You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Shit last night, only was involved in England's three best chances.  

If he was any good he would have finished the chances he helped create for Vardy, Lallana and Sturridge.  

Doesn't matter if he created more than anyone else, he is shit - end of!

622caa0d6a0e26582579e5b701234c87.gif

12645e84a57f88ab018ba5b2750e9592.gif

371524eacd7f453a399a35fa76213ac1.gif

38fcd679da8b20c1c83a132cff9ecd11.gif

6f27dab8960e6124c3bbb5d28f49c18f.gif

I thought he played well until Rooney came on, he then went back into his shell, it's similar to how he always played better when Gerrard wasn't on the pitch.  He seems to relinquish responsibility when he's playing alongside a 'big personality'.  It's a shame because I think he's a good player when he tries to control the game.

Hopefully he's 100% fit for next season.  He could thrive under Klopp.

Does a pass that leads to a goalscoring opportunity become a key pass, or is it pretty irrelevant since it doesn't actually lead to a goal?

Very relevant, an excellent pass for Vardy to run on to.

It's also a fair point imo to say that Henderson retreats into his shell when playing alongside superior players; have some confidence, some self-belief man, be the player you want to be, be the leader we all want and need.

Sorry, sad to say that ain't happening.

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, sad to see our captain turning into a Ray Wilkins tribute act; physically he's got it, mentally he's like a dunked Rich Tea biscuit.

• Upvote 2

Does a pass that leads to a goalscoring opportunity become a key pass, or is it pretty irrelevant since it doesn't actually lead to a goal?

It's still a good pass isn't it.  Whether the striker finishes it or not.  Henderson can't finish the chance for Vardy can he?  Although it seems many seem to think he should!

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, sad to see our captain turning into a Ray Wilkins tribute act

Don't look at the clips above, he make key forward passes, making your point look silly.

I will cry if Klopp keeps Henderson and gets rid of Allen.

I feel the same, it would be horrible to see Allen go while we keep Henderson.He was shite last night again against a shite team, a couple of decent passes but most of the time he was just playing his safe backward passes like he always does.

I can't understand LFC fans who think he is good enough unless they are very young, just think back to the cms we have had in the prem era.We had Masch, Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko and we were only the third or fourth best team in the league.Henderson is not good enough and shouldn't even be in the squad if our aspirations are to challenge and play in the cl.

I feel the same, it would be horrible to see Allen go while we keep Henderson.He was shite last night again against a shite team, a couple of decent passes but most of the time he was just playing his safe backward passes like he always does.

I can't understand LFC fans who think he is good enough unless they are very young, just think back to the cms we have had in the prem era.We had Masch, Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko and we were only the third or fourth best team in the league.Henderson is not good enough and shouldn't even be in the squad if our aspirations are to challenge and play in the cl.

Henderson is no Gerrard, Alonso or Mascherano - which CMs in the PL are at that level currently?  

But then again, nor is Allen - so not sure why you'd be happy to keep Allen over Henderson.  Especially when Henderson has done far more than Allen in a LFC shirt.

He wasn't shite at all you dullard.

Henderson is indicative of where we are as a club. He's a decent, above average midfielder, the sort of player that every squad would find useful. The problem is the rest of our midfielders are 'decent and above average' not one of them could be regarded as exceptional.

Henderson is no Gerrard, Alonso or Mascherano - which CMs in the PL are at that level currently?

But then again, nor is Allen - so not sure why you'd be happy to keep Allen over Henderson. Especially when Henderson has done far more than Allen in a LFC shirt.

There's not much between Allen and Alonso imo, Xabi has better long range passes and Allen is better defensively and is more mobile.Xabi doesn't view his long passes as his strength, when he was here and England were flopping he said it was because they didn't have players like Spain who would play the five yard ball to keep possession for the team.He looks for the ball to keep possession for his team even if it is the easiest pass, the same goes for Allen.If you watch Allen closely he always makes the pass that allows his teammate the best chance of keeping possession.

I'd disagree Henderson has done more for LFC, Allen played as big a part in our title challenge and when we were in form in Rodgers last season it was when Allen returned to the team, he also played a big part in us getting to the el final and was a big miss in the final.Henderson had decent stats in Rodgers last season but he was played further forward while Allen was being played as a dm.

• Downvote 3

He wasn't shite at all you dullard.

Henderson is indicative of where we are as a club. He's a decent, above average midfielder, the sort of player that every squad would find useful. The problem is the rest of our midfielders are 'decent and above average' not one of them could be regarded as exceptional.

He was imo, as Bilic said let's not give England credit for keeping possession against a team that wasn't interested in keeping possession.He played the ball backwards in midfield while under pressure and didn't do anything in the tight spaces further up the field, a couple of decent passes doesn't make it a good performance for me and Noble and Drinkwater could have done a similar job.

He was imo, as Bilic said let's not give England credit for keeping possession against a team that wasn't interested in keeping possession.He played the ball backwards in midfield while under pressure and didn't do anything in the tight spaces further up the field, a couple of decent passes doesn't make it a good performance for me and Noble and Drinkwater could have done a similar job.

He played the ball forward plenty and created England's best chances.

Silly...?

That was poor. 

So was C. Ronaldo's penalty miss. So was Sturridge last night when he got that chance from Dier.  So was Vardy when he got Henderson's cracking pass.  

Poor things happen, although Henderson didn't lose the ball and he looked shattered at that point. 

I can acknowledge when Henderson does something badly.  You however can't when Henderson does something well, like the passes I showed on the previous page - in most of England's best moves.

There's not much between Allen and Alonso imo,

I'm sorry but what the fuck is this??? Are you talking about Xabi, or his brother Mikel?

Xabi is light years ahead of Allen, and I like Allen. The only thing comparable between the two are their beards, and even then Xabi wins, the smooth bastard.

• Upvote 1

Im not sure if its his injuries in the last two seasons, or if its simply that he was the right compliment with his energy and pressing ability in a team that got its creativity from Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho and Sturridge. But he does not look half the player he did that season, obviously our team isnt as good now, but being given the captains armband he has not stepped up at all. We need better, or better players around him. For every good cross there are 3 bad ones, for every good shot there are 10 blocked or off target. Right now i would have Can, Allen and Milner ahead of him. He isnt a Liverpool captain. Following Hyypia and Gerrard is a big task and would have been unfair to expect anyone we had in our squad to do though.

• Upvote 1

Im not sure if its his injuries in the last two seasons, or if its simply that he was the right compliment with his energy and pressing ability in a team that got its creativity from Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho and Sturridge. But he does not look half the player he did that season, obviously our team isnt as good now, but being given the captains armband he has not stepped up at all. We need better, or better players around him.

I think Henderson and Skrtel, probably Flanagan, have had long running injury issues for much of the season. You never really get to know how bad these things are, but there's always pressure in an underperforming, weak squad like ours, and probably pressure from the players also, to get back on the pitch, no matter how much off the pace they then are.

I know Skrtel copped loads of flack for that back-from-injury horror performance against Southampton but he shouldn't have been out there, but for the piss-weak squad and academy we've spent mega-fortunes on.

That's a fair point. Henderson played with that heel injury for too long and seemed to almost play himself out of form. Since then it's been stop-start for him.

Fully fit, he'll be a decent player for us under Klopp, not Captain material necessarily, but as part of a high intensity midfield that doesn't rely on a DM he's got the qualities to prove his worth. I don't really care who wears the armband.

The problem is we're looking for a complete midfielder; if Henderson was such a player, he'd be off sharpish. That's why building a squad that's more than the sum of its parts, thanks to a quality manager, is so important. At least until we can get into a position where we can keep world class players.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)