You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Keita is the equivalent of Mercedes giving Lewis Hamilton a car with 1 wheel and a fucked accelerator pedal, then trying to extol the virtues of its flashy paintwork. I couldn’t give a shit how good his vertical passing is, how he controlled games in Germany or that he has a good age profile. He’s either up on bricks or available but looks like he’s playing in the wrong age group. 

He’s been a proven time and money sink with us for 3 years now, so crossing fingers and hoping it will all be different this season requires being credulous enough to watch the latest Bond film and think there’s a chance he might die during the opening credits. No offence to the lad, like, but we won’t buy someone we can rely on in his position while he’s still here, so fire him into the fucking sea already.

YNWA Naby, etc.

Not a fan, Ben?

29 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

It’s a massive shame for sure. Promised so much. 

I don’t know anyone who wasn’t made up with his signing and couldn’t wait for him to play. His YouTube videos were great and he looked a real pocket dynamo who wouldn’t mind the physical aspect of the game here. 

He’s turned out to be a shite pussy unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

We’re talking about a fourth choice midfielder here BBN. He won’t start if everyone is fit. Say we have a midweek game against PSG and we want to rest Thiago against Watford on the weekend prior, I wouldn’t be overly concerned to see him start that game. The alternative is spending £30m+ for someone to sit on the bench against the bigger teams.

Fair point, but I think the key term is "If everyone is fit". I'm not sure we can assume Henderson will be, which - coupled with Keita's price tag and the reports Klopp rates him - makes him worryingly close to a starter, despite not showing much to warrant that faith.

Jones has arguably leapfrogged him, and if reports of Camavinga or others being available for reasonable sums are true, I think it'd be more prudent to move him on and replace him before he leaves for nothing, having contributed little more.

20 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Thiago has a similar style of play to Modric, who is still tearing it up at 36. You’d expect to get another 5 years out of the centre backs, I’d look at Chiellini as an example. Firmino isn’t dependant on his pace, so you could easily see him playing till his mid thirties. Maybe me being in my late thirties is blinding my judgment.

Firmino mightn't rely on his pace, but he's been mostly poor for 2 years. The year we won the league, he didn't score a goal at Anfield till it was all over. He's almost 30, how many forwards play poorly for the 2 years coming to 30 and then turn it all around and hit their mid 20s form? I just don't think it happens. 

14 hours ago, Barnesey said:

The Ox was keeping Gini out until his injury and scored now and again. 

He needs a run of games to get back to that level but the Atletico game showed he’s still got it  

Chamberlain has been back from that injury for 2 years. He's just not the same player. It's not a run of games he needs, it's a different level of competition. He's just not good enough anymore for a team challenging for the biggest trophies. He's been an injury prone player all his career and that's been 1 injury too far and it was clearly worse than your "average" season ending injury. 

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

cc @Dr Nowt

#NabyUnlocked

Is that video a pisstake or some form of pro Naby propaganda? Someone says in the comments “waiting for the bit where he unlocks” or something and the potentially pro Naby OP puts “might help if you open your eyes”. 

Put Naby into the divisive mix driven by social media, along with Brexit, vaccines, covid and so on

In my opinion it is never going to happen for him here. I never watched him before, but assume he must have been a bit special at red bull based on his supporters’ constant shouting about it. I hope I’m wrong and he’s amazing next season, but I’m pretty certain he won’t be.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)