You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Grabbing his eyes after being chinned was pretty poor. England's weakness was definitely centre mid I thought. Just no body home.

Every other cunt cheats so fair play to him. He lost his head for a bit as well which was good to see
  • Upvote 1

Hendo is boss. I don’t think anyone can deny he’s grown into the captaincy recently. I’d love nothing more than to see him lift number 6.

Obviously we need another top class midfielder in, but I can still see him playing in the majority of games next season - especially if he can stay injury free.

Yes he is,and as Docker's article states, he has the respect of his team mates which is so important among players.

For a center mid and potential cpt it is amazing how many tines he just punts high upfield with no one there. He knows the is no one there but just boots it. Ok in the 90th min but not 50 mins in.

Very little composure. And I am a fan.

Honestly I’m baffled as to what game you’re watching. He basically played the easy ball all night. You near enough never see him just twat it ever. If anything he gets criticised for taking the easy option too often.

• Upvote 1

Was a bit lucky not getting sent off, not that he deserved it I just couldn’t believe the Colombian guy didn’t go on the floor screaming because it seemed that’s how they were playing the game

Yeah knew from his face he’d miss pen, I thought Dier would aswell but that was probably because he looks gormless

Was a bit lucky not getting sent off, not that he deserved it I just couldn’t believe the Colombian guy didn’t go on the floor screaming because it seemed that’s how they were playing the game

Yeah knew from his face he’d miss pen, I thought Dier would aswell but that was probably because he looks gormless

Hendo wins that contest hands down, 

Don't really get the thing with people thinking he has to show a bit of bile of fight in his game, that's not headbutting people or feigning injury, real spirit and spunk is not going missing in the big games against the big opponents. Something Henderson has always struggled with.

Beyond that I don't think he's very good. He's a 'busy' player but seriously wanting in most aspects of his game. If he played for spurs or Newcastle you'd see him as being a handy player but not someone you'd be remotely worried about seeing on their team sheet. David Thompson on steds. We really must do better.

• Upvote 1

I agree with some of the criticisms about him going missing and not really being a natural leader etc. A lot of the issues people seem to have with him though are more down to the way the game as a whole has gone. Midfielders now are more in the mould of a Henderson than anything else. And that includes technical ability as well as temperament.

Box to box all action midfielders of old just don’t exist any more because of the tactical way the game is. Henderson sits in front of the defence and plays easy passes most of the game because I imagine that’s what he is being told to do. Anybody else that’s going to take over him is going to basically do the exact same thing.

Most of the games we play in involve teams sitting back with nearly all of their players. We then have our two centre halves and midfielder anchoring to protect us from a counter attack and every one else is in position to give an option for a pass. A lot of top sides have different ways of playing what is essentially the same thing which is why none of the midfielders stand out like they did in years gone by.

• Upvote 1

Honestly I’m baffled as to what game you’re watching. He basically played the easy ball all night. You near enough never see him just twat it ever. If anything he gets criticised for taking the easy option too often.

Fair enough. It’s probably just me. I wanted to see it.

Henderson is an excellent player and you need a guy like that in the team.

Or you are a dick.

I thought he was England’s best player last night and more often than not plays well in the big games. The games he struggles in are the ones where we have to break down stubborn defences, I can’t remember letting us down in a big game.

• Upvote 1

I agree with some of the criticisms about him going missing and not really being a natural leader etc. A lot of the issues people seem to have with him though are more down to the way the game as a whole has gone. Midfielders now are more in the mould of a Henderson than anything else. And that includes technical ability as well as temperament.

Box to box all action midfielders of old just don’t exist any more because of the tactical way the game is. Henderson sits in front of the defence and plays easy passes most of the game because I imagine that’s what he is being told to do. Anybody else that’s going to take over him is going to basically do the exact same thing.

Most of the games we play in involve teams sitting back with nearly all of their players. We then have our two centre halves and midfielder anchoring to protect us from a counter attack and every one else is in position to give an option for a pass. A lot of top sides have different ways of playing what is essentially the same thing which is why none of the midfielders stand out like they did in years gone by.

Apart from a certain Naby Keita, who we should look to sign.

What ?

Fair enough. It’s probably just me. I wanted to see it.

Henderson is an excellent player and you need a guy like that in the team.

Or you are a dick.

It’s not that you wanted to see it, it’s that you didn’t see it and completely made it up.

It’s the sort of comment somebody who pretends they’re into football would make. The sort of guy who sticks the footy on but changes channel to eastenders every time the ball goes out of play but forgets to turn it back over for 15 mins because they’ve got too into Ian Beale’s latest escapade. It would be okay if they then didnt go around spouting shite like Henderson is always twatting aimless balls up the pitch which I don’t think he’s ever done in his career.

Yesterday when England were under the cosh the ball bounced around a bit and spilled to him on the left side of Englands box. On his left foot he took the safe option and cleared it up the line where unfortunately nobody was. This was literally the only occasion in the whole 120 minutes he cleared a ball in that manner. Unfortunately that was probably the moment you’d got bored Danny Dyer arguing with his bird. I can imagine you now jumping around your living room moaning about how he’s always doing that. Fucking shite that Henderson.

• Downvote 1

People holding Henderson up as some sort of ‘boss player’ are too young or too senile to remember what a fucking good midfielder looks like. He’s a really average player with an alarming lack of bottle. And a bit thick. Weve has thick players before, but that’s because their brains were in their boots.

• Upvote 3

People holding Henderson up as some sort of ‘boss player’ are too young or too senile to remember what a fucking good midfielder looks like. He’s a really average player with an alarming lack of bottle. And a bit thick. Weve has thick players before, but that’s because their brains were in their boots.

I think in the current climate he is a good midfielder, but then you don’t see many midfielders like Souness, Gerrard, Viera and Keane anymore, that’s just from our league.

He’s up there with most in the Premier League, but that says a lot about the league. Hopefully Keita changes that.

Not sure I agree with the bottle jibe either. I’m neither young nor senile.

He’s a 5-7 in all areas type of player. Think Darren Fletcher, Marcelo Ambrosini, Ivan Helguera. All at their best decent players, but not particularly great at anything. Worrying if he was your best midfielder, but fine if he was your third best.... which he was for us last season behind Ox and Milner.

Don't really get the thing with people thinking he has to show a bit of bile of fight in his game, that's not headbutting people or feigning injury, real spirit and spunk is not going missing in the big games against the big opponents. Something Henderson has always struggled with.

Beyond that I don't think he's very good. He's a 'busy' player but seriously wanting in most aspects of his game. If he played for spurs or Newcastle you'd see him as being a handy player but not someone you'd be remotely worried about seeing on their team sheet. David Thompson on steds. We really must do better.

He looked really good in 2013/14, but everyone had their game raised by Suarez that year.

He looked really good in 2013/14, but everyone had their game raised by Suarez that year.

Everybody always talks about 2013/14 saying Suarez raised the game of everyone around him.

Incredible, that one player can have such a huge impact on the entire team.

As good as Salah was last season, I don't think he had anywhere near the influence on the other 9 on the pitch that Suarez did that season.

Fucks sake, I miss the mad little bastard.

• Upvote 1

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)