You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Can't think of a single game he's ever won for us the way Gerrard and Carragher did, where an immense performance dug something out and inspired tbose around them.

He's a good squad player, no more than that. Completely out of his depth against good quality midfield opposition.

Exactly

Thing is he might be good behind the scenes but on the pitch he clearly isn’t in the same mould as of captains past.

Give him the vice captaincy maybe but give the armband to someone else now.

He's a tidy player and I would keep him, but he's not a captain. Yeah, he "hopes" we'll be back in major finals in future, but he's not going to be the inspirational catalyst for reaching them.

The captaincy is a different beast nowadays, anyway. In lieu of someone who blends its traditional qualities with ability that marks them out as a top player, give it to your best player. In my eyes, there's a possibility that Van Dijk could fit the bill, but if not, just give it to Salah. 

I don’t ever remember Gerrard snapping anybody in half in revenge for a tackle on a team-mate. His red cards were generally for red mist occasions when he was the aggressor, or if somebody stupidly got involved with him.

Over the years, he also got plenty of (generally unfair) criticism for not getting in referees’ faces, and plenty of (generally unfair) criticism for going missing in some big games.

None of those are criticisms of one of our best ever players. It’s understandable, but there’s plenty of revisionism on here at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Makes me appreciate what Gerrard gave us as a captain that much more. Stevie would have broken that snidey Spanish rat in half after his 'tackle' on Mo.

Surely we’ve seen enough now. The lad is a bottler. Shithouse passing all night, and shrunk to nothing when we needed someone to set an example and show some courage.

Get rid.

I don’t ever remember Gerrard snapping anybody in half in revenge for a tackle on a team-mate. His red cards were generally for red mist occasions when he was the aggressor, or if somebody stupidly got involved with him.

Over the years, he also got plenty of (generally unfair) criticism for not getting in referees’ faces, and plenty of (generally unfair) criticism for going missing in some big games.

None of those are criticisms of one of our best ever players. It’s understandable, but there’s plenty of revisionism on here at the moment.

He won, or at least was the major influence in, both of our successes under Benitez.

Out of +ve for the day but bang on again. As much of a twat Ramos is people would prefer one of our players to spend his time seeking retribution and a possible red card instead of trying to get back in the game. This place is really strange sometimes.

Out of +ve for the day but bang on again. As much of a twat Ramos is people would prefer one of our players to spend his time seeking retribution and a possible red card instead of trying to get back in the game. This place is really strange sometimes.

He didn't try and snap Ramos in half. Perhaps he was trying to get us back in the game? Like many, I'm not sure 'what' he was doing....

He didn't try and snap Ramos in half. Perhaps he was trying to get us back in the game? Like many, I'm not sure 'what' he was doing....

You miss the point. If he had spent time trying to snap Ramos in half you would be saying he should have spent time trying to win the game etc.

Anyway, according to www.whoscored.com only Neymar made more accurate through balls than Henderson in the CL this season. See facts not impressions

Ideal opportunity now for Klopp to show some balls and strip this paper tiger of the captaincy, and hand it to the only leader of men in the side, which is Virgil van Dijk.

This really has to happen this summer. Relegate Henderson to the squad player that he is (at best), if we don't intend to sell him.

And he would have been right up in his face throughout the night. And right up in the referee's face. And he would have checked that Karius's head was straight after each fuck-up. And he would have raised everyone's game after Mo went off. And he would have carried the fucking ball forward once or twice and had a shot or two.

He would have been a Captain.

I get they were all upset but I was really surprised noone in the team did this even at the end. Apparently Carra put his arm round him at the end - I would have expected Henderson or someone to have!

I get they were all upset but I was really surprised noone in the team did this even at the end. Apparently Carra put his arm round him at the end - I would have expected Henderson or someone to have!

I wouldn't take the shots on tv as the gospel as there was a lot of cutting to Madrid celebrating, unless someone who was in the stadium confirms it I guess.

I wouldn't take the shots on tv as the gospel as there was a lot of cutting to Madrid celebrating, unless someone who was in the stadium confirms it I guess.

Just finished rewatching the match and the cameras clearly show Ings and Bojan consoling him when they cut to us.

That's just what we were shown so don't believe the rival fans with an agenda.

The most interesting bit is Moreno grinning like the Cheshire Cat going through the Guard of Honour when greeting the Madrid players when going up to get his medal.

The silly, braindead twat

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)