You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Just been announced he's been awarded a MBE. I know it doesn't mean much to another of people but without getting into the political side its well deserved

T-Rex midget at City got one aswell

Beaten to it

I don't go for all of this honours bollocks but if he's happy good on him.

It took me a while to warm up to him as a Liverpool player, but the lack of respect shown to him by the Ingurland gobshites in the media really rankles with me now! The fuckers don't deserve him and he better not come back broken!

Looking forward to future thread title amendments: Jordan Henderson, MBE: Prime Minister, Bringer of World Peace, New Captain America and World, European and Premier League Winning Captain of Liverpool

• Upvote 2

I was at Anfield for his debut nearly 10 years ago (where does the time go?) and never in a million years would I have predicted how it's gone for him. He looked nervous back then, wanting rid of the ball as soon as he got it like it was a hot potato, and always sideways, like Jamie Redknapp on super strength coffee. The Sunderland fans sang "Thank you very much for buying Hendo" as we laboured to a 1-1 draw. How very gratifying to see that Hendo has had the last laugh.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Guess who is the only male footballer on this year's Pride Power List.

https://www.pridepowerlist.com/post/pride-power-list-2021?s=09

(It probably reflects badly on football that his "allyship" really amounts to little more than not being a cunt - but that's enough to make him stand out.)

20210627_133621.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Things I have learnt from Twitter in the last 20 minutes:

1. Henderson should never have been in the England squad.

2. Henderson should never have been brought on.

3. Henderson should have taken a penalty (I understand he’d been subbed back off at this point but a lot of whelks seem to think he was still part of the eleven).

4. Henderson bottled it and asked not to take a penalty (Southgate having confirmed he picked the penalty takers and made the subs).

5. Henderson is supposed to have been the leader so it’s all his fault (Harry Kane is captain).

6. When Henderson is dead and gone there’ll be no more Celine Dion…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Things I have learnt from Twitter in the last 20 minutes:

1. Henderson should never have been in the England squad.

2. Henderson should never have been brought on.

3. Henderson should have taken a penalty (I understand he’d been subbed back off at this point but a lot of whelks seem to think he was still part of the eleven).

4. Henderson bottled it and asked not to take a penalty (Southgate having confirmed he picked the penalty takers and made the subs).

5. Henderson is supposed to have been the leader so it’s all his fault (Harry Kane is captain).

6. When Henderson is dead and gone there’ll be no more Celine Dion…

You'd expect such idiocy from england fans. 

But I'll be disappointed if Henderson doesn't hang up his international boots now. 

He went to a major tournament, granted, only over an injury, but was overlooked in place of declan backpass rice and kelvin Phillips. Why, at his age should he be wasting his valuable time with that. 

He'll add 2 years to his Liverpool career if Jack's them in. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

But I'll be disappointed if Henderson doesn't hang up his international boots now. 

He went to a major tournament, granted, only over an injury, but was overlooked in place of declan backpass rice and kelvin Phillips. Why, at his age should he be wasting his valuable time with that. 

If he doesnt he may be retired soon and wondering how the fuck James Milner is still playing.

Not a fucking chance he'll pack it in. They love it. The only way he stops playing for England is if Southgate tells him England are moving on without him. Prior to the semi he was interviewed and said unprompted (not responding to a question) that the semi would be the biggest game of his career. We love to think they care about the reds more than anything, but if there's a chance to represent their country, they all take it. 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunelty no chance - just looking at how he was in the squad on the bench etc. He was massively invested in England doing well. The World Cup is literally just around the corner - he'll be back playing for England pretty soon or certainly in the squad imo.

Have to say I’m delighted he didn’t play more than the bit part role he played overall, and absolutely thrilled he was off at the time of the pens. He got to do all his off the field captaincy stuff that he thrives on helping the young lads and was genuinely considered a part of the positivity of the whole thing but - other than being pretty poor for the hour or so he played in the final - wasn’t to blame and got to enjoy scoring for his country in a tournament.

all things considered - and particularly given he arrived injured - that couldn’t have gone much better from where I’m sat.

as for him hanging up his boots - there’s a tournament next year. No way anyone in or around the squad would be doing that now, especially not one who cares so much about looking after and developing the young lads as Hendo does.

maybe after that one though.

• Upvote 3

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)