You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

FSG don't want anyone over 30. They're running the club like Logan's Run. 

Logan: NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it!

image.png

Michael York will save millions!

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it not pretty straight forward though? He's 31, wants his 4 or 5 years to plan out the final stage of his career. If we don't want to extend, there's a problem. While it's obvious fsg are happy to let players run down their contracts, that's pretty much happened with the cooperation of the player. If the player wants out, it's completely different and klopp never wants to keep anyone who wants to go. It'll be interesting to see what happens once Henderson is back off holiday. This would feel like Henderson wants to move on if we can't agree a long term deal. 

Spot on. Seems like this was the case with Gini too, he wanted his next contract to be his last. they're humans with families, it's not as easy for them as just wanting to uproot and trying to find another club for the last 2 years of their careers, they'll want some stability.

Chances are he would rather move somewhere now and have his next 5 years planned out than waiting til he's 33 and having the uncertainty surrounding that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

Spot on. Seems like this was the case with Gini too, he wanted his next contract to be his last. they're humans with families, it's not as easy for them as just wanting to uproot and trying to find another club for the last 2 years of their careers, they'll want some stability.

Chances are he would rather move somewhere now and have his next 5 years planned out than waiting til he's 33 and having the uncertainty surrounding that.

This is the thing, people constantly forget there's a human element. It's all well and good saying "well he signed a contract, he needs to get on with it" or "he'll never be difficult for us". All you need is for his heart not to be in it, then you've half a footballer. Surely if people have learnt something from this team we've had the last few years under klopp, is each and everyone gives all that is expected and a little bit more. Some players will be good at dealing with a contract running down and no deal in sight, others won't. It's just human nature. You can't manage personalities by spreadsheet. 

Your talking about multi millionaires these cunts earn more in a month than we will earn in a lifetime, human element more like 'give me more'

We owe them fuckall they have been well looked after, that was one thing that always stuck with me with Paisley, Dalglish etc once you were surplus to requirements you were out the door theres no sentiment in football ever more so now

Play out your contract then fuck off

9 hours ago, johnsusername said:

FSG don't want anyone over 30. They're running the club like Logan's Run. 

Logan: NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it!

image.png

Forthcoming Echo article: "Executing players when they reach the age of 30 could save Liverpool millions"

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gap30 said:

Your talking about multi millionaires these cunts earn more in a month than we will earn in a lifetime, human element more like 'give me more'

We owe them fuckall they have been well looked after, that was one thing that always stuck with me with Paisley, Dalglish etc once you were surplus to requirements you were out the door theres no sentiment in football ever more so now

Play out your contract then fuck off

But Henderson isn't surplus to requirements, he's the club captain and one of our best players. And it's coming weeks after letting Gini go to PSG. Gerrard has since said he left the club too early. Players these days look after themselves and can play well into their 30s. 

And I'm not getting into Dalglish's transfer record at the end of his reign. 

I think Jordan's a great ambassador for the club as well as being a great captain. Ive seen him grow into his role from the time he lacked confidence to take a one on one with the keeper, squared the ball instead and the opportunity to score disappear to become a leader of the team on and off the pitch.

Im really surprised the contract talks have got to this state if reports are to be believed. The club only opened talks a little time ago if you believe reports and suddenly, the papers are talking he's wanting to move on or, his agent is briefing that's the feeling if things arent resolved quickly.

Much as Id want him to stay and finish his top class career at the club, I just cannot get on board with the 'give (insert player's name) what he wants' shout. We've seen how that pans out. Just look at arsenal with sanchez, Ozil and Aubameyang.

We dont know how far apart the two sides are. Hopefully, it's all sorted very quickly and a new contract agreed.

We’re talking about the same Henderson who refused to leave a few years ago because he didn’t want to be a makeweight to buy an average player ? 

Like DS wrote, he’s grown into such a leader and a great skipper, he’s the embodiment of the club right now on and off the pitch. No way he’s going to leave us.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Jordan's a great ambassador for the club as well as being a great captain. Ive seen him grow into his role from the time he lacked confidence to take a one on one with the keeper, squared the ball instead and the opportunity to score disappear to become a leader of the team on and off the pitch.

Im really surprised the contract talks have got to this state if reports are to be believed. The club only opened talks a little time ago if you believe reports and suddenly, the papers are talking he's wanting to move on or, his agent is briefing that's the feeling if things arent resolved quickly.

Much as Id want him to stay and finish his top class career at the club, I just cannot get on board with the 'give (insert player's name) what he wants' shout. We've seen how that pans out. Just look at arsenal with sanchez, Ozil and Aubameyang.

We dont know how far apart the two sides are. Hopefully, it's all sorted very quickly and a new contract agreed.

Bit wide of the mark to liken Hendo to those chancers. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)