You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

It's the game management side that is showing up his shortcomings. As I said in another thread yesterday, when we need some snidey Lex Luthor shithousery, we get the earnestness of Clark Kent instead.

Yep.

Said it plenty of times before.

He’s the sort of lad you don’t mind your daughter bringing home. He’s not what you want as a footballer, let alone Captain of LFC though!

• Upvote 1

I know that there are lies,damn lies,and then there are statistics.On newsnow yesterday someone put up games in 2017,Hendo had 22 games at cm,and we let in 34 goals,Chan or Lucas same number of games,let in 19.Whether its true or not I don't know,just thought I'd post it.

I know that there are lies,damn lies,and then there are statistics.On newsnow yesterday someone put up games in 2017,Hendo had 22 games at cm,and we let in 34 goals,Chan or Lucas same number of games,let in 19.Whether its true or not I don't know,just thought I'd post it.

As an attacking midfielder he isn't much better than Lucas.

As a defensive midfielder Lucas absolutely pastes him.

I think the wrong one went to Lazio.

• Upvote 1

There was a moment yesterday, 1st half, which perfectly summed Henderson up for me.

A great, patient move had worked a perfect shooting opportunity right on the edge of the Chelsea box, the ball needed to be hit 1st time but it was right there just begging to be lashed in. Henderson approaches, addresses the ball and...takes a touch and rolls it out to Gomez on the overlap.

I said to my brother, these moments and chances present themselves but before you know it, that moment has gone. Suarez was an absolute master at recognising that moment and grasping the nettle, taking the chance, capitalising.

It's not so much that Jordy doesn't recognise these opportunities when they present themselves (although that would be bad enough), conversely I believe he DOES recognise them, but he is simply too much of a bottling coward to even accept the responsibility and to have a go.

An absolute coward of a player and a disgrace to the armband.

• Upvote 4

Honestly thought these stats from yesterdays game was someone joking about...  But they arent.  

Key passes: 0

Tackles won: 0

Interceptions: 0

Clearances: 0

Aerial duels won: 0

Fouls committed: 2

Against Sevilla 

Passing Accuracy: 55%

Take-Ons: 0 

Tackles Won: 0

Aerial Duels Won: 0 

Fouls: 5 

Bookings: 1

Honestly we need to get rid.  

• Upvote 1

There was a goal earlier in the season where henderson was clean through but passed it to Salah? for a tap in.

Everyone was saying how unselfish he was but he passed because he was shit scared of missing, you could almost see the relief on his face.

Now I am not knocking him for the assist as it was the correct thing to do but it does sum him up, he'd sooner let someone else take responsibility which defies every rule of being a leader.

• Upvote 2

I don't like to single out one player but I am convinced that a hell of a lot of the stick that the centre backs have had this year is down to the midfield.You watch when we lose the ball there is no defensive shape at all,Hendo running around like a lunatic chasing shadows.Play him on the right or something.Surely we have someone who has the ability to anchor the midfield when we lose the ball.

Honestly thought these stats from yesterdays game was someone joking about... But they arent.

Key passes: 0

Tackles won: 0

Interceptions: 0

Clearances: 0

Aerial duels won: 0

Fouls committed: 2

Against Sevilla

Passing Accuracy: 55%

Take-Ons: 0

Tackles Won: 0

Aerial Duels Won: 0

Fouls: 5

Bookings: 1

Honestly we need to get rid.

Our 'captain'

Fucking hell.

• Upvote 1

I don't like to single out one player but I am convinced that a hell of a lot of the stick that the centre backs have had this year is down to the midfield.You watch when we lose the ball there is no defensive shape at all,Hendo running around like a lunatic chasing shadows.Play him on the right or something.Surely we have someone who has the ability to anchor the midfield when we lose the ball.

It is actually quite funny but when we put men behind the ball and try and soak up pressure we actually leave loads of space.

We just can't do it...Chelsea were finding space and gaps all over the place last 20 mins yesterday and it all stems from players being absolutely clueless when it comes to defensive nous.

You see it all the time - even terrible teams can stick men behind the ball and close up gaps, deny space and frustrate.

We don't have a clue how to do it.

When we invite teams on we look like we could concede to every attack.

That is down to a lack of defensive ability, instinct, nous and an inability to be and stay organised.

There was a borderline offside late yesterday where they went left and the player was marginally off - had they kept going right they had a player in acres of space..The goal they had two men on back stick waiting to score....we invited them on and they found space and gaps at will - our midfield offers zero protection to back four...and our keeper and centre halves - well they speak for themselves.

What the fuck was that pinball as Klavan lashed it against his own player in the area twice in seconds?!

We panic, we make terrible decisions, clearances don't go far enough and ball comes straight back and players get caught out of position/get easily bypassed too often.

Our defensive shape is shocking and when we drop back to try and defend leads we all too often end up conceding because of our poor defenders, poor shape and lack of midfield protection.

Our 'captain' is a massive part of those problems. His inability to organise, to do the job and lead by example, his lack of showing communication and his passive style of play.

It is actually quite funny but when we put men behind the ball and try and soak up pressure we actually leave loads of space.

We just can't do it...Chelsea were finding space and gaps all over the place last 20 mins yesterday and it all stems from players being absolutely clueless when it comes to defensive nous.

You see it all the time - even terrible teams can stick men behind the ball and close up gaps, deny space and frustrate.

We don't have a clue how to do it.

When we invite teams on we look like we could concede to every attack.

That is down to a lack of defensive ability, instinct, nous and an inability to be and stay organised.

There was a borderline offside late yesterday where they went left and the player was marginally off - had they kept going right they had a player in acres of space..The goal they had two men on back stick waiting to score....we invited them on and they found space and gaps at will - our midfield offers zero protection to back four...and our keeper and centre halves - well they speak for themselves.

What the fuck was that pinball as Klavan lashed it against his own player in the area twice in seconds?!

We panic, we make terrible decisions, clearances don't go far enough and ball comes straight back and players get caught out of position/get easily bypassed too often.

Our defensive shape is shocking and when we drop back to try and defend leads we all too often end up conceding because of our poor defenders, poor shape and lack of midfield protection.

Our 'captain' is a massive part of those problems. His inability to organise, to do the job and lead by example, his lack of showing communication and his passive style of play.

Yes mate I actually laughed once yesterday,I know Hazard is a good player,but he approached Hendo with the ball and went by him like would a telegraph pole.You could see our centre backs shitting themselves,whilst trying to mark the forwards,how we got away with it I'll never know.

Yes mate I actually laughed once yesterday,I know Hazard is a good player,but he approached Hendo with the ball and went by him like would a telegraph pole.You could see our centre backs shitting themselves,whilst trying to mark the forwards,how we got away with it I'll never know.

At least Lucas would have fouled him. And then people would have been crying about unnecessary fouls. No wonder our defence looks shit even when the defenders individually are having a decent game. The midfield is just too easy to bypass.

• Upvote 5

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)