You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

He really does lack quality in those situations. The shit at the end was horrific. His crossing has gone to shite as well. Other than that though he did have a good game. He is playing as a defensive midfielder and of late has been doing it just fine. You don’t see him giving shit free kicks away around the edge of the box. I know it was only Everton but I would be happy to see him and Milner in a midfield 2 again.

It wasn't a great shot but the ball was too close to him. Needed to get it out of his feet and he ended up rushing his shot.

He played well yesterday; he is just becoming a scapegoat for any indifferent result we get.

I agree,but I do think his injury problems have severely fucked him up. He used to be pacey but is slow as hell. I think Klopp can see his lack of pace so is selecting him deeper to compensate for this.

He hasn't matured into a good enough player for us. Squad player? Yeah ok maybe but not ma starter and certainly not a captain. He offers nothing other than a few sideways passes and an extra body in the centre. The Sevilla collapse was the final straw for me. Get Van Dijk in, give him the arm-band and either drop or cash in on Henderson. I think we could get 25 million for him maybe more. Replace him and Can with Goretzka and Keita please.

I went to the Derby, first game I'd been to since 2011. Watching on TV doesn't give you the same feel as being at the game. I have to say that it was clear that everytime Henderson picked the ball up in the centre of the park everything slowed down.

Everton gave him enough space to take 3 or 4 touches and time and time again he didn't do anything with the ball. The frustration of the crowd was noticeable and he got stick all game but I could see why. On the telly you just don't get the full picture. I think the team has outgrown him it's sad and he'll be a good squad player but he's just not good enough to be in the middle of the park for us.

• Upvote 1

I went to the Derby, first game I'd been to since 2011. Watching on TV doesn't give you the same feel as being at the game. I have to say that it was clear that everytime Henderson picked the ball up in the centre of the park everything slowed down.

Everton gave him enough space to take 3 or 4 touches and time and time again he didn't do anything with the ball. The frustration of the crowd was noticeable and he got stick all game but I could see why. On the telly you just don't get the full picture. I think the team has outgrown him it's sad and he'll be a good squad player but he's just not good enough to be in the middle of the park for us.

When he plays he trys to take control but does not have the skill, nous or power to break teams down. It's like watching someone trying to shatter a perspex screen.

I rest my case

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111858-the-merseyside-derby-h-dec-11/?p=4952967

When he plays he trys to take control but does not have the skill, nous or power to break teams down. It's like watching someone trying to shatter a perspex screen.

Actually a really good description of what I saw on Sunday.

An elite player would take one touch, max, know where they were going to put it and then play the ball. Hendo doesn't. Yes, he's been known to play some good first time diagonals but if the first time pass isn't there then he struggles.

Fed up with this cunt now. I used to rate him in the 2013-14 season. He’s just regressed. Or maybe it’s the personnel around him. The system. Fuck knows. He’s just doing my head in now

He's always been shit, that's what it is. He was shit when we signed him and, bar one season, he's been shit ever since. Never been good enough.

• Upvote 1

He's always been shit, that's what it is. He was shit when we signed him and, bar one season, he's been shit ever since. Never been good enough.

I think you're being a bit over the top there mate. The lad ain't shit, his biggest problem is that over the last 12-18 months, quite a few of the players in the squad have progressed and upped their game, he's stayed still, looked stagnant, plateaued, call it what you will - he hasn't improved, and thats not from a point of being shit.

Having said all that, has he really had competition from an up and down Can and Wijnaldum to push him to progress?

The test for Henderson will be next season when he has a direct challenger in Keita. 

I think you're being a bit over the top there mate. The lad ain't shit, his biggest problem is that over the last 12-18 months, quite a few of the players in the squad have progressed and upped their game, he's stayed still, looked stagnant, plateaued, call it what you will - he hasn't improved, and thats not from a point of being shit.

Having said all that, has he really had competition from an up and down Can and Wijnaldum to push him to progress?

The test for Henderson will be next season when he has a direct challenger in Keita.

Keita is not his challenger mate, Henderson isn't in the same league.

• Upvote 1

Keita is not his challenger mate, Henderson isn't in the same league.

That may be so, though if it pushes Henderson to up his game, then we all win. 

I get that people see that Henderson isn't as naturally gifted as some of those around him and can slow play up at times, christ, I reckon I screamed loudest at him after that terrible effort in the last couple of minutes on Sunday, but, there is a solid 90 minutes in the lad, he just has to realise it and up his game. I'd go as far to say Henderson will play a part in this, as well as next seasons campaign, he just has to up his game if he wants to be part of it.

For me, it is in him to do that and this is coming from someone who most definitely isn't his biggest fan, truth be known our entire trident of ineptitude in the middle of the park in Henderson, Can and Wijaldum, all need to have a word with themselves as this Keita lad is more than likely ahead of all of them. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)