You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Disappointing news if correct. Outlets like the Athletic were only suggesting a day or so ago that Liverpool had opened talks with Hendo. Now, 48 hours later, it's the boy's future is up in the air.

I dont get this if it was down to Jurgen, it would all be sorted yet they say Hendo wouldnt want to just be the wise head in the dresing room with limited playing time. Why would Jurgen even think of Hendo being the wise head with just cameo appearances? Doesnt stack up.

Hitting 33 at the end of his current contract so it would be wise to play the waiting game in terms of his fitness/injury record. I cant see them even looking at a new contract yet.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CapeRed said:

Hitting 33 at the end of his current contract so it would be wise to play the waiting game in terms of his fitness/injury record. I cant see them even looking at a new contract yet.

Yes, if they were talking a new contract and terms that start at the end of the current one when he's 33.

But often, clubs give players new contracts part way through their current one so the new terms kick in straight away and either retain the orinal end date or extend it by a year or two.

Whether we're doing that here or just rewarding him with new terms because he's an integral part of the club, I dont know.

4 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I don't think Jordan is in a very strong bargaining position. He's not a cunt so he can't use sore back tricks and his age and injury record don't make him a very appealing target. 

I’d like him to stay as he seems like a real positive person to have in the squad and can offer a lot to younger players.

But This is another reason to bring in cms this summer who can contribute. Hendo and Milner are getting on, Thiago similarly isn’t a spring chicken and Jones is very young and inexperienced, we’ve lost Gini and Ox and Keita have injury issues and prob aren’t good enough.

Only Fabinho could realistically play on for a few years. We need at least one this summer in the 22-26 range someone who is experienced and can come in and play to a high level to replace Gini. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Although I’d be gutted if Hendo left, I agree with this assessment.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

From memory, Ornstein is ITK wrt Arsenal’s transfer activities. Not so much with ours. Paul Joyce is the man you’d want to listen to. 

nah, you are wrong there. Ornstein has been absolutely spot on with Liverpool since around 2019 - he definitely has a connection and I guess if he is London based (I don't know if he is, just because he used to be Arsenal's boy) it may well come through our London operation. I would go as far as to say I think I would trust an Ornstein report ahead of most others these days. He seems to definitely have a different LFC "in" than Joyce and all the rest who all tweet the same story within about 8 seconds of each other. 

57 minutes ago, No2 said:

Taking sentimentality out of it, what kind of contribution are we expecting from Jordan Henderson at 33 years of age? His injury record is close to appalling at this stage, with another 2 years on the clock his role will be more in the back ground than the pitch. Himself and Milner need to stay as long as they can play at all but he needs to start accepting his body won't allow him play his current role, he may end up a utility player like Milner covering fullbacks and being 5th choice CB.

Yeah, I can see why the club are reluctant. In fact the only thing that would make sense this far out for FSG is if Henderson has approached them and said he wants to end his career with us, so let's go on the current money now and the extension through his last years would be pay as you play almost with a small weekly wage. But there's history with that one - Steven Gerrard when he decided to move on was because the club offered him 12 months, he wanted 2 years till he finished playing and was happy to spread the salary over 2 years and top up on pay as you play. FSG wouldn't budge.  

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

nah, you are wrong there. Ornstein has been absolutely spot on with Liverpool since around 2019 - he definitely has a connection and I guess if he is London based (I don't know if he is, just because he used to be Arsenal's boy) it may well come through our London operation. I would go as far as to say I think I would trust an Ornstein report ahead of most others these days. He seems to definitely have a different LFC "in" than Joyce and all the rest who all tweet the same story within about 8 seconds of each other. 

Yeah, I can see why the club are reluctant. In fact the only thing that would make sense this far out for FSG is if Henderson has approached them and said he wants to end his career with us, so let's go on the current money now and the extension through his last years would be pay as you play almost with a small weekly wage. But there's history with that one - Steven Gerrard when he decided to move on was because the club offered him 12 months, he wanted 2 years till he finished playing and was happy to spread the salary over 2 years and top up on pay as you play. FSG wouldn't budge.  

