You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Have to admit, I thought he was emblematic of our frail mentality under Rodgers and in the early Klopp years. Very happy to be wrong on that.

He was, but I'm guessing that stemmed from a leader who was also weak mentally, Klopp has given the players  the belief and a system that they can go toe to toe with anyone in the world, its been going on like that for a few years now that the players know no different now, they play with a swagger and confidence and they all know their jobs.

Its amazing what a great manager who is tactically astue can do for the players.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

If his name was Jordanihno Hendersoninho, we'd all be saying "that's a weird name".

Not only that. We'd also be wondering why he runs so funny.

Great performance from him. Hard as nails, a great leader, and with far better technique than his shooting used to suggest. Nice to see him given a more progressive sort of role, and nice to see the bluenoses give him so much space to run onto that ball!

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's no coincidence that we are managed by a decent human being and the team is also led by a thoroughly decent human being. All that stuff about having to be a cunt to be successful is a load of shite.

I think that's just the way things are now, in many industries.

Dave mentioned something similar on the Southampton podcast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I don't know if he is nursing an injury, but there have been more than a few performances, this season, where Stringvest doesn't sound as crazy as he usually does.

I don't think he has fully recovered from last season and he's been rushed back because of our other options,and most are poorer players than an injured Jordan Henderson.

7 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I don't know if he is nursing an injury, but there have been more than a few performances, this season, where Stringvest doesn't sound as crazy as he usually does.

Has happened before, so could be. I’ve never been his biggest fan, but he’s been pretty decent for a few seasons before this. So far this season he’s been really poor. Would be good news actually if there was something like that causing it.

Don’t want to take the shine off yesterday, I’m still made up, but I wasn’t convinced by Hendo’s performance last night, especially early on. 

He doesn’t seem to help in controlling games as much more. Last night when we were up against it, he seemed too busy flying forward to help the attack or to press their centre backs. 

When he played deeper in the second half, we had far, far more control. 

I know in general we like to fight fire with fire, but the sides Madrid and Title sides knew when to manage storms and have confidence in our attackers to produce. 

Obviously the counter to this is “We scored early so the approach worked”, which completely burst their bubble, IMO, it seems needlessly reckless. 

I’ve been noticing it all season, going back to Brentford away. I don’t think it’s him going maverick, he’s surely playing to instructions. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)