You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Everybody always talks about 2013/14 saying Suarez raised the game of everyone around him.

Incredible, that one player can have such a huge impact on the entire team.

As good as Salah was last season, I don't think he had anywhere near the influence on the other 9 on the pitch that Suarez did that season.

Fucks sake, I miss the mad little bastard.

I think he defo raised the game of the other 2 around him.

Everybody always talks about 2013/14 saying Suarez raised the game of everyone around him.

Incredible, that one player can have such a huge impact on the entire team.

As good as Salah was last season, I don't think he had anywhere near the influence on the other 9 on the pitch that Suarez did that season.

Fucks sake, I miss the mad little bastard.

In fairness, Gerrard was pretty inspirational for large parts of that season too.

So he panics when he has less than 20 yards of space around him in all directions. Hardly news.

Apparently it is to the national media. A few days previously, this kind of madness was being generated:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/09/talisman-jordan-henderson-england-fighting-spirit

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/09/jordan-henderson-mature-leader-england-croatia-world-cup-semi-final

I stopped reading at 'calm authority'.  Two words that Jordan could never be accused of.

He played very well in the earlier games. Against Croatia as a team we seemed to have a plan to get the ball forward quickly & with Kane coming short & the likes of Sterling and Lingaard not exactly good in the air we were always going to have a lot of wasted passes from the midfield.

Hendo was basically on his own in the midfield against Croatia. It must be hard enough trying to get tight to Modric, but when you throw Rakatic into the equation as well, it's near damn impossible. Plus he was still carrying a slight injury, which is the reason why Southgate brought him off.

• Upvote 2

Any time England had the ball they were booting it straight over Hendo’s head. That, coupled with the fact his midfield “partners” were the less than useless fucking Lingard and the abominable Alli, surprise, surprise, he didn’t get much joy out of the best midfield in the competition.

I think he did fairly well in the world cup. As did England, did well without really impressing. Personally I reckon Pickford was probably the best player, then maybe Trippier and Maguire. No one were really outstanding imo, and I may have picked those three because they performed well compared to my low expectations of them.

• 1 month later...

He was dreadful and the other two were just as bad.  A big club simply can't carry three players with fuck all technical ability, three average as fuck runners.  Leicester had a better footballer in there ffs.

I'm certain Klopp realises this or he wouldn't have spent £100m there in the summer.  So hopefully we won't have to witness such a woeful midfield for too many more games.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)