He hardly ever released any exclusive for Liverpool. The big one he pushed was in relation to Trent’s exclusion for the euro squad and that turned out to be tripe. I’d take whatever he says about our business with a pinch of salt if I were you Barry. He is an excellent source for Arsenal though. A bit like Joyce is for us.

Hendo was the player who voiced out the most against the super league project. He must be seen as a sort of rebel by those at the top. No surprise if he is being treated the hard way. Its the corporate treatment, accept whats on the table or find another job.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

He hardly ever released any exclusive for Liverpool. The big one he pushed was in relation to Trent’s exclusion for the euro squad and that turned out to be tripe. I’d take whatever he says about our business with a pinch of salt if I were you Barry. He is an excellent source for Arsenal though. A bit like Joyce is for us.

he's been right on just about everything related to the club. i am fine listening to what he says. you can ignore him as you don't trust him. 

Posted a while back and I can’t be arsed searching for it now but there was a good article in the Torygraph about how clubs are willing to take the risk and let players contracts run out if they’re expiring over the age of 30.

Not worth paying new signing on fees, agent fees and committing to a high wage for diminishing talent when youve already got them tied down.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Ornstein is seeming to suggest that FSG want to sell him. They are a fucking disgrace 

Who gives a fuck what FSG want? Why do these cunts even get a say in this? They're just here to sign the fucking cheques, a simple job that they are wank at doing. As long as Klopp wants a player, FSGs only role is to make it happen. That's their only usefulness to us. If they can't accept that role, maybe they should get lost and let someone else takeover. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Posted a while back and I can’t be arsed searching for it now but there was a good article in the Torygraph about how clubs are willing to take the risk and let players contracts run out if they’re expiring over the age of 30.

Not worth paying new signing on fees, agent fees and committing to a high wage for diminishing talent when youve already got them tied down.

That’s understandable. Selling him anytime soon would be nuts, but if the club want to be stupid that’s their prerogative. Other than Man City, I think just about any team would be improved by him, even as a squad player. Not going to happen, but he would be a great signing for a side like Man Utd, who have plenty of talent but are lacking in leaders.

13 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Who gives a fuck what FSG want? Why do these cunts even get a say in this? They're just here to sign the fucking cheques, a simple job that they are wank at doing. As long as Klopp wants a player, FSGs only role is to make it happen. That's their only usefulness to us. If they can't accept that role, maybe they should get lost and let someone else takeover. 

We’ve already lost one vital midfielder this summer that wanted to stay and who was wanted by Koop.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully, a packed Anfield will let FSG know exactly what they need to do regarding Hendo, and exactly how they are thought of after the way they let Gini go, especially as there doesn't seem to be any movement on a replacement which is negligence in my eyes, not forgetting the whole super league debacle.

They don't give a fuck about anything but money and need reminding just what the club is and what it means.

The other pair of gobshite owners who saw the club as  nothing more than a profit making exercise came unstuck because of fan power, these will be harder to remove, but things could get quite uncomfortable for them.

Lose the goodwill of the fans, our fans in particular at your peril.

• Upvote 3

Don't see why the would sell him when they didn't sell Can or Gini

Let him play out the last two years.

I don't like or dislike FSG as owners. I can see the issue with this one, 2 years left, will be 33 when the deals up. Ongoing injury issues only likely to get worse. You can see why the club would be hesitant to give him more than a 1 year extension without much of a wage rise. The issue is more the normal bollocks about, next year is the year to spend big. I get the feeling they are happy to let Klopp see out his deal with the current team and then all change after that with the squad them being in its early 30s and needing replaced it could easily lead us to a Arsenal type situation of years on the outside looking in. 

• Upvote 1

It's all reminiscent of the Milner sitation.  They let his contract run down to 6 months before they renewed.  Given Henderson's age, injuries I can see them doing the same.

After all Allisson, Salah, VVD, Fab et al, are in the same queue and probably should be higher priority.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)