You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

He was dreadful and the other two were just as bad. A big club simply can't carry three players with fuck all technical ability, three average as fuck runners. Leicester had a better footballer in there ffs.

I'm certain Klopp realises this or he wouldn't have spent £100m there in the summer. So hopefully we won't have to witness such a woeful midfield for too many more games.

We won.

I'd have to see it again but I thought it was his shit pass to VVD that saw the shit pass back to Alisson which saw the shit Cruyff turn which saw the goal.

I said it in the match thread.  He passed the ball twice to players (I think it was Gomez then VVD) who had Leicester players around them putting them in trouble instantly leading up to the goal because he shit himself as usual when closed down.

I'd have to see it again but I thought it was his shit pass to VVD that saw the shit pass back to Alisson which saw the shit Cruyff turn which saw the goal.

Out of that whole sequence, who wasn’t shit? Nobody. Total cost about 200 million quid.

The pass to Gomez was awful, and the defender did very well to control it, evade the Leicester attacker and play it back to Henderson, which was his only viable option. Henderson then had no option but to play it back to Van Dijk first time. That was a much better pass and the correct call in that instance. Van Dijk's pass back to Alisson was wayward and goalkeeper had to reach for it. He still had ample space and time to clear it upfield and let us reset our positions, but tried to be too clever and got caught out (he got caught out vs Glenn Murray last weekend too but nothing came of that one).

Going back to the original pass back to Gomez, Henderson was being closed down but could still either have played the ball 'round the corner' to a teammate to push us forward, or hold the ball and draw a free kick. Both option could have eased the pressure Leicester were putting us under. Instead he did what he always does when he feels a bit of heat, by getting rid of the ball quickly regardless of whether his teammates are in a tricky situation or not.

He put both his centre halves in the shit in about 10 seconds there. He is supposed to be club captain and take responsiblity.

Ive noticed it before but when he is under pressure with the ball, he will put get rid of it quick and put someone else in the shit instead of dealing with the situation properly.

Id guess he is also well aware his position is under threat and that as well as his cameo appearances before today are making him make silly decisions.

• Upvote 1

I thought Klopp was right to bring him back for this but Christ he was terrible today. His inability to receive a ball from the centre half and turn and face the play is embarrassing at this level. He’s panic stricken and drills the ball either right back to where it came or out to the side without looking whose there. The amount of times their midfield had the ball with him going nowhere near them was criminal for a position we’ve had greats gracing us down the years.

Says it all that as soon as he went off and gini returned to the middle of the 3, we seemed to settle down and have a bit of composure in our play and seen the game out. We’d have lost that if he’d have stayed on.

Get shut of him and Lalanna in January and let these beauts do each other’s hair on someone else’s watch.

He put both his centre halves in the shit in about 10 seconds there. He is supposed to be club captain and take responsiblity.

Ive noticed it before but when he is under pressure with the ball, he will put get rid of it quick and put someone else in the shit instead of dealing with the situation properly.

Id guess he is also well aware his position is under threat and that as well as his cameo appearances before today are making him make silly decisions.

This has been a problem with him for a couple of years at least. He looks backwards and points backwards when he or one of his teammates is under a little bit of pressure. It's weird because he was doing it for England in one of the World Cup matches and then he started playing it forwards for the rest of the match. Someone must have spoken to him in that match.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)