrudge it to them.

If we could make the final and I suppose far stranger things have happened it would be pretty incredible having the band back together. Imagine us winning the champions league after all the shit of this season. It might even top winning the league last year, as it would be a beautiful finale to the most horrible of seasons.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah it would be such a shame if Hendo misses the rest of the season but them plays in the Euros. Still, I know it means so much to him and Virgil so you couldn't begrudge it to them.

If we could make the final and I suppose far stranger things have happened it would be pretty incredible having the band back together. Imagine us winning the champions league after all the shit of this season. It might even top winning the league last year, as it would be a beautiful finale to the most horrible of seasons.

Yeah, I don't know how we get there, but who knows, not that I'm trying to jinx this rbl tie, but we already have 1 foot in the quarters. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)