You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Righto. 

As I said, enjoy being a twat. I won’t be reading it. 

Ah insightful as ever! 

Being a twat for being right? That’s nice to know. 

All I did was post a gif of a great pass he did & light heartedly said the comments he was labelled for years. 

Must be killing you he’s doing well. Sad. 

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Anyone who suggests that Henderson hasn't improved immeasurably over the past 18 months is fucking barmy.

He’s improved but not by as much as you’re suggesting. He was never anywhere close to as bad a footballer you kept telling us he was.

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Anyone who suggests that Henderson hasn't improved immeasurably over the past 18 months is fucking barmy.

It’s really weird. He was at the point where he was dropped by Klopp and only making the bench. People want to rewrite history rather than judging him on what actually happened. It’s self delusion and done to protect their ego. Same with anybody that can’t admit how well he is doing now. 

He went from somebody that would general put in a 5 or 6 performance to somebody who puts in 7 or 8 every week without fail. Add on top of that his leadership that is becoming more and more evident, and he deserves all the credit in the world. I’m not going to rewrite history over it, but I’m certainly over the moon with him. 

What I find weird is that people like LFD are so quick to try to point score whilst as  short a time ago as November they were on here saying he should be Fabinho’s back up as he would prefer Keita and Gini starting ahead of him. Essentially, during the period where he has come to the best form of his career, he wanted him back on the bench.

• Upvote 5

On 12/11/2019 at 13:17, LF:D said:

But for this team, I think he's better as the 6 (as back up for Fabinho, who is easily first choice at that position).

My reasoning being, I'd rather see two of Gini, Keita, Ox as the 8s over him.

I do think if we want to go up another level (which is incredibly tough given our record the last 38 league games)... then he is the weakest link in the team IMO

The problem for Henderson is we're getting so good the rest of the team are elite players.  

I have never claimed he's elite, just that he's far better than perceived.  But our team is getting so good I do think we're beginning to out grow a few of this squad - Henderson, Milner & Lovren types

Yet you come on and give it the biggun. Yeah, I’m really hating seeing him do so well. You can just see it dripping off all the posts I’ve made recently praising him. I’m hating it. You, on the other hand, wanted him dropped a few months ago. LFD gon’ LFD. 

I give in with you. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Code said:

Henderson has always been great.

Those with knowledge knows that, those without prefers players like Lallana, Sahin etc.

Utter garbage, as per. Klopp quite liked Sahin. You know, having based his best teams around him before he got here, winning the league and that. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s really weird. He was at the point where he was dropped by Klopp and only making the bench. People want to rewrite history rather than judging him on what actually happened. It’s self delusion and done to protect their ego. Same with anybody that can’t admit how well he is doing now. 

He went from somebody that would general put in a 5 or 6 performance to somebody who puts in 7 or 8 every week without fail. Add on top of that his leadership that is becoming more and more evident, and he deserves all the credit in the world. I’m not going to rewrite history over it, but I’m certainly over the moon with him. 

What I find weird is that people like LFD are so quick to try to point score whilst as  short a time ago as November they were on here saying he should be Fabinho’s back up as he would prefer Keita and Gini starting ahead of him. Essentially, during the period where he has come to the best form of his career, he wanted him back on the bench.

I don't remember him being dropped but I do remember injury problems limiting his game time for a while.

5 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I can never remember which poster said what. Who cares who was right? Just enjoy watching our Captain strut around midfields. bossing it.  

The arguing about it is a shitfest on both sides.

I hope Ferguson gets asked about Hendo a lot.

Amen!

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He’s improved but not by as much as you’re suggesting. He was never anywhere close to as bad a footballer you kept telling us he was.

A little context in my defence; where it's undeniably true that I did frequently criticize Henderson, I did also use the thread to praise the lad too. "Credits where credit's due" no?

Perhaps the imbalance in negative / positive Hendo posts was more to do with his performance level over his Liverpool career than any of your imagined bias narrative of the many posters who cared to comment ?

