dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World, European and Premier League Winning Captain of Liverpool

I think Jordan's a great ambassador for the club as well as being a great captain. Ive seen him grow into his role from the time he lacked confidence to take a one on one with the keeper, squared the ball instead and the opportunity to score disappear to become a leader of the team on and off the pitch.

Im really surprised the contract talks have got to this state if reports are to be believed. The club only opened talks a little time ago if you believe reports and suddenly, the papers are talking he's wanting to move on or, his agent is briefing that's the feeling if things arent resolved quickly.

Much as Id want him to stay and finish his top class career at the club, I just cannot get on board with the 'give (insert player's name) what he wants' shout. We've seen how that pans out. Just look at arsenal with sanchez, Ozil and Aubameyang.

We dont know how far apart the two sides are. Hopefully, it's all sorted very quickly and a new contract agreed.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

*shithouse cunt

Nah a shithouse cunt is a term of endearment,  this cunt is just a cunt.

We’re talking about the same Henderson who refused to leave a few years ago because he didn’t want to be a makeweight to buy an average player ? 

Like DS wrote, he’s grown into such a leader and a great skipper, he’s the embodiment of the club right now on and off the pitch. No way he’s going to leave us.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Jordan's a great ambassador for the club as well as being a great captain. Ive seen him grow into his role from the time he lacked confidence to take a one on one with the keeper, squared the ball instead and the opportunity to score disappear to become a leader of the team on and off the pitch.

Im really surprised the contract talks have got to this state if reports are to be believed. The club only opened talks a little time ago if you believe reports and suddenly, the papers are talking he's wanting to move on or, his agent is briefing that's the feeling if things arent resolved quickly.

Much as Id want him to stay and finish his top class career at the club, I just cannot get on board with the 'give (insert player's name) what he wants' shout. We've seen how that pans out. Just look at arsenal with sanchez, Ozil and Aubameyang.

We dont know how far apart the two sides are. Hopefully, it's all sorted very quickly and a new contract agreed.

Bit wide of the mark to liken Hendo to those chancers. 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Over what period of time are they saying the wage bill has risen 95%? 

Bloody FSG, What % has their asset risen in value by since they bought it? They cant expect to be at the top end of the football pyramid and pay minimum wages. 

9 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Bloody FSG, What % has their asset risen in value by since they bought it? They cant expect to be at the top end of the football pyramid and pay minimum wages. 

I think you’ll find they can. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Bloody FSG, What % has their asset risen in value by since they bought it? They cant expect to be at the top end of the football pyramid and pay minimum wages. 

If you check you’ll soon find we’re quite far from paying minimum wages. Even if a few on here seem  to believe we do.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

If you check you’ll soon find we’re quite far from paying minimum wages. Even if a few on here seem  to believe we do.

Yeah of course we don’t, it was clearly an exaggeration as a result of them complaining about our wages going up.

of course wages will go up (as has revenue) especially when we have some of the best in their positions and who have recently delivered the biggest trophies. Let’s not forget that they signed off these deals and bonus structures. 

The Evans article shows how blessed we are and FSG are to have Klopp. He makes them look an awful lot better than they are. Christ knows what will happen whenever he goes. 

• Upvote 1

Allegedly the 95% increase in wages is since 2015, and revenues have increased by 64% in that period. Personally I think this is somewhat selective use of statistics intended to portray us as cash-strapped.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

To be fair, a lot of our supporters would have said the same at the time. 

Like our supporters, Henry still harped back to the days under Kenny where Hendo wasn’t the player he is today. 

They were also wrong. 

Simples fact is, since the 2nd half of Rodgers first season, Hendo has been absolutely integral to everything good about us. 

Evans has stuck a complimentary thread on FSG up on Twitter today. I won’t post it as it doesn’t fit any of the negative narratives. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

To be fair, a lot of our supporters would have said the same at the time. 

Like our supporters, Henry still harped back to the days under Kenny where Hendo wasn’t the player he is today. 

They were also wrong. 

Simples fact is, since the 2nd half of Rodgers first season, Hendo has been absolutely integral to everything good about us. 

Evans has stuck a complimentary thread on FSG up on Twitter today. I won’t post it as it doesn’t fit any of the negative narratives. 

How do you still have the balls to show up everywhere defending them? 

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

How do you still have the balls to show up everywhere defending them? 

I’m clearly not defending anybody there. I’m criticising those whose opinions were stuck in 2012 years after Hendo proved his worth to us.

It is also a category I assume you fall into.