You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

So list your 22 you think will have the ability and fitness to challenge for the PL and CL this season…

Ability yes.

If fitness isn't as horrific as last season, and we'd be pretty fucking unlucky for it to be, then yes.

This is based on the squad, which before it was decimated by injuries last season, got the the CL Final, challenged for the league and won the CL, won the league and were top of the league at midway last season.

I'm not sure why you appear to be taking a mocking tone to what I've said, when previous seasons have backed up the points I'm making. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I'm not sure why you appear to be taking a mocking tone to what I've said, when previous seasons have backed up the points I'm making. 

You understand the concept of being able to agree with a poster 100% on one point and disagree with them 100% on another? 

You understand the concept of being able to agree with a poster 100% on one point and disagree with them 100% on another? 

If you made that clearer you were in part agreeing with me, because I can't decipher that in any way shape or form from the posts you've made, then yes I would.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

If you made that clearer you were in part agreeing with me, because I can't decipher that in any way shape or form from the posts you've made, then yes I would.

When you don’t come across as a complete condescending cunt (I’m 100% sure I do too!) I actually agree with quite a bit you post on here. 

Heavens forbid I’ve actually agreed with you about FSG on a couple of things. 

Other things you post I think are completely fucking mental and batshit crazy. I also think you’re overly invested in wanting to be proved right about your opinions. 

There’s not a poster on here who hasn’t been proven to be massively wrong and look a complete bellend in hindsight. 

Look at Stig, Usher and Monty…

And I’ve probably a worse record than all of them! 

I was convinced if Rafa was breaking our transfer record on a defender, on an Italian defender at that, then Dossena was gonna be the love child of Maldini and Baresi. 

Look how that turned out…

I’m as big a cunt on here as anyone else, maybe almost as big as Stig. 

I don’t think I’ve ever once negged you. Even when I’ve completely disagreed with you I’ve always repped you. A lot of the time sarcastically I admit but when I read your post about going to loads of games and knowing more than anyone else I laughed. 

I also repped you for having the bollocks to just turn around and say I was pissed and posted like a twat. We’ve all done it! 

I don’t like FSG, you want to judge them on each decision, I get that. I think they’ve fucked up enough times now to not deserve that trust. 

It’s just opinions, I think mine are right, you think yours are right. Fucking hell neither of us would hold those opinions if we thought they were wrong. 

30 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

As for the 22, I don’t have a clue who you think is of the desired standard and fitness. 

That was all my post was. 

Ali

Trent

Robbo

Virg'

Joel

Joe

Konate

Jones

Fab

Hendo

Thiago

Jota

Bobby

Mo 

Sadio

I'd say we've got 15 with potentially Ox as a 16th fitness permitting.

I'd agree that we've only got 15/16 top quality players but that's been the case for the last three seasons. The squad is more than good enough to compete if we are more or less injury free but we need 2/3 more players if we want to have some insurance against bad luck with injuries or to compete in all competitions. 

I don't think we have an ageing squad overall, I just think the problem is that Salah, Mane and Firmino are all going to get old at the same time, and unless you pull a rabbit out of a hat it will cost alot of money to replace each one.

Doesn't explain why you wouldn't buy say, a Doku or someone of his ilk to challenge and potentially take over Mane now though. Or at the very latest next year.

I think Salah would he the one you'd most want to renew, but also is the one who'd be most likely to get you coutinho type cash

Ox was a waste of money and has never been reliable. 

Excellent player, desperately unlucky. Whatyagonna do? It's only with the benefit of hindsight you can call him a waste of money. Not for me.

1 minute ago, aws said:

I'd agree that we've only got 15/16 top quality players but that's been the case for the last three seasons. The squad is more than good enough to compete if we are more or less injury free but we need 2/3 more players if we want to have some insurance against bad luck with injuries or to compete in all competitions. 

It's been the case for the last three seasons. Trouble is, they're all three years older and have played too much football and have far greater question marks over durability. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, etho said:

I don't think we have an ageing squad overall, I just think the problem is that Salah, Mane and Firmino are all going to get old at the same time, and unless you pull a rabbit out of a hat it will cost alot of money to replace each one.

Doesn't explain why you wouldn't buy say, a Doku or someone of his ilk to challenge and potentially take over Mane now though. Or at the very latest next year.

I think Salah would he the one you'd most want to renew, but also is the one who'd be most likely to get you coutinho type cash

Milner 35

Hendo 31

Thiago 30

VVD 30

Firmino 30 soon

Matip 30 in a couple of weeks

Salah 29

Mane 29

We have an ageing squad profile without any doubt.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Ali

Trent

Robbo

Virg'

Joel

Joe

Konate

Jones

Fab

Hendo

Thiago

Jota

Bobby

Mo 

Sadio

I'd say we've got 15 with potentially Ox as a 16th fitness permitting.

Add Keita and Milner to that. Keita is probably the best 4th/5th choice midfielder in the league. 

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Add Keita and Milner to that. Keita is probably the best 4th/5th choice midfielder in the league. 

Forgot about Milner, to my eternal shame. I ain't adding Keita to shit. He's an irrelevance. 

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Milner 35

Hendo 31

Thiago 30

VVD 30

Firmino 30 soon

Matip 30 in a couple of weeks

Salah 29

Mane 29

We have an ageing squad profile without any doubt.

Thiago has a similar style of play to Modric, who is still tearing it up at 36. You’d expect to get another 5 years out of the centre backs, I’d look at Chiellini as an example. Firmino isn’t dependant on his pace, so you could easily see him playing till his mid thirties. Maybe me being in my late thirties is blinding my judgment.

3 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Thiago has a similar style of play to Modric, who is still tearing it up at 36. You’d expect to get another 5 years out of the centre backs, I’d look at Chiellini as an example. Firmino isn’t dependant on his pace, so you could easily see him playing till his mid thirties. Maybe me being in my late thirties is blinding my judgment.

I’m 33 and I’m absolutely fucked!

If Ox had carried on in the form he was in and not got injured and Keita was what we thought we were getting then midfield numbers and age would be spot on.

It didn’t turn out like that, so we are definitely one quality player short in the mid twenty age group there. Probably two.

40 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

If Ox had carried on in the form he was in and not got injured and Keita was what we thought we were getting then midfield numbers and age would be spot on.

It didn’t turn out like that, so we are definitely one quality player short in the mid twenty age group there. Probably two.

What form? 

When has he ever had a consistent run of form/fitness/selection? 

42 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

What form? 

When has he ever had a consistent run of form/fitness/selection? 

He was decent that first season, scored a couple of belters against Man City in the league and Champions League, before the injury against Roma in the semi.

Certainly good enough to be a 4th or 5th option in midfield. I do realise that was over 3 years ago though!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

He was decent that first season, scored a couple of belters against Man City in the league and Champions League, before the injury against Roma in the semi.

Certainly good enough to be a 4th or 5th option in midfield. I do realise that was over 3 years ago though!

How many games did he play consecutively? 

25 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

How many games did he play consecutively? 

Fuck knows.  My memory says he was pretty much first choice centre mid from Christmas until the Roma injury.

Internet tells me he played 32 league games, plus another 10 in the cups (7 CL) that season.  So that seems a decent number.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)