dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World, European and Premier League Winning Captain of Liverpool

8 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

We’ve already signed Hendo’s replacement we just haven’t read the article telling us who it is yet.

Saved us millions

Selling would be daft. That doesn’t mean he should be given a big fat contract for the sake of it. We’ve been pretty ruthless with our European cup winning captains over the years.

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Selling would be daft. That doesn’t mean he should be given a big fat contract for the sake of it. We’ve been pretty ruthless with our European cup winning captains over the years.

This is it in a nutshell. He’s a very good player but the contract he’s in now is actually perfect for us.

11 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

All the leaving stuff is all agent talk, FSG have shown they will let him run his contract down rather than sell.

But the talk is he doesn't want to run down his contract - if he doesn't get an extension (like half his teammates are getting) then he'll leave this summer. 

36 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

But the talk is he doesn't want to run down his contract - if he doesn't get an extension (like half his teammates are getting) then he'll leave this summer. 

Letting him leave now(not that I believe this shite)would be ridiculous and possibly catastrophic given he is club captain and a starter when fit. I can only guess this is the agent trying to stir up shit for their cut,I mean client.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Letting him leave now(not that I believe this shite)would be ridiculous and possibly catastrophic given he is club captain and a starter when fit. I can only guess this is the agent trying to stir up shit for their cut,I mean client.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is it not pretty straight forward though? He's 31, wants his 4 or 5 years to plan out the final stage of his career. If we don't want to extend, there's a problem. While it's obvious fsg are happy to let players run down their contracts, that's pretty much happened with the cooperation of the player. If the player wants out, it's completely different and klopp never wants to keep anyone who wants to go. It'll be interesting to see what happens once Henderson is back off holiday. This would feel like Henderson wants to move on if we can't agree a long term deal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

If he wants to go the bad back route (which I doubt)  route , FSG know how to deal with that too.    And those 1/2 of his teammates are under 30, it matters in football, henderson understands that.  Pretty transparent agent talk.

I don't get why we couldn't run down his contract like with the others. Maybe he doesn't want to, but I couldn't see why. If he kept up a good level by the end, he could get a final great contract with big wages somewhere else. Selling him is indeed not the move. 

33 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I always thought he might choose to end his career at Sunderland.

Plenty of time. He could do that when he's 36, 37 and Sunderland will still be in League One.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I always thought he might choose to end his career at Sunderland.

That wouldn’t be for ages, though. He’s not going to want to play League One football in his early thirties. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Plenty of time. He could do that when he's 36, 37 and Sunderland will still be in League One.

He'd be a much loved character on that Sunderland Till I Die sitcom.

FSG don't want anyone over 30. They're running the club like Logan's Run. 

Logan: NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it!

image.png

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Logan: NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it!

image.png

Michael York will save millions!

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it not pretty straight forward though? He's 31, wants his 4 or 5 years to plan out the final stage of his career. If we don't want to extend, there's a problem. While it's obvious fsg are happy to let players run down their contracts, that's pretty much happened with the cooperation of the player. If the player wants out, it's completely different and klopp never wants to keep anyone who wants to go. It'll be interesting to see what happens once Henderson is back off holiday. This would feel like Henderson wants to move on if we can't agree a long term deal. 

Spot on. Seems like this was the case with Gini too, he wanted his next contract to be his last. they're humans with families, it's not as easy for them as just wanting to uproot and trying to find another club for the last 2 years of their careers, they'll want some stability.

Chances are he would rather move somewhere now and have his next 5 years planned out than waiting til he's 33 and having the uncertainty surrounding that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

Spot on. Seems like this was the case with Gini too, he wanted his next contract to be his last. they're humans with families, it's not as easy for them as just wanting to uproot and trying to find another club for the last 2 years of their careers, they'll want some stability.

Chances are he would rather move somewhere now and have his next 5 years planned out than waiting til he's 33 and having the uncertainty surrounding that.

This is the thing, people constantly forget there's a human element. It's all well and good saying "well he signed a contract, he needs to get on with it" or "he'll never be difficult for us". All you need is for his heart not to be in it, then you've half a footballer. Surely if people have learnt something from this team we've had the last few years under klopp, is each and everyone gives all that is expected and a little bit more. Some players will be good at dealing with a contract running down and no deal in sight, others won't. It's just human nature. You can't manage personalities by spreadsheet. 

Your talking about multi millionaires these cunts earn more in a month than we will earn in a lifetime, human element more like 'give me more'

We owe them fuckall they have been well looked after, that was one thing that always stuck with me with Paisley, Dalglish etc once you were surplus to requirements you were out the door theres no sentiment in football ever more so now

Play out your contract then fuck off

9 hours ago, johnsusername said:

image.png

Forthcoming Echo article: "Executing players when they reach the age of 30 could save Liverpool millions"

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gap30 said:

Your talking about multi millionaires these cunts earn more in a month than we will earn in a lifetime, human element more like 'give me more'

We owe them fuckall they have been well looked after, that was one thing that always stuck with me with Paisley, Dalglish etc once you were surplus to requirements you were out the door theres no sentiment in football ever more so now

Play out your contract then fuck off

But Henderson isn't surplus to requirements, he's the club captain and one of our best players. And it's coming weeks after letting Gini go to PSG. Gerrard has since said he left the club too early. Players these days look after themselves and can play well into their 30s. 

And I'm not getting into Dalglish's transfer record at the end of his reign.