You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Over what period of time are they saying the wage bill has risen 95%? 

Bloody FSG, What % has their asset risen in value by since they bought it? They cant expect to be at the top end of the football pyramid and pay minimum wages. 

4 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Bloody FSG, What % has their asset risen in value by since they bought it? They cant expect to be at the top end of the football pyramid and pay minimum wages. 

If you check you’ll soon find we’re quite far from paying minimum wages. Even if a few on here seem  to believe we do.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

If you check you’ll soon find we’re quite far from paying minimum wages. Even if a few on here seem  to believe we do.

Yeah of course we don’t, it was clearly an exaggeration as a result of them complaining about our wages going up.

of course wages will go up (as has revenue) especially when we have some of the best in their positions and who have recently delivered the biggest trophies. Let’s not forget that they signed off these deals and bonus structures. 

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

To be fair, a lot of our supporters would have said the same at the time. 

Like our supporters, Henry still harped back to the days under Kenny where Hendo wasn’t the player he is today. 

They were also wrong. 

Simples fact is, since the 2nd half of Rodgers first season, Hendo has been absolutely integral to everything good about us. 

Evans has stuck a complimentary thread on FSG up on Twitter today. I won’t post it as it doesn’t fit any of the negative narratives. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Like our supporters, Henry still harped back to the days under Kenny where Hendo wasn’t the player he is today. 

They were also wrong. 

Simples fact is, since the 2nd half of Rodgers first season, Hendo has been absolutely integral to everything good about us. 

Evans has stuck a complimentary thread on FSG up on Twitter today. I won’t post it as it doesn’t fit any of the negative narratives. 

How do you still have the balls to show up everywhere defending them? 

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

How do you still have the balls to show up everywhere defending them? 

I’m clearly not defending anybody there. I’m criticising those whose opinions were stuck in 2012 years after Hendo proved his worth to us.

It is also a category I assume you fall into. 

This "rebuild cycle" shit isn't cutting it with me. Very American way to look at it, but it doesn't apply to football, where there are no rewards for being shit and entering a rebuilding "process." Sounds like ready made propaganda to explain away the dip we all know is coming down the road. 

If we need to rebuild, it's only because FSG haven't done enough with years of opportunities to refresh and evolve to ensure there's the continuity necessary for sustained success, like we did under Bob and Kenny and then United did under Ferguson. 

City haven't done it, they've allowed their squad to grow old together, but that doesn't matter because they're an aberration. They'll just buy without the need for the natural order to take place, where players age out and are edged out by younger and hopefully better ones.

There's no-one outside of Liverpool's first 11 who fits that description at the moment, where they're the presumed heir to a starter as, to use the only example of City being normal, Foden was to Silva. 

This could have been avoided, but it feels that window gets shorter each transfer window that passes with inaction. 

• Upvote 4

The word 'rebuild' always makes me think of the Six Million Dollar Man ("We can rebuild him, we have the technology") although I suppose if Steve Austin was an FSG employee he would probably have been the 1.3 Million Dollar Amortized Over A Five Year Contract Man.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There's no-one outside of Liverpool's first 11 who fits that description at the moment

diogo-jota-liverpool_198365knifo1n1ut9vj

Is he outside the first 11? Pretty sure he gets in most people's (including the manager's) with or without Bobby in the team, but I take your point. 

Just now, Chris said:

Is he outside the first 11? Pretty sure he gets in most people's (including the manager's) with or without Bobby in the team, but I take your point. 

There are plenty of options outside the first 11, Jota being one of them.

We could certainly do with an injection of quality / refresh & shift some who don't contribute, but to say the we don't have options outside the first 11 is, IMO, incorrect.

Outside the first 22, I'd tend to agree. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We could certainly do with an injection of quality / refresh & shift some who don't contribute, but to say the we don't have options outside the first 11 is, IMO, incorrect.

Depends on whether you like the options, I guess.  

I hope Curtis and Harvey become very good ones in the next year. I hope Joe and Joel can remain fit enough to actually be options. However, when it comes to Trent, Robbo, Ali, Fab, Hendo, Thiago, Mo and Sadio there just aren't options where the drop off isn't very significant. 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Each of the last few years there has been a purchase with that mindset - we got burned on Ox and worse with Keita who were identified as "heirs". 

Konate fits the bill as well - whether or not those pan out is a different thing.

Probably Elliot is in the same boat Foden was a couple seasons ago as well.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

They were also wrong. 

Very nice of you.

31 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d love to see this 22! 

22 players that are of the required quality and fitness record to challenge for PL and CL titles yeah? 

Go for it…

I can’t wait to see this. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

I’d love to see this 22! 

22 players that are of the required quality and fitness record to challenge for PL and CL titles yeah? 

Go for it…

I can’t wait to see this. 

The 22 that won us league and CL. Minus Wijnaldum & Lovren. Plus Thaigo, Jota & Konate.

Or are you going to dispute that?

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)