You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Henderson is symptomatic of our midfield - just underwhelming. Obviously Milner is playing well but Hendo and Gini are just average. Hopefully once Keita and Fabinho get going we'll be stronger in that area but right now the midfield just totally lacks creativity. Still gutted that the Fekir move didn't go through, could really use a proper playmaker in this team.

Henderson is symptomatic of our midfield - just underwhelming. Obviously Milner is playing well but Hendo and Gini are just average. Hopefully once Keita and Fabinho get going we'll be stronger in that area but right now the midfield just totally lacks creativity. Still gutted that the Fekir move didn't go through, could really use a proper playmaker in this team.

Sign Neves.

VVD was pretty shit this game too,but we won FFS. The performance was the 'fault' of Klopp for picking Henderson,Milner and 'The Invisible Man' Wijnaldum,but we WON and yet again somebody has to carry the can for imagined failure. Henderson wasn't at his best but was nowhere near our worst player.

I think he was near our worst player, but that's not really the point. It's not about this one performance. It's about his ability to play the role in the side now we've improved. Can Henderson carry the team forward like a Captain should?

For me, the answer is no. We need to look at the midfield sensibly over the coming season or two.

• Upvote 1

I think he was near our worst player, but that's not really the point. It's not about this one performance. It's about his ability to play the role in the side now we've improved. Can Henderson carry the team forward like a Captain should?

For me, the answer is no. We need to look at the midfield sensibly over the coming season or two.

If Klopp thinks he is good enough then I agree with him. When he doesn't then I'll have no complaints either.

But it was another one of those performances (of which there are far too many and they're far too frequent in Hendo's case) where it causes me to question what exactlu he adds to the team.

Going forward Henderson adds next to zero imo. Zero goal threat, creates very little, just a big shrug of the shoulders I'm afraid.

Defensively though, in this game Henderson's abject terror and outright panic when recieving the ball, and then pitifully playing his defensive colleagues into trouble as he looks to unload the hot potato, were again sadly all too prevalant.

Yes, thankfully we mostly got away with it on Saturday, and even though our clean sheet record is no more I'm obviously happy about the result, but against sterner, tougher opposition, where there is far more on the line, can we continue to carry a passenger who contributes so little?

Rhetorical.

• Upvote 1

If Klopp thinks he is good enough then I agree with him. When he doesn't then I'll have no complaints either.

So he wasn't good enough three times and was only good enough when he performed shitly? Good stuff. We disagree. Strongly.

Anyway, I'm off to a meeting. Unfortunately you'll have to do without my witty comeback.

Hendo's problem is that he just hasn't improved, He has all the skills and stamina to be a top class midfielder but lacks the drive and imagination to go beyond the rather pedestrian blocker and link player he has become . He's a Lucas with all the optional extras but unfortunately none of them work, 

• Upvote 1

Historically our mid-field has never worked when Milner and Henderson play in tandem. I'd of thought Klopp would of picked up on this by now. 

I like Henderson as he keeps the play ticking over, works hard, sows the passing together and keeps our shape, which for me, if you change the name from Henderson to Milner, is the same set of attributes in both. However both lack that dynamic and flair edge, to pull something out of the bag

The big positive is, is that he and Milner will both have a big part to play in this season as I'd like to think we will go deep in all competitions, so this should have us playing a minimum of 50/55 games, so they will both have a part to play, just hopefully not together. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)