You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Not a good week for him. “Rested” for the away leg of a champions league semi, then the first sub in a must win league match. Seems we’re coming to the end of him being an automatic starter.

No idea why he was subbed yesterday. I think he must be carrying a knock.

6 hours ago, m0e said:

No idea why he was subbed yesterday. 

We were trying to win the game? Shouldn't have started. Facing deep-lying sides, his inability to go past people and reluctance of trying to thread balls between the lines is really frustrating to watch.

I'd probably start both of Keita and Jones ahead of him in games like yesterday, especially with Matip not starting.

3 hours ago, lebron said:

We were trying to win the game? Shouldn't have started. Facing deep-lying sides, his inability to go past people and reluctance of trying to thread balls between the lines is really frustrating to watch.

I'd probably start both of Keita and Jones ahead of him in games like yesterday, especially with Matip not starting.

I disagreed with not starting Matip.

Konate is obviously the business, but Matip has been our best CB this year, he carries the ball well, dynamic with his passing and is happy to break those lines and pull people out of position.

Not starting Matip and not bringing Origi on we’re mistakes that Klopp made, IMO, on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Konate is obviously the business, but Matip has been our best CB this year, he carries the ball well, dynamic with his passing and is happy to break those lines and pull people out of position.

Not starting Matip and not bringing Origi on we’re mistakes that Klopp made, IMO, on Saturday.

Not starting Matip was puzzling. As you say,Konate is excellent but the understanding between VVD and Joel is second to none in our defence. Injured? Being 'managed' for the finals?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not starting Matip was puzzling. As you say,Konate is excellent but the understanding between VVD and Joel is second to none in our defence. Injured? Being 'managed' for the finals?

I assumed Konaté got the nod because of his pace.

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Were*

This fucking new phone.

I would like to place on record my thanks to Jordan Henderson.

His selflessness and dedication to this club is a sight to behold. Took on the that thankless task of captaining this side after possibly the greatest player to pull on a red shirt. Not only did he make the captaincy his own, excelled in professionalism and leadership of this club.

For him now to win every trophy possible at Club level is no less than this man deserves. When my lad grows up and asks about this team I will first point to Henderson and say he set the tone for the success this team had.

So here’s to you Jordan Henderson. Thank you so very much.

• Upvote 20

5 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

His selflessness and dedication to this club is a sight to behold. Took on the that thankless task of captaining this side after possibly the greatest player to pull on a red shirt. Not only did he make the captaincy his own, excelled in professionalism and leadership of this club.

For him now to win every trophy possible at Club level is no less than this man deserves. When my lad grows up and asks about this team I will first point to Henderson and say he set the tone for the success this team had.

Even some of our own fans just don't appreciate the job he's done.

On 08/05/2022 at 15:40, Kevin D said:

Not a good week for him. “Rested” for the away leg of a champions league semi, then the first sub in a must win league match. Seems we’re coming to the end of him being an automatic starter.

Sickening. 

15 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Sickening. 

Wasn’t too impressed with him in the first 60 minutes, as Chelsea always bypass our midfield and have runners everywhere, but he came back into the game and thought he was class for the next hour.

I think he’s part of our best 3 midfielders, but I don’t think Klopp is convinced of that long-term.

Be interesting to see if he’s able to convince Henderson of that, or if Henderson thinks he can still be a 50-60 game starter for a real team. 

10 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Wasn’t too impressed with him in the first 60 minutes, as Chelsea always bypass our midfield and have runners everywhere, but he came back into the game and thought he was class for the next hour.

I think he’s part of our best 3 midfielders, but I don’t think Klopp is convinced of that long-term.

Be interesting to see if he’s able to convince Henderson of that, or if Henderson thinks he can still be a 50-60 game starter for a real team. 

'A real team?' Who'd want to be like that cunt team in Madrid anyway!'

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'A real team?' Who'd want to be like that cunt team in Madrid anyway!'

I meant, I don’t see him leaving us for more game time at Aston Villa. But if he thinks he’ll be 4th choice here and is still good enough to be the man at Bayern/Real/Chelsea it might be worth it on his side to weigh up his options.

I certainly would.

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I meant, I don’t see him leaving us for more game time at Aston Villa. But if he thinks he’ll be 4th choice here and is still good enough to be the man at Bayern/Real/Chelsea it might be worth it on his side to weigh up his options.

I certainly would.

I was being facetious of course. One of Hendo's strengths is that he thinks about the team above himself as an individual,Milner too. I can't see him wanting to leave and he will always be happy to do whatever the manager decides. Players like this are so difficult to find in the modern game and we are lucky to have a good few of them,especially our captain.

43 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Sickening. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

“The terms piracy and theft are often associated with copyright infringement.[4][5] The original meaning of piracy is "robbery or illegal violence at sea",[6] but the term has been in use for centuries as a synonym for acts of copyright infringement.[7][8]

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Hear,hear.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)