Do you not agree about Henderson's dramatic improvement over the past 18 months ? To my mind it's very plain to see, and it can be no coincidence that Henderson's clear improvement correlates exactly with the negative / positive balance of the comments posted about him.

Credit where credit's due, no ?

No one takes delight when any one of our players is performing poorly, I certainly don't and I never did when Hendo was playing poorly. Why would I ? It hurts he team, that hurts me.

For you and others to suggest that Henderson *hasn't* improved immeasurably is just plain wrong (or even dishonest, depending on your motivation behind your opinion).

For the past 18 months Henderson has been fantastic, as NV states in his earlier post, a 7 or 8 out of 10 every week; do you not think this makes me and Hendo's other critics happy? Fucks sake, it's all I ever wanted from the lad in the first place, to play with self belief and confidence, with his head up, lead like a true captain. Overjoyed that we're all seeing that from him now.

And guess what ? The criticism has gone away. Credit where credit's due I suppose...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A little context in my defence; where it's undeniably true that I did frequently criticize Henderson, I did also use the thread to praise the lad too. "Credits where credit's due" no?

Perhaps the imbalance in negative / positive Hendo posts was more to do with his performance level over his Liverpool career than any of your imagined bias narrative of the many posters who cared to comment ?

Do you not agree about Henderson's dramatic improvement over the past 18 months ? To my mind it's very plain to see, and it can be no coincidence that Henderson's clear improvement correlates exactly with the negative / positive balance of the comments posted about him.

Credit where credit's due, no ?

No one takes delight when any one of our players is performing poorly, I certainly don't and I never did when Hendo was playing poorly. Why would I ? It hurts he team, that hurts me.

For you and others to suggest that Henderson *hasn't* improved immeasurably is just plain wrong (or even dishonest, depending on your motivation behind your opinion).

For the past 18 months Henderson has been fantastic, as NV states in his earlier post, a 7 or 8 out of 10 every week; do you not think this makes me and Hendo's other critics happy? Fucks sake, it's all I ever wanted from the lad in the first place, to play with self belief and confidence, with his head up, lead like a true captain. Overjoyed that we're all seeing that from him now.

And guess what ? The criticism has gone away. Credit where credit's due I suppose...

I don’t care if his how his performances make you feel right now. That’s not the point. He was just never as bad a player as you made him out to be. He was never going to be as good as Gerrard or Alonso or Didi. However you talked about his performances as if he was Salif Diao.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t care if his how his performances make you feel right now. That’s not the point. He was just never as bad a player as you made him out to be. He was never going to be as good as Gerrard or Alonso or Didi. However you talked about his performances as if he was Salif Diao.

That's your opinion and your opinion is wrong.

• Upvote 1

Jordan Jordan you’re better than Diao

Jordan Jordan please don’t leave us now

Jordan Jordan you’re not as good as Stevie

Jordan Jordan please don't leavie

Jordan Jordan you’re a lovely man

Jordan Jordan better looking than Hamann

Jordan Jordan you’re looks are not to shabby

Jordan Jordan but not as nice as Xabi

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You, on the other hand, wanted him dropped a few months ago. LFD gon’ LFD. 

I give in with you. 

I wouldn’t have selected him for a specific game. I wouldn’t start him tonight for example. 

We’ve got incredible depth & options. 

Sometimes  I wouldn’t start Fabinho or Gini or Hendo or Ox... Naby is the only CM I’d want starting against any opposition. Saying that he probably won’t start tonight as we can’t trust him to play games every 3 days without getting injured at the moment. 

I agree with CD saying he has improved. I don’t agree that it’s immeasurably. 

9 hours ago, Jennings said:

I can never remember which poster said what. Who cares who was right? Just enjoy watching our Captain strut around midfields. bossing it.  

The arguing about it is a shitfest on both sides.

I hope Ferguson gets asked about Hendo a lot.

Just always assume that NV and 3 Stacks chatted shite and you'll be fine. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)