You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Neat and tidy player but never a captain, not in a million years.

That foul by Fabregas on Klavan the other day was the crowning turd for me, Henderson just stood there when he should have been right up in his face. Imagine a real captain, a Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira, in that situation. Fabregas would have been lucky to leave the field with four limbs intact. Henderson is a spineless shithouse.

Its still about 3 weeks away from the new season and already our current captain has been written off before a ball has been kicked.

Nice work.

He's being written off because he's played more than 200 games for the club and everyone has been able to see that his level isn't very high. He's not some unproven kid.

• Downvote 1

Neat and tidy player but never a captain, not in a million years.

That foul by Fabregas on Klavan the other day was the crowning turd for me, Henderson just stood there when he should have been right up in his face. Imagine a real captain, a Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira, in that situation. Fabregas would have been lucky to leave the field with four limbs intact. Henderson is a spineless shithouse.

Or even Gerrard

I remember when Sterling got clattered against United, think it was by Nani. Gerrard spent the rest of the game hunting him down kicking lumps out of him.

The only player in our squad with an ounce of that mentality is Milner, which is why I'd give him the armband.

I do think Henderson is a good player though, he suffered with that foot injury nearly all season so it's harsh to judge him based on that. He isn't captain material though.

I remember when Sterling got clattered against United, think it was by Nani. Gerrard spent the rest of the game hunting him down kicking lumps out of him.

The only player in our squad with an ounce of that mentality is Milner, which is why I'd give him the armband.

I do think Henderson is a good player though, he suffered with that foot injury nearly all season so it's harsh to judge him based on that. He isn't captain material though.

That's dumb as fuck. You want to win the game. Responding to thuggery with more thuggery doesn't help one bit in helping the team win the game. I'd want a captain who has a cool head on his shoulders and can get his teammates to focus and keep calm, not one who surrounds refs and kicks opposition players as some form of retribution.

This isn't a criticism of Gerrard, by the way.

That's dumb as fuck. You want to win the game. Responding to thuggery with more thuggery doesn't help one bit in helping the team win the game. I'd want a captain who has a cool head on his shoulders and can get his teammates to focus and keep calm, not one who surrounds refs and kicks opposition players as some form of retribution.

This isn't a criticism of Gerrard, by the way.

Henderson has no influence over the players.  He's like a little kid.

Henderson has no influence over the players.  He's like a little kid.

Agreed, but stuff like that is secondary in importance, in my opinion. The captain should first and foremost be a good or very important player. Then you can get into the leadership aspect of things. My problem with Henderson being captain is that he's just not a very good footballer and him being captain means he has to be in the starting eleven more often than not. Then when you add the fact that he screams at refs and likes to act like the hardest man of all time, it's just not a very good package overall.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)