dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World, European and Premier League Winning Captain of Liverpool

Much better performance today. Although his awareness and positional play were again questionable, his passing was much better and more progressive than usual.

Well done, keep it up Hendo.

I know it may sound churlish but we were playing shite and there was no press on our midfield allowing him the time to get his head up. I thought he played well all the same

Fabinho has positive effect on our captain. Suddenly forward passes and forward runs that have long disappeared from Henderson play reappeared. The ball is no longer a grenade to him. Long may it continue. 

The first time pass to TAA before the Shaq goal was very very well played. Good on him to be now also looking forward in his passing. 

He's not shit Henderson he's just out of his league. He got the plaudits against Newcastle but that's sort of his level, against top drawer sides he'll always be chasing shadows.

That was a bad midfield tonight, vintage 2017 and it was pretty obvious they were gonna run rings around us there. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Rip that armband off him and feed him to the pigs 

He wasn't the worse by any stretch, so slightly unfair.  Did what he usually does, and cycled the ball.  Milner was the poorest in the mdfield three and looked well off the pace.  I think this team has now outgrown this flat midfield defensive three and time Fabinho becomes a regular in the big games imo.  This midfield is not progressive enough to provide the support to the front three and without a striker who cannot hold the ball up effectively, this accentuates the problems.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

He's not shit Henderson he's just out of his league. He got the plaudits against Newcastle but that's sort of his level, against top drawer sides he'll always be chasing shadows.

That was a bad midfield tonight, vintage 2017 and it was pretty obvious they were gonna run rings around us there. 

Disagree, I think he’s totally useless against the weaker sides.

On the other hand he’s been of some use against opponents that are stronger than us, his huffing and puffing bringing something in those games. Problem is we very rarely play teams that are superior to us there days. He’s a squad player now, and should be move on in the summer.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:34 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

Much better performance today. Although his awareness and positional play were again questionable, his passing was much better and more progressive than usual.

Well done, keep it up Hendo.

Each to their own, but thought he was poor tonight mate. 

He does his best, problem is Klopp keeps picking him for these games. It's like every poor Milner/Hendo midfield combo game is erased from his memory after every poor performance. 

I understand the thinking behind having two English "warriors" out there, but when they get outmuscled/outsmarted by Fernandinho and the two Silvas keep running rings around them, a change would be nice.

Don't really think he's a squad player either, as soon as he loses Captain status (which he should) and a relatively regular starting spot, his confidence will dwindle and he'll be even more of a hindrance to us. 

He wasn't the worst tonight, in fact none of midfield were up to it until Fabinho came on.

But the others can drastically improve Henderson just can't.

It's obvious now.

Give Van Dijk the armband.

He's just so inspirational. 

Teams line up against him and instantly shit themselves. 

He's so brave and is willing to try something out of the ordinary. 

A leader of men. 

Said no cunt, ever. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He's just so inspirational. 

Teams line up against him and instantly shit themselves. 

He's so brave and is willing to try something out of the ordinary. 

A leader of men. 

Said no cunt, ever. 

He ain't good enough for this side and struggles to  making it as a squad player . I would ship him Loven and Sturridge out this summer if possible. 

His legs were like jelly any time it looked like the ball was going to get played to him.  He absolutely shit himself before the first whistle.  I honestly don’t know what game Klopp was watching leaving him on for 90 mins.  The other players must be thinking it as well.  He’s technically nowhere near good enough to be playing in this team and he knows it himself.  Klopp has to wake up to it.